PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the Legnum

Freddy
13-01-2004, 04:47 AM
Those of you that have lowered your Legnums, do you encounter problems with judder bars ?

tunes
13-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Mine is right down to the legal limit and i haven't had any problems with the underbody on judder bars. The only issues i have is once in a while with my front end. You will find you have to take them a little slower but that's all you really have to worry about.

Freddy
14-01-2004, 04:06 AM
Thanks Tunes, any bites on the car yet?

KiwiTT
26-01-2004, 09:26 PM
My car is lowered just 30mm or so and I can get over all Judder bars. (Sleeping Policemen = for UK readers). On Matai Rd, Greenlane, between Gt South Rd and Wheturangi Rd, there is some quite high ones, and I can get over them. Go with your car to see those ones and see.

However, it did scrape when I went down to the Orakei Basin. So I don't go there.

-LegnumVR4-
27-01-2004, 06:25 AM
Mine is right down to the legal limit and i haven't had any problems with the underbody on judder bars. The only issues i have is once in a while with my front end. You will find you have to take them a little slower but that's all you really have to worry about.

Just take the judder bars slowly like Tunes says, shouldn't be a problem. The only thing i'm worried about is cutting the inside tyres out, have to make sure u get the wheel alignment setup for the car, not just an alignment off the factory specs. Its the toe that cuts them up.

Freddy
27-01-2004, 08:34 AM
The reason I ask is I have only lowered the front 32mm which is fine and I want to do the rear, but to get to work I have to go over 9 big judder bars which by the way I don't touch at the moment.

-LegnumVR4-
28-01-2004, 05:38 AM
Exhaust pipe maybe (where it cuts across the back of the rear diff), mine has about a 10mm gap between the tyre and the guard so it pretty low and i haven't had any problems so far.

Freddy
28-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Alright Im going to do it, it's all your fault if it scrapes :D Thanks for the info

tunes
28-01-2004, 08:36 PM
The reason I ask is I have only lowered the front 32mm which is fine and I want to do the rear, but to get to work I have to go over 9 big judder bars which by the way I don't touch at the moment.

Are these the judder bars down beside the motorway in the marina? If so i can drive over all of those without touching.

Freddy
29-01-2004, 04:33 AM
Yes Tunes, those are the nasty little critters, the very reason I didn't bring the rear down, but now armed with info, I will lower away and show them whos boss! :stare:

tunes
05-03-2004, 04:33 AM
How did the lowering go btw? I assume you took it down to 100mm clearance so not having to worry about certs etc etc?

KiwiMR2
08-03-2004, 03:52 AM
I have just imported a Legnum ST-R of which my in-laws have decided they want, I haven't looked at what springs it has in it but Im SURE it's lowered....it has the 16" mitsi mags on it and the rear tyre is flush or just under the rear gaurd. The front is a bit lower too....have to go a bit slower up driveways etc but haven't really scrapped as of yet.

Cheers
KiwiMR2

Freddy
11-03-2004, 07:43 AM
I havent got there yet Tunes, to busy at work. It will happen soon though.
Kiwi MR2; sounds like yours is lowered alright.