PDA

View Full Version : How's this work then?

Kieran
13-01-2004, 08:41 AM
Another ebay thingy for you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=2454138296

He's got a LOT of happy buyers, all saying the product works. Would I be correct in assuming this is likely to be a performance resistor?

If that is the case, how does adding a resistor work? What signal does it alter and what are the potential side effects?

Has anyone ever (on any car) tried these things?

Big Ian
13-01-2004, 08:51 AM
this is some thing i'd like to no about also......?
i'm not sure about these as ive heard they are only for fooling your system and letting more cold air in or something like that? so it'll be intresting to see what other's think..

ritch_w
29-01-2004, 09:44 PM
seen these before - look at posts on the galant centre and the FTO sites.

its a resistor that tricks the MAF or the ECU into thinking the air its sucking in is colder than it actually is, therfore allowing more fuel etc so should give a wee bit more power.

i would be wary of the effect this would have on the engine longterm.....

try to find posts on the other sites and see if anyone has run one of these on a dyno??

SGHOM
29-01-2004, 09:52 PM
try item 2455378757 !! same thing I think ??

Brind
29-01-2004, 11:19 PM
If it's the said resister, many people have had idle, cutting out etc problems no end with it.. stay well clear in my opinion.

enigma
29-01-2004, 11:33 PM
You dont get anything for nothing! Your car will run rich, you may get a few BHP, wont be very noticable though and eventually you will get all sooted up! Not to mention lower mpg! Steer clear Kieran and buy a VR4! :-D