PDA

View Full Version : More dog guard questions...

bigsed
10-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I have drawn a blank in locating a dog guard (the wire mesh type), other than at the main dealer. Now the problem is that they say there are two types, one for non-sunroof cars which they have available, and a different one for the lucky folk with a moonroof (which has been discontinued). Although I am lucky to have a moonroof if means they won't sell me a guard. My question is does anyone know the difference??
The moonroof is nowhere near the boot, and given that the guard does not attatch to the roof in any way I cant see what the problem is. Any help would be mush appreciated.
Cheers

richy rich
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I have drawn a blank in locating a dog guard (the wire mesh type), other than at the main dealer. Now the problem is that they say there are two types, one for non-sunroof cars which they have available, and a different one for the lucky folk with a moonroof (which has been discontinued). Although I am lucky to have a moonroof if means they won't sell me a guard. My question is does anyone know the difference??
The moonroof is nowhere near the boot, and given that the guard does not attatch to the roof in any way I cant see what the problem is. Any help would be mush appreciated.
Cheers
Ive got a proper dog guard (it fits very close to the roof) and all i can think off is that your car has got slightly less head room so it will not fit.

dave221
10-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Cheers

I had one in my old gls without sunroof and its now fitted in my v6 with sunroof.
It fits in both cars fine so I can't see what the difference could be.

HMG1K
10-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Quite a few dog guards come up on eBay quite frequently... Though I've no idea on the two different versions.

bigsed
10-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Cheers folks, maybe I'll take a punt on one from a main stealer then for the non-sunroof model. I keep checking ebay, but there hasn't been one come up for a few months now (not a mitsu one at least).
Many thanks for your help.