PDA

View Full Version : Warning Lights

Big Ian
13-01-2004, 08:45 AM
:wavey: hi folk's
when i was taking my wife the smorn-to work i got a strange light flash :eek:on my dash i noticed it was an orange light :scared1: ohh! jobbies i thought ive got no water in me engine any way it turned out to be the light to :grrr: say "please can you fill your skooshy bottle" first time ive ever had this light on.also can any of you tell me if my car has a low fuel light as ive never seen this on either :dozey:

BraindG
13-01-2004, 08:50 AM
not sure about the gls, but the vr4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (if memory serves me correctly) is right by the fuel gauge... we round orange light...

which reminds me...

/starts useless fact
INSERT INTO post VALUES (cant remember if the vr4 has it) but ive noticed on a few cars... ford, volvo, that beside the fuel gauge is an arrow... this points to which side the fuel flap is on...
/ends useless fact

Big Ian
13-01-2004, 08:55 AM
i take it you have a problem with your car BraindG????
what i'd like to know also is that if it has a low fuel light,does it have it's own fuse.
as i know ive ran low before and ive never seen a light come on.

BraindG
13-01-2004, 09:33 AM
on mine, the light comes on pretty much as the needle hits the bottom line..
a problem with my car? :) thats an understatement :D

adam_shaw
13-01-2004, 10:51 AM
There is a fuel warning light, its within the guage and is a little orange lamp in the bottom of the guage.

On my current car this comes on before the needle even gets to the bottom.

But it is cool 'cos it comes on more 'urgently' as the fuel gets lower, from a gentle glow to a really quite distracting light.

The washer bottle thing is a pain in the arse - it's not 'damped' like the Fuel light and so flashes as the car goes over bumps and round corners. First time you see it it can scare the crap out of you.

Don't know about fuses though?

Adam

colVR4
13-01-2004, 11:09 AM
You have to expect the VR-4 boys to know more about the low fuel light than the rest of us though....they see it more often :p

enigma
13-01-2004, 11:31 AM
I have only ever seen the fuel light a couple of times, something to do with filling up every time I see a Shell garage! Never seen the washer warning though.....being a very good boy I check my fluids often..................;)

Spirit
13-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Can't see a seperate fuse listed for it.

Big Ian
25-01-2004, 12:31 AM
i had my dash out and checked the bulb and it is working but i'm still not getting a low fuel light when my fuel is getting low? :confused:

Spirit
25-01-2004, 12:41 AM
I guess the only real test is to carry a can of petrol around and let it run down as low as you feel safe to see if/when it does actually come on - I assume there is some form of sensor in the tank, maybe that is faulty ?

Big Ian
25-01-2004, 01:08 AM
:( no worries not like i'm missing anything as it's not worked sin's ive had the car, and probably won't be working if i ever sell it.
cheer's for all info and help ;)

Dmac1969
25-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Mine works , but it doesnt come on untill the needle seems to dip under the 'empty' line on the gauge! According to the manual , when you see the light first illuminate you have 9 litres (2 Imp gals??) left in the tank...thats the biggest reserve ive ever had in a car , mind you she needs it coz she drinks like Georgie Best....god knows wot a VR4 is like.... :eek:

Big Ian
25-01-2004, 11:54 PM
don't know if i want to risk pulling any dirt out the tank just to see if it's working? DUNCAN HOW DID YOU GET ON ABOUT THE DETAIL'S I GAVE YOU ABOUT THE OIL FILLER CAP? i got mine at the weekend.

Dmac1969
26-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Ian
I didnt go for it , to be honest i dont trust EBay and such , id rather buy one for the full whack and know its actually gonna arrive! Thanks for the gen tho!

Big Ian
26-01-2004, 12:10 AM
yeah no prob's,mine's took 10 day's to arrive and is exact same as my mate's and he paid over £50 squids for it.

Mel
26-01-2004, 08:47 PM
I had the opposite problem on my first tank of fuel on my VR4- the orange light came on with the gauge indicating 1/4 full. Knowing all about electronicky things (and not really appreciating the thirst of the VR4), I trusted the gauge, not the light. Wrong :$

One warranty callout and shamefaced lift to the local, I was back on the road.

Local dealer (Marshalls Cambridge) was all set to look at it (bless 'em) when the petrol tank recall notice came through, and its been fine since then. (Comes on with about 10 litres left)

Slightly off thread, but does anyone else have a second set of lights on the front bumper, next to the fogs- I have yet to find any way of putting them on. They dont come on with any other light, there isn't any switch for them, and all the fuses are OK. Its on a '01 VR4 estate.

Big Ian
27-01-2004, 01:12 AM
there was a thread about the light's somewhere in the forum's.try the search engine at the top of the forum's page?