PDA

View Full Version : inner cv joint

pitslayer
12-10-2007, 04:51 PM
it seems my £700 rebuilt gearbox is rearing is ugly head again. drove the car home from town the other day, about to pull into the village i live in. and i hear a Clonk Clonk Clonk, followed by some grinding noises.
limped the car into work(took an hour and half to do the 10 miles drive to work 25mph all the way) noise is that bad.
i know there not cheap, but how much are they. i find it funny that the gearbox is done, it comes back with a siliconed up cv boot up on one side, the drive shaft snaps internally, and now the cv joint on the left side has gone, teh car has even done like 2000 miles since it was mot`d last month/Grrr
lol
so how much is it going to cost me to fix?

Kieran
12-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Not a V6 joint, but to give you a 'maximum' value, a full inner CV repair joint (including clips, boot, grease, spider joint and casing) was about £200 from Mitsutwitty. I doubt a V6 one will be that much and also, as your car's a UK-spec, you may be able to get a part factor to source an inner CV kit more cheaply.

pitslayer
12-10-2007, 05:31 PM
it will be added onto what im claiming back of the gearbox company
will have to ring them tomorow, mitsubishi garage near me is superb

psbarham
12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
http://www.carparts-direct.co.uk/drive_shafts_detail.cfm

g6acb
12-10-2007, 09:25 PM
[quote=pitslayer](took an hour and half to do the 10 miles drive to work 25mph all the way) quote]

Sorry dude, can't help with your problem.... but where did the other 27.5 miles go? :inquisiti

psbarham
12-10-2007, 09:44 PM
[quote=pitslayer](took an hour and half to do the 10 miles drive to work 25mph all the way) quote]

Sorry dude, can't help with your problem.... but where did the other 27.5 miles go? :inquisiti
sheep feild ?

pitslayer
13-10-2007, 02:42 AM
i made several stops on the way to check the obvious, like wheel wasnt falling off, the brake caliper was attached, nothing else was falling off etc

cheers for the link mr barham, i was on that site earlier but i was looking for just inner cv joint, didnt think to have a look for driveshafts lol

need to get it sorted asap, im driving the toledo of doom at the moment, only been driving it since wensday and im getting a bit tired of having to spray start ya b@$t@rD in the inlet everytime i need to start it up....had a blocked oil breather before it came of the road last year, and has since gunged up the inlet and wont start without it lol, hopefully have a look at it tomorow

The Vee
14-10-2007, 12:36 PM
unfortunately it will cost about what Kieran said. Been through replacing both shafts recently and complete ones go up to about £450 each. Yes this is for V6 not VR4. Tried the place PSB mentioned but they didn't have any for the galant. I think it was also them that offered a rebuild sevice but at the time didn't have time to wait!! It all stsrted when I ordered a replacement boot set from mitsi which were crap, lost my rag and bought two new shafts as I was off to the ring/pan /pan