PDA

View Full Version : Door hinge noise.

sanct
12-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Anybody got a good way of solving drivers door hinge noise?
Whenever it's a really hot day my drivers door makes a very unflattering screechy graunchy type noise! Have put grease on as many moving parts as possible but still it makes the noise.

Any ideas to solve this heavy door dilema?
Thanks in advance.
:)

Nutter_John
12-10-2007, 08:14 PM
fill it with helium

Normally the pins are worn , I have the same issue on both my front doors but not bothered

ANTHONY
12-10-2007, 08:15 PM
spray white grease

sanct
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
fill it with helium

Normally the pins are worn , I have the same issue on both my front doors but not bothered

Your cigar is in the post!

sanct
12-10-2007, 08:27 PM
spray white grease

Tried and tested?

Nick VR4
12-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeap white grease / spray Mits garage kindly left in the car after a service :D

Paul Beazer
12-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Its not actually the hinges, but the door regulator (bit that stops the door opening too far). Clean the old one up with a rag and WD40, then some apply some nice waterproof grease in the top and bottom edges should banish the noises! Open and close the door a couple of times to work it into the spring mechanism in the door and then reapply, cleaning the excess from the sides.

sanct
12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Its not actually the hinges, but the door regulator (bit that stops the door opening too far). Clean the old one up with a rag and WD40, then some apply some nice waterproof grease in the top and bottom edges should banish the noises! Open and close the door a couple of times to work it into the spring mechanism in the door and then reapply, cleaning the excess from the sides.

Cheers will give it a go.
Thanks PB