PDA

View Full Version : Licence plates

sanct
12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
My licence plates have become some what discoloured, especially rear one.

I was looking online for companies that could do me a set. Then more and more choices were offered- side badge - border - background - slogan etc etc
Now I'm a firm believer in not making your car look like you own shares in Halfords. I'm not a fan of frills and tassels.
So theres no way I would go towards dodgey type faces or fake carbon textures.
Having said this keeping the plate clean with no border and having a dicreet Ralliart Mits type thing in small text under the main plate could be deemed as quite tasteful... hmmmm not sure.

Your views.... anyone taken that route and if so what did you do?
:afro:

HMG1K
12-10-2007, 08:33 PM
I always prefer plain - or better still, go to a Mitsubishi dealer, get plates made up there with their name on them.

That way it looks like you afforded the car from new, from a main dealer! Ok, free advertising for the dealer, but like I say looks like you bought the car from new.

sanct
12-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I always prefer plain - or better still, go to a Mitsubishi dealer, get plates made up there with their name on them.

That way it looks like you afforded the car from new, from a main dealer! Ok, free advertising for the dealer, but like I say looks like you bought the car from new.

Good point
Me likey

HMG1K
12-10-2007, 09:27 PM
You can go one further and get a Mitsubishi dealership sticker in the rear window to match the plates! They give those away for free!

The plates are usually the last thing to be changed when a car is sold second hand by a non-franchised dealer - so to have main dealer plates and a main dealer rear window sticker looks better than main dealer plates and a rear window sticker that reads: 'Joe Bloggs Auto Centre'.

Wouter
13-10-2007, 04:23 PM
This is what I like!

uploaded/1151/1192288980.jpg