PDA

View Full Version : galant v6-24v

joss
15-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Hi,can anyone tell me how to change the rear wheel bearing

Nutter_John
15-10-2007, 12:09 AM
there is a great article for the vr4 in the members section which cost £20 per year to join (I sure the article is quite close on a V6 as the VR4 but someone will no doubt confirm )

Hi and welcome to the mad house , have fun

n13l pm
15-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah I can confirm its the same. I used the article when I changed one of mine rear bearings on the V6 a few months ago. Very helpful guide with step by step instructions backed up with photos.

Kieran
15-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Seeing as you can't see the member's section - Here's a quick rundown so you're not left high and dry! :scholar:

Jack the car up

Remove the wheel, followed by the disc - The disc isn't bolted in, but it can be a pain to remove as the handbrake shoes drag on it as you pull it away, even with the handbrake down.

Once that's off, you can see the bearing - you change the entire hub. Just remove the four bolts from the rear and you can prise it away and off! Easy..... For me to say!!!

Have a look at this too - lots of info if you search for it.:scholar:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24446&highlight=rear+wheel+bearing

joss
16-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks to nutter john,n131pm and kieran,changed that rear bearing today
It was just as you described it kieran,took a couple of hours in the rain,but now it is superb,cheers.

Kieran
16-10-2007, 11:21 PM
That's great - Glad you got it sorted. We're happy to help! :afro: :scholar: