PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all from Nottingham, and thank you...

shrew
15-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Hello to everyone at Club VR-4, and thank you for letting me join.

A little about myself then...

I'm totally new to the VR-4 experience having just bought and in the process of converting and registering my first Legnum Estate VR-4, a fresh jap import switchtronic (does that define it it as a type s?) and can honestly say, as i'm sure you will all expect, that i'm am thus far very very impressed.

And i take some impressing, cos as a true jap man and fan, i already own a midly modded 300zx twin tub manual, a great WRX Impreza classic, and for the family a beautiful Chevrolet Astro flatroof, plus a whole host of bikes including a Suzuki GSXR 1000 for the tarmac, a Suzuki RMZ 450 to get down and dirty on, and a big Husaberg 650 for supermoto and the road!

But please don't think i'm boasting, cos i'm also broke!!!

Things such as the Subaru are for sale, thats what i do, jap import cars, mpv's and 4x4's, plus any type of road, dirt, or track bike if the right stuff comes up. Anything clean, honest, with an engine, wheels, and a buck in it will do for me really.

But, and this is important, i'm not here as a trader, this VR-4 will be for myself and the family to use and keep as a day to day vehicle, a fun performance wolf in sheeps clothing for me, and also will need to get a towbar to get dad n lad to the motocross meetings instaed of using the Astro, (17mpg isn't much good with our fuel prices is it?)

So i'm not here to sell anyone anything, but i will be bugging the back end out of you all as i learn how best to mod and care for what is already a cracking motor, so get ready...

Thanks again for welcoming me to this forum, and i'm really looking forward to getting mine on the road and getting to some meets and runs etc etc

Speak to you all soon

Shrew

ps - anyone know the best and quickest way to get more forum and post priveleges?

Nick VR4
15-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi and Welcome to the forum

Paul Beazer
15-10-2007, 12:24 PM
ps - anyone know the best and quickest way to get more forum and post priveleges?

Welcome aboard!

I dont "think" there are any restictions to newly paid up members, so you should have access to everything.

Let the boss (Braindg) know in the "site bugs / issues" thread if you arent sure, or feel free to ask, we dont bite!

Kieran
15-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Hello and welcome Shrew! My, another Nottingham member, there's quite a few of us knocking about!

Enjoy the car and have a good look around for info - there's a lot of it about, but if you get stuck, just ask!:afro:

shrew
15-10-2007, 06:36 PM
thank you Nick, Beazer and Kieran

i think the bugs are more with me, appears to be sorted now.

kieran, where in notts are you, ive only ever seen one locally?

cheers, shrew

TAR
15-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi and welcome to the club.

17MPG - you wont get much more towing crossers with the legnum!!!

/rally

Johnny_Cashed
15-10-2007, 09:29 PM
thank you Nick, Beazer and Kieran

i think the bugs are more with me, appears to be sorted now.

kieran, where in notts are you, ive only ever seen one locally?

cheers, shrew

Look for the one with the dent in the rear?

Kieran
15-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Look for the one with the dent in the rear?

/wall

She's in the bodyshop being sorted out thankyou very much!! /pan :veryangry

Johnny_Cashed
15-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry, had to be said! Are they going to take it to a carwash afterwards, make sure it's nice and clean? :scholar:

Kieran
15-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Sorry, had to be said! Are they going to take it to a carwash afterwards, make sure it's nice and clean? :scholar:

Unsurprisingly, the receptionist was given a Two minute briefing on Ariadne's requirements and what to do and not do.... :embarasse

Nutter_John
15-10-2007, 10:33 PM
So they will use washing up liquid on it :pimp2:

Kieran
15-10-2007, 10:37 PM

They could try.... /grr

psbarham
15-10-2007, 10:38 PM

don't be daft

cillit bang all the way :inquisiti

Nutter_John
15-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Sorry yep your right Paul , I have seen the advert and if it can make a penny shine imagine what it could do to a silver car

psbarham
15-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Sorry yep your right Paul , I have seen the advert and if it can make a penny shine imagine what it could do to a silver car
coo heck your right, the results would be stunning:afro:

Johnny_Cashed
15-10-2007, 11:12 PM
BANG - and the paint is gone

psbarham
16-10-2007, 06:50 AM
BANG - and the paint is gone

nah , its more like

:soapbox: " HI I'M KIEREN SCOTT, USE CILLIT BANG, AND BANG THE GARAGE DOOR IS GONE"/Devil5 /Devil5

Kieran
16-10-2007, 08:18 AM
nah , its more like

:soapbox: " HI I'M KIEREN SCOTT, USE CILLIT BANG, AND BANG THE GARAGE DOOR IS GONE"/Devil5 /Devil5

/lol

I'll get you for that, Barham!

Lillywotsername
16-10-2007, 02:35 PM
PMSL.... You are a very bad man Paul.

White Lightning
16-10-2007, 04:45 PM
17MPG - you wont get much more towing crossers with the legnum!!!

/rally

I thought the same thing /haz

/Welcome

Paul Beazer
16-10-2007, 08:02 PM
nah , its more like

ROFLMAO!!

JUST LOOK WHAT IT DID TO THIS TIRED OLD LEGGIE, GOOD AS NEW!!

Kieran
16-10-2007, 11:02 PM
That's it. :veryangry

Next meeting I'm bringing a vat of Cillit bang and drowning you bunch of Mother Hubbards in it! :veryangry

Oh - and sorry for the wanton /Hijack Shrew..... That's part and parcel of ClubVR-4, you'll soon get used to the lunacy on here! ;) :D