PDA

View Full Version : A.P. Motors Ltd (Plymouth)

Spirit
13-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Just found these guys a week or so ago. They are a small outfit but very knowledgable and can do anything on a VR4/Evo/FTO etc including servicing, AYC change, cambelts etc and are a LOT cheaper than Mitsy.

They also do all the SVA conversions for local importers and servicing for them - had two Skylines there today for servicing and sorting a Supra TT which had some sort of speed pulse error on the ECU INSERT INTO post VALUES (over my head).

Anyhow, looks good for another contact:

Call: 01752 335333 - Andy Hodson INSERT INTO post VALUES (Director)

Hours: 8.30am to 11.00pm Mon-Fri and 8.30am to 1.00pm Saturday INSERT INTO post VALUES (yes 11pm !)

Spirit
24-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Well these guys had a bit of fun, but after a bit we got the boost controller installed and up and running fine. The car is now booked in with them for next Friday for AYC fluid change and brake fluid change (ready for track day on 8th Feb)

Spirit
31-01-2004, 12:55 AM
AYC fluid change and brake fluid change all done. £81 all in :-D

The AYC change took about 45 mins by one man (not 2hrs and 3 men as Mitsy tried to tell me), and nice new DOT4 brake fluid ready for next weeks track day ;)

When the guys saw the Mitsy toolkit (i.e wheel nut remover) they just laughed and even threw in an extendable "proper" one at no charge - just love 'em !

haydar
01-02-2004, 12:45 PM
AYC fluid change and brake fluid change all done. £81 all in :-D

The AYC change took about 45 mins by one man (not 2hrs and 3 men as Mitsy tried to tell me), and nice new DOT4 brake fluid ready for next weeks track day ;)

When the guys saw the Mitsy toolkit (i.e wheel nut remover) they just laughed and even threw in an extendable "proper" one at no charge - just love 'em !

These really sound like good guys. However how did they do the AYC oil change? I thought one needed some special equipment for this?

Spirit
01-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Not at all mate - Mitsy make a big hype about it and it's really not that difficult :-D

SGHOM
01-02-2004, 01:15 PM
pity I'm nearly 300 miles away !!