PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fitted a BMC/CDA airfilter?

spm01
16-10-2007, 11:34 AM
as title really, i am trying to find out if there the above filters for our cars? if they have not been produced for our cars and people are using them, what ones have you all got? are you using one from another make or model car?

thanks in advance.

Paul C
16-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I dont think they make a cda for a vr4 i cant remember where i bought mine from but i think i used one of the dealers from the bmc website. I ended up speaking to someone who looked up a suitable sized filter. If you are using it in conjunction with the airflow meter you will need an adapter plate which i think you can get on ebay.

spm01
16-10-2007, 07:23 PM
thanks for the info mate, i have just found the website and sent an email to the uk based distributors for a price.
i cant seem to find the adaptor on ebay you were on about so i have asked for a price on that as well.

how do you find the filter? is it a worth spending the extra money on it over others that are on the market?

pezza
17-10-2007, 10:51 AM
thanks for the info mate, i have just found the website and sent an email to the uk based distributors for a price.
i cant seem to find the adaptor on ebay you were on about so i have asked for a price on that as well.

I had one of these filters and needed something like THIS (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-MAF-Intake-Adapter-4-5-Mitsubishi-EVO-FTO-GTO_W0QQitemZ290170469553QQihZ019QQcategoryZ36680Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) off ebay. Funkystyling used to sell em... platsic ones like THIS ONE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-05-Mitsubishi-Galant-3-Air-Intake-MAF-MAS-Adapter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33659QQihZ008QQ itemZ180168678515QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V) but am not sure if they still sell these.

HTH

Paul C
17-10-2007, 02:53 PM

how do you find the filter? is it a worth spending the extra money on it over others that are on the market?

To be honest I would keep the standard setup and spend £200 elsewhere. I don't think you will get much change from £200 for both pieces. i have been messing around ( i mean Modding ) with the car lately i can't tell if i have noticed a difference. When i first put it on many moons ago I thought the car felt good and had smooth power delivery. Since then i have fitted Map ecu2, removed maf, fitted larger intercooler,de-cat pipe, cat back 2.5" exhaust and serviced the car so cant remember. When i first got the car as standard i put it on the rollers and it measured 260 bhp as expected. When i next go on the rollers i will find out if the above mods have been worth it.