PDA

View Full Version : Speed Sensor Problem

timiano
16-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi all

Had a diagnostic unit on for the ABS/AYC issue yesterday. Mechanic said that the actual wire had been damaged/cut. It would appear not to be the ABS ring, but the wire to the ABS ECU (I think). He mentioned that they work on a pulse, and soldering them back together may not work.

Any advice, or anyone experienced any similar? Can the wire be replaced?

Thanks

Tim

timiano
23-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Anyone?

Nutter_John
23-10-2007, 01:07 PM
As long as the soldering is good and wraped with insulting tape then I can not see a reason why it should not work .

I could understand if the connection had to be a setp inpedance but as it is PWM then should make no difference

Nick Mann
23-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Bernmc modified his abs sensors to install them in differen hub carriers. That involved soldering! So I, too, would imagine that you should have no problems as long as the job is done well.

timiano
23-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!

Downpipes are being fitted next Tuesday, and it'll be up on the ramp this Saturday for some prep work, so I'll have a look then. Might see if I can do it there and then.

orionn2o
23-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi all

Had a diagnostic unit on for the ABS/AYC issue yesterday. Mechanic said that the actual wire had been damaged/cut. It would appear not to be the ABS ring, but the wire to the ABS ECU (I think). He mentioned that they work on a pulse, and soldering them back together may not work.

Any advice, or anyone experienced any similar? Can the wire be replaced?

Thanks

Tim

I suspect he wanted to sell you something!

The signal integraty with a decent solder joint should not affect any kind of low frequency pulsing to the point that the ECU would care.

Matt

timiano
28-10-2007, 02:50 PM
All sorted

Had the Leggy up on the ramp loosening the bolts in preperation for the custom downpipes to be put on this Tuesday.

So, had a look at what really had happened to the cable. The cable really had just sheered completely. Mate soldered the wires back together and insulted them, and popped them back in the retaining clip. All done and dusted.

Also give my discs a skim while on the hubs, and the drive and braking action feels 'LOTS' smoother now.

Oh, and put a BOV off an EVO 6 on, in place of the stock Leggy one. Doesn't feel any different (well if it does, it is very subtle), but I'm sure it'll make a difference once the profec E-01 and the custom downpipes are both on within the next week or two!!!

Tim

Kieran
28-10-2007, 08:19 PM
EVO valves hold boost better than the stock VR-4 one - That's what I've experienced anyway. So yeah, once your magic box of boost fiddlement is setup, you'll benefit.:scholar:

Spirit
28-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Mate soldered the wires back together and insulted them

Did he call them names, taunt them and generally hurl abuse at them ? /lol

Congrats on getting it sorted mate :2thumbsup

d i c k i e s
29-10-2007, 01:53 AM
garage wanted some $$$ i reckon.