PDA

View Full Version : Got my car....

Wakaba
16-10-2007, 01:23 PM
So I just sucked things up and bought my VR4. It's a blast but needs a couple minor things. I will post pics and details later in the week.

I have a question about membership to this site. I don't want to sound like the cheap bastard I am but is there a reduced price plan available? While 20 quid gets you some helpful items... most are not (to me anyway) With membership you get the following;

1: Access to the "Members Only" forum.
2: Club VR4 Membership Card.
3: Club VR4 car stickers.
4: Club VR4 Key Ring.
5: Club discounts .
6: First choice to attend future events.
7: Pictures of your car in the Members Cars section.
8: Add to the World Only VR4 1/4 Mile Timeslip Database.
9: Access to the Video depository.
10: Access to How to: Guides and Articles.
11: Access to Resource Library.

now for my take on it all.

1: I would like access, and have no issues with helping pay for server fees.
2: Have no use for it
3: Have no use for them
4: Already have a key ring
5: Discounts are not needed as buying parts from sponsor suppliers would cost me more then buying locally.
6: As I live in Japan, I will never be able to attend any event, so it's a mute point.
7: I have my own server
8: Don't drag race, nor do I have any interest in doing so....ever.
9: See #2
10: I could use this.
11: I could also use this.

So... is there a chance for any help on this one?

MPBVr4
16-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Just lurk as a "registered user" then, if you don't want to use the splendid facilities on offer.

Wakaba
16-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Just lurk as a "registered user" then, if you don't want to use the splendid facilities on offer.

I want to use the reference library, and the how to section, but the rest of the stuff is useless to me.

Nutter_John
16-10-2007, 02:03 PM
£20 is less than the cost of a evening out or 4 packs of fags or half a tank of petrol

So even though you do not have a use for all parts , in the scheme of things is £20 going to break the bank

bradc
18-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Out of curiousity how much does petrol cost over there, and is 100 octane readily available?

Ohh and any news on that final drive for me?

snickells
18-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Being in a similar situation, as in not living in the UK or NZ I also have no ability to participate in the "local" events or purchase cheep goodies, but! The tech area is well worth the twenty squid and it will save you even more when you can do all those fiddly service's or fixes yourself.
Then again, that's just what I think...

Nutter_John
18-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Well said that man , have some rep for supporting my view point

orionn2o
18-10-2007, 02:36 PM
I agree with John, and to be honest the price is so small in comparison to running any Jap Car !!

Dexxx
18-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Does any1 know what the exchange rate of PESO (PHP) to QUID?? IS 20QUID IN EUROS? FRANCS?? Sorry...I'm not familliar with your currency guys. But like Mr. Wakaba, I too wouldn't probably avail all of your offers but some may be useful. I really wanna join but I'm not that rich...heck I'm still using dial-up. And I seldom use my PC as of late. Much as I want to. My other problem also is...the wife. She said I already spent so much (to think I only bought a 2nd hand car and I haven't really modified it yet!) , that we really should tighten our belts. But I really consider joining..I know I would benefit a lot from this site.

Nutter_John
18-10-2007, 04:25 PM
£20 is around $40 dollars , or around 30 euros or 178 peso's or 4760 yen

HMG1K
18-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Look at it this way - for £20 there is no book commercially available or otherwise with the wealth of knowledge and background information on Mitsubishi Galants! Plus it is constantly updated!

Bargain !!!

Dexxx
18-10-2007, 05:37 PM
TNX NUTTER_JOHN!!! Now to convince the wife....hehehe!

Wakaba
19-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Out of curiousity how much does petrol cost over there, and is 100 octane readily available?

Ohh and any news on that final drive for me?

We can get 93 and 104 octane at the pump. 93 is around 143en/L, and 104 157en/L.

Still working on the final drive for you, it's hard for a gaijin to pull info out of someone like them.

Ryan
19-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I'd happily pay NZ$ 1.79 for 104 octane. This might be a silly question but would there be any noticeable performance / economy gain from using high(er) octane petrol?

amsoil
19-10-2007, 06:58 PM
On the other foot I would so happily pay £20 if I could buy 104 octane at the pump!

bradc
19-10-2007, 08:46 PM
104! now that is cool :)

Wakaba
20-10-2007, 01:27 AM
I'd happily pay NZ$ 1.79 for 104 octane. This might be a silly question but would there be any noticeable performance / economy gain from using high(er) octane petrol?

I am doing the testing right now. Thus far it looks as though I get better economy with the 93, by about 2km/L. And the tank I ran the 104 in was mostly toll way driving, so at 120km/h for a few hours straight.

I am getting the Legnum ready for Shaken (inspection) so I haven't taken any pics yet. I would like to get my EDFC installed and functioning as well. I will get some detailed shots today when I have it on the lift patching the back box.

Wakaba
21-10-2007, 01:15 PM
so here it is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/corprin/IMG_0363_crop.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/corprin/IMG_0362_crop.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/corprin/IMG_0379_crop.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/corprin/IMG_0368_crop.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/corprin/IMG_0388_crop.jpg

Kieran
21-10-2007, 07:28 PM
DROOL!

So - Aftermarket backbox, Blitz SUSPower filter, grounding kit and your struts look like they might be aftermarket (gold tops)?? Or have they just been painted?. Either way, it looks nice!!

I notice your registration has been canceled and it's been de-sealed - I presume that's because you're shipping it abroad?

Nevman
21-10-2007, 07:52 PM
In terms of price. The items you gonna use are worth a far more than 20 quid. The other ones are just a free add-ons :happy:

BTW, nice car.

Nick Mann
21-10-2007, 08:57 PM
The suspension is Tein with EDFC. What is the problem with it? The units are obviously installed on the top of the front struts - the wires just clip in to the control unit and then all should be good!

Wakaba
21-10-2007, 09:43 PM
The car was a trade in at it's last inspection due date, so by law it was de-registered. After the Shaken is done, and new wheels and tyres are fitted I will have a bit more to kick around without pissing off my wife too much.

The suspension is Tein with EDFC. What is the problem with it? The units are obviously installed on the top of the front struts - the wires just clip in to the control unit and then all should be good!

The motors were the only thing mounted. The control box, and all wiring was bundled up in the passenger foot well. I just had to run the lines, repair one of the plugs that had some wire damage, and wire it to the car. It's installed now, and all lines are hidden under carpet and rear seat. Under the bonnet the wires run along the fire wall, and go through at the main loom grommet. I just need to find the proper settings for my daily driving and mountain runs :)

but first... inspection

ANTHONY
21-10-2007, 09:59 PM
In terms of price. The items you gonna use are worth a far more than 20 quid. The other ones are just a free add-ons :happy:

BTW, nice car.yes what he said and a nice looking car.i'll have to thing you dont need just send me the key riing and stickers/pan

bradc
21-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I never understood how Japanese number plates work, the only have 4 numbers! The Japanese characters obviously mean something, but they are so small that they surely wouldn't be picked up by speed cameras

Wakaba
22-10-2007, 10:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/License_plates_of_Japan

this will explain and I won't have to type it out. And the photo boxes can read them... trust me. This is why you see heavily modified cars with the plate angled beyond 47*, this makes the camera take a pic of the edge of the plate.

Dexxx
03-11-2007, 05:16 AM
NICE CAR!! ATTABOY! I wish i could see 'em personally...never seen one roaming in the Philippines. Not one! R u gonna bring that to the States?? U gonna convert it to Left Hand then??