PDA

View Full Version : tracking degrees ??

ianturbo
16-10-2007, 11:43 PM
any one know what they should be ?? been to two differant places on for tracking ,told me after only did fronts /pan other said 4 wheel track now o/s front is scrubbing and s/wheel isn't straight ,went back today to 4 wheel place tey track front wheels off back !!! thy can't put my s/wheel straight cause wheels are striaght , 5 degrees he said so its cost me £80 to bald two tyres /Grrr /Grrr
any one got the toe in toe out stuff , ?? before i go again (wednesday at 2 ish )
ian

MPBVr4
17-10-2007, 08:52 AM
I had similar last year after Mitsi fitted a new track rod end. Started scrubbing out the outside edges of new Eagle F1's in about 1500 miles. Steering wheel was also off centre which it wasn't before. Took it to a tyre place and got the tracking set up parallel (I think a few seconds of toe in) or as near as damn it. Have now done 10K including 3 track days and there is still some to go.

AderC
17-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Pop "tracking settings" into the search box - there's a couple of threads in there. Apparently settings for the VR-4 are the same as for a 2WD V6.

aDe

ianturbo
17-10-2007, 07:45 PM
got a tyre fitted to osf today no time for trackin ,football and all that , but if they are takin front wheels off back wheels , witch im sure nsr is toein in hence my tyre wear to newquey and back and they don't do rear ones (thats what he said yesturday )only front ,and if s/wheel is off they can't do that cause it will put your tracking out !!!!!! anyone know were they do proper 4 wheel tracking near me ,Blackburn/Accrington who can do it wright ???:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
ian

ianturbo
19-10-2007, 11:19 PM
all sorted , did it yself today :scholar: got some gauges off tyre chap and used his ramp too NSR was miles out , the light on the gauges was on the tyre tread instead of the gauge on the front wheel abit of serchin foun the adjuster on back end bolt with egg shaped washer on it , drives much better now i don'tget the (kick) when i hit pot holes , i think it must have been drivin like a crab ,hence s/wheel off centre and tyre wear on back :pimp2: , i''ll give it a few weeks and see if tyres or still legal /rally
ian