PDA

View Full Version : Mostly computer related stuff I want to sell

DefeXion
17-10-2007, 04:11 AM
Compaq Proliant 1850R- $40 - 2U rack mounted server. Needs one or two P2 proccessors some ram and at least one hdd. Might part with a hdd from another server if you want it. Parts for these are readily available on TM.

Compaq Proliant 1850R- $150 - Complete running 2U rack mounted server. dual 400mhz proccessors and 1gig of ram, 2x 4.8 gigs in raid and a 10gig for storage. I was using this for running a telephony PBX at home. Would be a great pbx for a flat. Last time I checked, they were going for about 200 on TM. Tell you what, an extra 10 bux and if the other 1850R hasn't sold, you can have it for parts or to build a second server.

CoolerMaster CM800 Stacker computer chassis - $70 - This is the original stacker that had a complete aluminium body, the second generation stackers were half plastic. Has a big mofo crossflow fan for the mobo and both a vented and windowed side panels. Will leave the Aerogate fan speed controller in there and throw in some purple neons if thou desires.

3.5inch removable hdd bay - $10 - not really fancy, it has a key and a little fan that i unplugged cause it was so damn annoyingly loud >.<

Compaq Proliant handbooks and software - $10 - Anyone want a copy of Windows NT 3.51 for reminisance purposes? Theres a copy in this pack baby :P, as well as a few novell unix distro and heaps of information about how to use them. I never got into it as much as I planned (when I picked up a copy of server 2003... woop).

Clickart CD's - $15 - Got primary school kids in the house. They might enjoy this huge collection of cliparts. 12 cd's worth of images if i remember right. Lot's of vectors and stuff for the flash animators and webdesigners.

I got some other stuff but most of it's junk that I will 1 buck reserve on trademe to get rid of. PM me if you're interested and I'm willing to negotiate price since all this stuff just takes up space now.

d i c k i e s
17-10-2007, 10:15 AM
whats the ram SDRAM? DDR?

DefeXion
17-10-2007, 09:44 PM
The proliant has SDRAM. It is too old for DDR. I believe it is ECC ram though which is a bit of a bonus, but will have to check on that.

Fully
18-10-2007, 05:37 AM
Is that like a complete rack server computer?

Cause I want to run another game server but the isp that im with will only now run rack systems, will that do the job for me?

DefeXion
18-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Yeah, it's a complete rack, but I don't think it's what you are after. depends on what game you are running really. Maybe cs 1.5 or something, but any new would be too hardware intensive.

It's Dual Pentium 2 - 400mhz each
1 gig ram
scsi hdd's

Fully
19-10-2007, 04:11 AM
Yes i would be keen on getting it
Its to run an old school game on a modded q2 engine.
I think it would do the job nicely :)
How much to send down to chch?

DefeXion
19-10-2007, 11:00 AM
ooo gosh... not cheap bro. these things are heavy. It cost me 25 dollars to get it sent to me across auckland. You're probably looking at 50 or 60 to chch. I sent a bumper lip down there recently and that was 60 dollars because of size. this would get expensive because of weight.

I canget a quote if you are keen enough. Send me a PM with your details (email,phone,mobile...) and I can give you a call or something.

KiwiTT
20-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Those servers were $10,000+ in their day. Sad really.