PDA

View Full Version : Stock blowoff valve

wnwnwnw
17-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I just make the stock blowoff valve screeming by removing the hose which forcing the air back to the intake.

The problem is I face some problems.
1-the car is turned off by it self when I slow down.
2-The boost is not stable (The boost gauge show funny moves).

What if use after market blowoff valve (HKS) will I face the same problem?
(Note: I am still using stock air filter)

Gly
17-10-2007, 07:38 PM
the factory blow off valve leaks and is no good for a vta setup,

is should be fine with a good aftermarket once setup correctly.

Kieran
17-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Did you block off the hose that should return air to the intake? If you just removed it, then there's your problem!

Also, the standard blow off valve opens very soon and as they get worn it can leak at idle - not a problem when it's plumbed back, but what you've done won't work very well.

A good, reliable valve (like the HKS you mention) will have all the fittings to blank off the original recirculation hole in the intake and it seals correctly at all times unless it's blowing off.

For now, I would strongly recommend returning the system to standard and then purchasing a dedicated vent to air blowoff valve if you want that sort of thing.:scholar:

wnwnwnw
17-10-2007, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=Kieran]Did you block off the hose that should return air to the intake? If you just removed it, then there's your problem!

Yes I did..

stuartturbo
17-10-2007, 09:02 PM
this i normal ish for a some VTA

after run lifting off loud peddle then to idle will some times stall a usual problem

Kenneth
17-10-2007, 10:54 PM
The standard BOV has a very loose spring, this is because as a recirculating valve, it doesn't matter if the BOV opens when the car is idling.

This is why it isn't suitable for VTA use.

d i c k i e s
17-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Solution 1: Plug the hose back up.
Solution 2: Get an aftermarket BOV

jpnvr4
20-10-2007, 09:22 PM
I did the same thing, but I also turned my revs up so it kinda idles closer 2 1000rpm ... even thou it get very close 2 stalling it never does