PDA

View Full Version : thinking VR4

pitslayer
18-10-2007, 02:52 PM
thinking about getting rid of my V6, my toledo and my mk1 GTi. and buying aVR4, i can get insurance on one now for 1200 quid(im 19 btw)
but to be fair i dont really know what im going to be looking for. spec list for one
preferably manual but we know how hard they are to come by
pre facelift, or early face lift
fsh with good mileage
not trigger mauve, this is a big point lol /pan
whats the difference between all the types
id like the AYC
must be 8 gen, not bothered really on year, i prefer the pre facelifts but not to bothered really

and forgot, preferably saloon, not a fan of estate cars, or the styling on the rear of the legnum

Kieran
18-10-2007, 06:04 PM
The answers to 'what spec has what' and such are all over the forums - I'll leave you to search for that, it's not hard to find what you're after.:scholar:

BUT.... And this is a big but....

Given some of the comments about your V6, and some of the 'fun' you've had, I would think very carefully about what you want from a VR-4 and if you really do want one - having been there myself over both a 7G VR-4 and also an ultra rare Galant VR-M, it was more 'grass is greener' at the time than actually wanting one that bad. And in terms of trouble, you could be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

£1200 for insurance, £4/5k for a reasonable one, plus servicing (every 4500 miles) and above all else, truly horrific MPG - And because of age, previous thrashing, etc. etc, a potential money pit.... Is that what you want?

That sounds really patronising, I know - But I only say it because several other members on here once said it to me when I first really "Wanted" one.... And it was thanks to those that I hung on untill the right VR-4 came up at the right price and at the right time too.:iloveyou:

...And then we still ended up buying a diesel golf and leaving the Legnum for weekends because it's so damn expensive to keep in the manner to which it deserves!! :oops: /pan

pitslayer
19-10-2007, 02:24 AM
i aint rushing in to buying one, going to take my time, save up some cash. figure out how much cash i have, then figure out the big question "can i really afford this" and go from there. going to buy a good one, preferably CVR4 owned aswell.