PDA

View Full Version : Can Every One Please Read

richy rich
20-10-2007, 11:23 AM
OK IWBeadle has found a website that can translate the jap vr4 workshop manuals in to English, for them to do this they need to have the interest first,. they need 150 people to request the manual before they will proceed translating.

Will everybody please follow the link below and request the manual.
http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=23/SUBID=240/ID=650/SID=63076686/productdetails.html

Ill put up some pics off example pages in a bit.

Also can a mod change this to a sticky.

uploaded/1492/1192876645.jpg
Back turbo

uploaded/1492/1192877071.jpg
Front turbo

bradc
20-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Done it! :)

richy rich
20-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Thank you

The Vee
20-10-2007, 11:35 AM
OK just stuck it and now to click the request button

bradc
20-10-2007, 11:38 AM
I wonder how high we will be able to get it? :)

The Vee
20-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Should get enough I hope. seems to cover non vr4 as well.

richy rich
20-10-2007, 11:40 AM

richy rich
20-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Should get enough I hope. seems to cover non vr4 as well.
Yes buy the looks of things it does.

Kieran
20-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Good idea making it sticky! :thumbsup:

ianturbo
20-10-2007, 11:53 AM
done !

richy rich
20-10-2007, 12:21 PM
AYC
uploaded/1492/1192879202.jpg

zentac
20-10-2007, 01:38 PM
do you have the whole manual in japanese?

IWBeadle
20-10-2007, 01:53 PM
do you have the whole manual in japanese?

Yes.
Go to http://www2.bigupload.com/download_frame.php?id_file=5IU4CZFQ4K

ANTHONY
20-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Iva done it

IWBeadle
20-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Yes.

This claims to be a source for the Manual in English. It is copied from the Australian VR4 Club forum.
Hav--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah no prob mate, this is where I got mine. I hadn't thought about doing it that way. If it is any good I can send you a copy to post so we can all benifit. Only cost me $17 and the guy has more

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&ih=008

Cheers,
Jasone you guys seen this:

Ian

bradc
20-10-2007, 09:51 PM
http://www.mmc.org.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?p=405621#405621

spread the love - who else is a member on other sites? post the link up :D

stuartturbo
21-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Done it!

Wouter
21-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Done it!

Kieran
21-10-2007, 12:16 PM
59 requests so far! Keep 'em coming!!:afro:

Louis
21-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Done.
Nice find well done!

Paul Beazer
22-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Done (even tho i dont have a VR4!)

Up to 69 now! Nearly halfway!

White Lightning
22-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Already done it. Up to 70 now ... :pimp2:

6a13
22-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Done it!

pitslayer
23-10-2007, 12:51 PM
i got an email through of them, and it explained what is needed
Hello from JPNZ International

We are taking requests for the Galant / Legnum workshop manual. This manual will be a full factory workshop manual with illustrations. Please see at link below:

http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=23/SUBID=240/ID=650/SID=63076686/productdetails.html

If you have already confirmed your request, thank you.

We expect to cover all of the below in the manual:

GENERAL INFORMATION, ENGINE MECHANICAL, TURBO,ENGINE LUBRICATION & COOLING SYSTEMS, FUEL & EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS, ENGINE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT, CLUTCH, FRONT & REAR AXLE, MANUAL / AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, STEERING WHEEL, PROPELLER SHAFT, BRAKE, WHEELS & TYRES, SUSPENSION, INTERIOR EQUIPMENT AND MUCH MORE…….

We mainly have call to cover the 6A13TT engine at the moment but will add any other engines if there are any requests for them, any engines with no requests we will not add into the manual. The manual will be somewhere between 400 to 500 pages once complete.

Process to complete this manual.

1. We require 150 + requests to consider translating and publishing a manual.
2. We order the full Japanese manual from Japan.
3. We then require a NZ $30 deposit from all interested people.
4. Translation will commence and take between 8 to 12 weeks.
5. Full amount to be paid by all and we will ship the manual to be delivered in 5 to 10 working days.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Michael McCarthy (Director)

JPNZ International Ltd.

29 Portage Rd, New Lynn,

Auckland, New Zealand.

Postal: P.O. Box 20-002 Glen Eden,

Auckland, New Zealand.

Phone: +64 9 825 0773

Fax: +64 9 825 0774

Mobile: +64 21 829 531

email: michael@jpnz.co.nz

www.jpnz.co.nz

For repair manual info for your vehicle please go to: www.repairmanual.co.nz

so its going to cost a tenner for it to be done

wnwnwnw
23-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Done

Kieran
23-10-2007, 01:47 PM
74 requests! Halfway there!!:afro:

VR4 MAD
24-10-2007, 12:29 AM
..............Process to complete this manual.

1. We require 150 + requests to consider translating and publishing a manual.
2. We order the full Japanese manual from Japan.
3. We then require a NZ $30 deposit from all interested people.
4. Translation will commence and take between 8 to 12 weeks.
5. Full amount to be paid by all and we will ship the manual to be delivered in 5 to 10 working days..............

I too got that e-mail........

Note steps 3 and 5 of their outline of the process..... :speechles

They have the word "ALL" in relation to payments which could mean that translation won't start till ALL 150 interested people have paid their $30 deposit........./Grrr

Also, possibly no translated manuals will be dispatched till ALL 150 people have paid in full. /pan

Not sure about that interpretation of step 5 but pretty about 3 though. Would make good commercial sense otherwise they spend money with no money coming in. Never good practice.

That's just my way of interpreting that e-mail.

What do others think???

/toycar

zentac
24-10-2007, 07:16 AM
Yes.

hmm cant seem to download it any one else got it hosted anywhere?

Nutter_John
24-10-2007, 09:28 AM
yep it's hosted on my PC at home :p

Want a copy ?

zentac
24-10-2007, 09:36 AM
yep it's hosted on my PC at home :p

Want a copy ?

yes please...

unclepete
24-10-2007, 10:14 PM
This might sound stupid and perhaps even me being a salesman but I used to run a translation company so I still have the contacts, who might be able to do this translation. No promises at all, but if you have the Jap version, I might be able to see what my main Jap translator of old can do and for how much.

For cost by the way - I don't have the company any more so would not be wanting to make a profit.

Just an idea, maybe I'm poking my nose in where it doesn't belong.

richy rich
24-10-2007, 11:11 PM
unclepete That sounds good to me.

venomboy
25-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Yep, Signed up.
VB

d i c k i e s
25-10-2007, 07:37 AM
yes please...

same here, code keeps looping.. typed it in so many times. (yes with gaps between them).

peter thomson
06-11-2007, 04:37 PM
We're still about 50 names short. I would have thought this would only take a few days to have enough people signed up between our club and OZ so a reminder to those that haven't

jayjay99
06-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Up to 99

Louis
06-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Just a though here, any comments welcome.

We have just about 100 interested at the moment, and personaly this is something I have been looking for since day 1, "where can I get a manual for a VR4?",

I think if we had manuals in the for sale section for members, it would be an incentive for people to join the club as paid up members.

I guestimate the UK pounds cost at £37.00,

We have 100 sold straight away, what if the club buy the other 50, and then offer them for sale in the sale section for new members to buy, at £45 each ( or £40 ) .
Everybody of the 100 interested gets one, and there are 50 left to sell, at potentialy a small profit!.

it would mean £1850 from club funds? initialy???
But it is something that would sell on the site.

What do you reckon?

Beastlee
06-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I was 101 ;)

Can someone please provide me with the Jap version, the link doesn't seem to let you download as a file.

noelweston
07-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Done - #104

Davezj
07-11-2007, 02:08 PM
http://www2.bigupload.com/download_frame.php?id_file=5IU4CZFQ4K

I have just downloaded the jap manual from the above site works fine.

just wait till the time runs out and enter the code that come up.

I only downloaded it to see if it is the same as the manual i have already got. which i have offered in the past to anyone who wanted it. and sent it out on emails to people (4 mails 5Mb at a time).

Davezj
07-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Tep looks like the one i already have.

Louis
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Bump!!!

richy rich
12-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Tep looks like the one i already have.
Do you have a Manual with turbos and ayc in it, if so upload it so we all can have it.

miller
15-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Signed up, now at 115 signee's

Mike

william
15-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Signed up.

SiliconAngel
15-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Do you have a Manual with turbos and ayc in it, if so upload it so we all can have it.Richy, Dave is talking about the Japanese version. The one I have uploaded to Bigupload (links earlier in this thread) was acquired through Kieran, so yes its the same one that's been floating about these forums already. I just stuck it on the web to save people emailing it around.

I did the same thing with CAPS too ;)

As I mentioned here (http://clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27952), if numbers on this thing don't shoot through the roof and you REALLY want this (as I do) it might be a good idea to order (and PAY FOR, obviously) a second copy. No, we might not all NEED two copies, but you can always sell it to another member on here down the track, and hell even if you don't I consider the price of TWO of these well worth it to get an English workshop manual.

32!!

Munta
15-11-2007, 03:17 AM
i signed up

SiliconAngel
15-11-2007, 03:24 PM
29!! Keep 'em coming guys! Or hey, why not buy two? I'm sure you have a loved one that would appreciate one for xmas! ;)

kc427
16-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks a lot.

I already downloaded it, but does anyone have the supplement version for the facelifted version?

Fully
16-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I have signed up :D

Cezco
17-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Just signed up. Number 141. Only 9 to go people!!!

SiliconAngel
18-11-2007, 07:46 AM
8!!! Woot!! :D

VR4Manna
18-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Just signed up - was 144. Only 6 to go!!!

SiliconAngel
18-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Make that 5!! But we'll probably need quite a few more than that once we hit 150 if people have been requesting manuals they have no intention of paying for, so keep it up guys!

rees
18-11-2007, 05:22 PM
done :)

SiliconAngel
19-11-2007, 09:00 AM
1!!!

:D :D :D

*steam pours out ears*

*SA's head explodes*

SiliconAngel
19-11-2007, 10:07 AM
One-freaken-hundred and Feeeefffteeee!!! :D :D :D

Now we just gotta pony up with the cash... And hope there weren't too many people who didn't read the fine-print and clicked without any intention of paying *grumbles*

So if you're reading this and you don't have a copy ordered yet, there's absolutely no reason NOT to sign up for one - we're going to need as many people ordering these as we can, and the sooner you order the sooner you'll have one in your hot little sweaty hands! ;)

SiliconAngel
20-11-2007, 07:20 AM
I've been in contact with Michael McCarthy, the director of JPNZ, asking him about what happens from here. Here's his reply:

Hello Trevor

First we get everyone to confirm they still want the manual, once we have the second confirmation we will then ask for deposits, the main reason for this is because we don’t want only a few deposits then having to make people wait or having to do refunds because of not enough people wanting to pay, unfortunately tyre kickers in all industry’s. We are currently deciding on how the manual will be made up (What sections) we will also add this to the next contact to everybody.

If you have an idea of what your group wants or any ideas from yourself would be appreciated. This manual is the manual from the original Japanese Mitsubishi factory manual and will be very comprehensive.

Regards

Michael McCarthy (Director)So if anyone has suggestions for what we'd like included in addition / variation from what is in the original Japanese manual, please feel free to post it here and I'll include it in my reply tomorrow.

Also feel free to head on over to OzVR4 (http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14397#post14397) to keep up with the discussion over there :)

bradc
20-11-2007, 07:29 AM
the main thing really is things like the engine, transmission, ayc and other core mechanical components as well as wiring.

We don't need to know how to pull apart the interior or something, we can all figure that out!

Beastlee
20-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Brad, that is mostly true, however, surely the manual should be as comprehensive as possible. Man of us wouldn't have too much trouble but missing out a whole part may mean a critical piece of information is missed.

I personally prioritise all of the areas relating to service items so we can do it ourselves. If there is anything to do with wiring on the VR-4 I'd be interested in that too.

richy rich
20-11-2007, 09:09 AM
I would like every thing in 1 nice neat book.:afro:

There are not many things i will need from this manual but if I'm going to pay $50 for it i don't want bits and peaces.:scholar:

Also it would be good if you/I sold your/my car, this manual could be a good selling point.:evilgrin:

Little Miss Road Rage
20-11-2007, 09:40 AM
I would like everything too. I've signed up and it was at 152

Kieran
21-11-2007, 12:47 AM
I was discussing these manuals with the Committee and we've agreed to approach the translators with an offer that in the event of people dropping out and jepoardising the whole project, we may be able to offer a cash contribution from our club funds to cover the defecit, provided that it's not too large - obviously there's a limit to the amount of cash we can use from the Club Kitty for this purpose.:scholar:

I'll keep you posted on their response.

The Vee
21-11-2007, 12:53 AM
I'd also agree with others in that if they have the full factory manual then that's what I'd like, unless they're talking additional to that of course.

VR4 MAD
21-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Well I for one, signed up for this on the understanding it was to be a full translation of the entire and complete official Mitsubishi workshop manual for our VR4's, and nothing less.

I stand by that.

I don't want just selected sections or chapters.

Also, I would hope they use the latest and greatest version of the Japanese manuals which must include all relevant information on the facelift models that came after late 1998 through to the end of the VR4 production in late 2001. Not sure of the end date but somewhere around then anyway.

SiliconAngel, when you contact JPNZ again, could you please stress to them the above points otherwise you may fine quite a few will pull out, me included.

Cheers and keep up the good work on this. /rally

/toycar

SiliconAngel
21-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Woah guys, I'm not sure where you got the idea that this WOULDN'T be the full and complete workshop manual, but you can stop stressing.

As I stated earlier, direct from the MD of JPNZ, and I quote:

This manual is the manual from the original Japanese Mitsubishi factory manual and will be very comprehensive.
What Michael was asking about was if anyone has suggestions for anything ADDITIONAL they would like. For example additional models (most workshop manuals include information for a number of similar engine models) or formatting requirements etc.

So don't stress, all the information we all desire and require WILL be included :)

Kieran, your (ClubVR4's) offer is VERY generous and appreciated!!! Something tells me we're gonna owe you BIG TIME!! Thanks so much :D Looks like your membership money is being put to VERY good use guys!

As for requested changes, while I don't think its really fair to ask them to put website logos on the manuals, I think it MIGHT be appropriate to see if they wouldn't mind including the URLs to both ClubVR4 and OzVR4 on the front cover, as both of these are extremely useful and helpful places to go for these cars.

I've also asked if its possible for them to get hold of a complete wiring diagram / manual as an addendum to the Workshop Manual.

Will let you know what they have to say :)

Beastlee
21-11-2007, 11:29 AM
We are currently deciding on how the manual will be made up (What sections)

SA I think the above quote is what got us twitching. That definitely reads as a selective number of chapters.

Kieran
21-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Kieran, your (ClubVR4's) offer is VERY generous and appreciated!!! Something tells me we're gonna owe you BIG TIME!! Thanks so much :D Looks like your membership money is being put to VERY good use guys!

I've also asked if its possible for them to get hold of a complete wiring diagram / manual as an addendum to the Workshop Manual.

Will let you know what they have to say :)

No problem Trevor - Just to re-iterate though, the Club is in a position to help (if needed), but there is a limit to the club funds we can throw at such a project. It is important to us, but obviously we can't bankrupt the club over it - So I hope that everyone who has registered interest is being serious.:scholar:

Wiring diagrams would be simply stunning.

Also - I have here the rebuild guide for the W5A51 automatic transmission (hard copy only). An english version of this would be good too - Most transmission rebuilders in the UK run away screaming from a VR-4 gearbox!!

SiliconAngel
21-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Beastlee, yea he's talking about what ENGINES to include, as the original manual contains 3 or 4, but there's really only been interest in the 6A13TT. This will probably help clear it up a bit:

Here's the email I sent to Michael, for reference:

Hi Michael,

As I’m sure you’re aware by now, the people who run ClubVR4.com in the UK have offered to make up any shortfall from people who aren’t committed to holding up their expressions of interest, as long as its not too expensive, so hopefully that should help to get all this moving along much quicker :-)

As for ideas for what people want, obviously the complete Workshop Manual as a basis. In addition, its been suggested that a complete and comprehensive wiring diagram / manual be added, if you can get hold of one. There might be differences for Series 1 & 2 and possibly for various combinations of options (Type S, Type V etc). But if you could that would be a fantastic addition, as typically workshop manuals seem to leave out comprehensive wiring schematics.

Finally I have a request, although its completely up to you if you think this would be beneficial or not – I think it could assist greatly for anyone who has one of these manuals and DOESN’T know about the two online forums for these cars to have the URLs printed on the front cover (or wherever appropriate) for easy reference. Both ClubVR4 and OzVR4 are full of useful information about these cars and helpful, knowledgeable people.

The URLs are: www.clubvr4.com and www.ozvr4.com

Thanks Michael, if there’s anything I can do to help further, please let me know :-)

Cheers,

TrevorAnd here's his reply:

Hello Trevor

Thank you, I wasn’t aware the club would make up the difference. This is good to hear. I am about to push the button to get confirmation from all listed, I will let you know how many confirm.

Also I am more than happy to acknowledge both clubs as they have been a great support in this process. We had done an email to all our past customers who have purchased owner’s manuals from us so the club details would be beneficial to anyone who doesn’t know about them. I think we will dedicate the inside of the front cover to the clubs if you are able to organise some material such as logo’s and graphics.

We can do the electrical schematics if we are able to get the Japanese manual. We would have to do this as a separate manual at an extra cost however. Once the workshop manual is complete we will take numbers.

Also most requests are for the 6A13TT with only 2 or 3 people wanting the 1.8. We feel there is no point in translating the other engine manuals, what do you think?

Regards

Michael McCarthy (Director)Personally I couldn't care less about the other engines, but what does everyone else think? Obviously if they focus on the 6A13TT then it will make it all happen that much quicker.

I guess they will include as much wiring / electrical as the existing manual contains, but essentially what I'm asking for is something additional, so I guess what he said about that is fair enough. I think we should just wait and see both A) what this manual contains and B) If he CAN find any further info on the electrical system before we start getting all excited (and side-tracked) about it.

It also appears he hasn't seen the email from Kieran yet - You've got a PM dude ;)

Oh and if you want me to ask about about the transmission rebuild guide, feel free to forward it to me and I'll ask him about it :)

Finally, if you guys have a vector graphic of your club logo you'd like me to pass along, let me know, or email it to him directly if you'd prefer and I'll tell him to look out for it :)

Kieran
21-11-2007, 12:25 PM
It also appears he hasn't seen the email from Kieran yet - You've got a PM dude ;)

See post above if you've not already!:scholar: :afro:

orionn2o
21-11-2007, 02:54 PM
So when do we have to cough up??

Little Miss Road Rage
21-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I got a confirmation email today for this

Beastlee
21-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Haven't seen anything myself.

peter thomson
21-11-2007, 09:11 PM
My confirmation just arrived as well

richy rich
21-11-2007, 10:05 PM
My confirmation Email has arrived and Ive replied

ianturbo
21-11-2007, 10:06 PM
i just got my conformation too !!
ian

d i c k i e s
21-11-2007, 10:28 PM
yup same here should get something like this?

Hi,

We now have a sufficient number of requests to translate the 1996~2002 Mitsubishi GALANT / LEGNUM Code: WM214 workshop/repair manual. Kindly confirm that you still want this manual by clicking on the link below. Once you have confirmed and we still have enough numbers we will e mail again in regards to a NZ $30 deposit to confirm your order so we can carry out translation. Please don't confirm unless you will make the deposit as this will stop the process and not be fair to other people who have made a request.

Once we ave recieved all deposits translation will take 2 to 3 months.
Sections expected to feature in this manual are as follows:
General information and maintenance, engine, engine lubrication & cooling systems, fuel & emission con?trol systems, engine electrical equipment, clutch, front & rear axle, manual / automatic transmission, steering, propeller shaft, brake, wheels & tyres, suspension, interior equipment, trouble shooting and diagnosis.

At the moment this is on HOLD for me. Ive got other important things needing attention.

psbarham
21-11-2007, 10:45 PM
so after reading this , the manual will only have details for the 6A13TT? if thats the case then whats the point? i'm sure the V6 and gls owners need a manual as well then theres the gdi brigade, if its not going to cover all models then count me out

bradc
21-11-2007, 11:01 PM
time for an upgrade then? :P

Probably worth finding this out, I'm not sure if any of us know the answer to that for sure.

ianturbo
21-11-2007, 11:12 PM
how Much is 50 nz $ then
ian

Nick Mann
21-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Errr.... Not meaning to sound stupid, but for UK models, what is the difference between this and the workshop manuals already in the library? Isn't the whole point to get info on the non-UK versions where manuals don't exist?

Nick Mann
21-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Oh - and Ian - the total anticipated cost is listed as just under NZ$100. This is less than £40. So the $30 deposit works out at about a tenner.

ianturbo
21-11-2007, 11:29 PM
£40 is not bad for a book they don't do !!!!
ian

Nick Mann
21-11-2007, 11:45 PM
£40 each (Over estimate) 150 books, is less than six grand. For three months work. Find someone to do it cheaper?

Or did I miss the joke?

ianturbo
22-11-2007, 12:18 AM
you missed the joke , if you can't get one and someone is going to tranlate one then £40 is worth it :afro:
unless you can read Japanese that is :thinking: :thinking:
ian

SiliconAngel
22-11-2007, 06:02 AM
so after reading this , the manual will only have details for the 6A13TT? if thats the case then whats the point? i'm sure the V6 and gls owners need a manual as well then theres the gdi brigade, if its not going to cover all models then count me out

Probably worth finding this out, I'm not sure if any of us know the answer to that for sure.Actually I addressed this in my previous post. I thought it was pretty clear from Michael's email. And I quote:

Also most requests are for the 6A13TT with only 2 or 3 people wanting the 1.8. We feel there is no point in translating the other engine manuals, what do you think?psbarham the POINT is this forum (and OzVR4) are fairly dedicated to the VR4, which includes the 6A13TT engine. There are other manuals covering a lot of the other engines, but not the twin-turbo in the VR4. The point is I (and a number of other people) want the manual that deals SPECIFICALLY with our cars.

It so happens that the original Japanese version of this manual also includes details for other engines also. However the VAST majority of people have ONLY asked for the 6A13TT manual, not the ones for the other engines. So Michael's company is looking at the numbers, realising it will be about 60% more work to include each additional engine, and has ASKED if there is a large call for this to be included. Personally I agree with his business assessment - its a whole lot more work for not a great deal of point.

Now so far I've heard a whole ONE PERSON suggest they would like more engines included (and not in a particularly positive or constructive fashion). I'll let Michael know, but unless a whole lot of people say they want it as well then I don't like your chances. Personally I'm happy for them to concentrate on the 6A13TT exclusively - it will get done twice as fast. I dunno about the rest of you but I'm not too bothered if some engines I never need to know about get left out if it gets this thing done that much faster...

At the moment this is on HOLD for me. Ive got other important things needing attention.What are you JOKING? You can't afford 10 quid? When you expressed your interest on their website it clearly states that by doing so you acknowledge that you will need to pay a deposit once it goes ahead. By NOT paying your deposit, you could hold the whole thing up for the rest of us.

Now if you honestly can't afford the 30ish quid extra once its READY, then that's no skin off anyone else's nose - that won't hold anyone else up, it just means you won't get your manual until you pay for it.

£40 each (Over estimate) 150 books, is less than six grand. For three months work. Find someone to do it cheaper?

Or did I miss the joke?I agree Nick! I spent MONTHS trying to work out if I could get the original Japanese manual translated. I got quotes up to USD$160,000. No, that's not a typo, its not an exageration and its not a joke. The CHEAPEST quote I got was for USD$24,000ish. There are hundreds of thousands of words in this manual, and translation services work at a price per word (or character) translated.

So if you can find someone who will do it cheaper and who is ready to get started on it TODAY, I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure we'll all be interested to hear about it. However JPNZ are ready to go, its not going to be very expensive and they have extensive experience translating and formatting technical manuals (so unlike most standard translation services, as well as being in English it will be laid out properly and make SENSE).

And in terms of price I don't know about you but I've paid HUNDREDS of dollars for workshop manuals for cars in the past. Hell the manual for my Magna was AUS$160 and that's a COMMON car!

In short, this place is a freaken GODSEND. In a decade since release these cars have NEVER had an English workshop manual available. Now we finally find a place ready, willing and able to make one for us for a SMALL fee and you want to quibble about price?

And you know what? Its not even about the price of the thing - if you've expressed your interest and you turn around now and don't want to pay your deposit you're holding this up for everyone else on here who REALLY wants this. For around £10. Nice work.

SiliconAngel
22-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Errr.... Not meaning to sound stupid, but for UK models, what is the difference between this and the workshop manuals already in the library? Isn't the whole point to get info on the non-UK versions where manuals don't exist?Sorry missed this question - Nick there currently IS NO English manual for the 6A13TT engine in the VR4. The one you have hosted here doesn't include the 6A13TT at all, just the 6A13 naturally aspirated SOHC. It also doesn't include anything about the AYC system or a number of other things specific to the VR4. While the manual we already have is SIMILAR in some respects, you have to do a lot of guess-work a lot of the time to work out what you're doing on the VR4.

bradc
22-11-2007, 06:22 AM
I would say that it is worth asking them to do one for the 6a13 non-turbo too, because there are a lot of members with that engine, and as long as one non turbo model is translated, lots of the other parts for the other 4 cylinder models will be similar (well more similar than for the vr-4)

SiliconAngel
22-11-2007, 08:14 AM
I thought there already WAS one for that, Brad? Hmm I'll check through what I have when I get home tonight.

22-11-2007, 12:37 PM
:pimp2: Got e-mail and confirmed order.

SiliconAngel
22-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I would say that it is worth asking them to do one for the 6a13 non-turbo too, because there are a lot of members with that engine, and as long as one non turbo model is translated, lots of the other parts for the other 4 cylinder models will be similar (well more similar than for the vr-4)Brad I just checked the original English manual I have that was downloaded from OzVR4, which is apparently the same one that's on here and it DEFINITELY includes the 6A13 non-turbo... So it appears that you guys have had this covered for ages anyway? And I just spent some time going through the Japanese manual that I have and it appears that only covers the 6A12 SOHC 2WD and 6A13 DOHC 4WD...

Guys from some of the things I've been hearing from members on both forums and from my discussions with Michael, it seems there may have been a couple of errors with their system when sending out confirmation requests. If you DON'T get an email asking you for confirmation within the next couple of days can you please let me know, either on here or via PM? Thanks :)

Nick Mann
22-11-2007, 02:27 PM
SiliconAngel - My post number 81 was aimed at people without the 6A13TT. I appreciated that we have no manual for the 8g VR4, but we have extensive information on the rest. So my question was why would people with non-VR4's and access to the info we already have want another translation?

I obviously do want a translation - I don't have a workshop manual for my car!

SiliconAngel
22-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Haha ok fair enough - we're on the same page, then ;)

bradc
22-11-2007, 07:54 PM
ok cool, forgotten about those other bits we have :)

psbarham
22-11-2007, 09:32 PM
time for an upgrade then? :P

what for? i don't feel the need to compensate for anything :p

Little Miss Road Rage
25-11-2007, 09:54 AM
I've confirmed

d i c k i e s
25-11-2007, 10:49 PM
What are you JOKING? You can't afford 10 quid? When you expressed your interest on their website it clearly states that by doing so you acknowledge that you will need to pay a deposit once it goes ahead. By NOT paying your deposit, you could hold the whole thing up for the rest of us.

Now if you honestly can't afford the 30ish quid extra once its READY, then that's no skin off anyone else's nose - that won't hold anyone else up, it just means you won't get your manual until you pay for it.

Yup at the time i was interested. (which was awhile ago now) Now ive put it on hold. Ive got other things to think of at the moment that is more important than a manual. If i dont get one i dont get one. I dont see it being done anytime soon.

Munta
02-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Yup at the time i was interested. (which was awhile ago now) Now ive put it on hold. Ive got other things to think of at the moment that is more important than a manual. If i dont get one i dont get one. I dont see it being done anytime soon.

Its from people like you that this manual wont get done anytime soon... if u made the 1st Request then follow thru with it!!

ive confirmed 2day... lil late yes but i dont have net at home.

miller
03-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Just confirmed this afternoon. Bring it on!

Mike

maydave
06-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Whilst waiting for english manual. Does anyone know how to adjust the headlight beam. 1996 VR4 SALOON. TIPTRONIC.My offside ( drivers side ) is to low.
cheers in advance.
dave.

Kieran
06-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Whilst waiting for english manual. Does anyone know how to adjust the headlight beam. 1996 VR4 SALOON. TIPTRONIC.My offside ( drivers side ) is to low.
cheers in advance.
dave.

Have a search around the forums - the location of the adjuster bolts is covered off elsewhere.:scholar:

ianturbo
19-12-2007, 12:04 AM
is there any news on when this will be avalible ???
ian

steve the pirate
30-12-2007, 02:47 PM
just done it too. :happy:

VR4Manna
14-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Any news yet?

peter thomson
14-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Until 150 return there confirmation email the manual will not be translated. One of the OZ guys is awaiting a reply to find out how many have confirmed.

Louis
14-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Any way of finding out how many have returned their confirmation?, as I thought everyone who had asked for a manual had confirmed?, any news?

venomboy
16-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Yeah, any news any news? huh? is there huh huh? I've run out of Beano annuals to resd on the toilet.
VB

peter thomson
16-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Still waiting for a reply to how many have confirmed.

SiliconAngel
16-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi Guys,

Michael sent an email out today to the 97 people who are yet to confirm. So far 85 have confirmed their interest and intent to pay their deposit. As we need 150, this is pretty abysmal...

Anyone who has NOT received an email requesting confirmation, please PM either myself or Kieran about this.

Anyone who has received one of these emails and has not confirmed, please do so. If you don't actually want it anymore or can't afford it for some reason, please post here so we can at least work out what has happened to these nearly 100 other people...

Thanks!

djb160
22-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Yeah I can't afford now, had some spare cash to spend but that got sent the way of doctors bills

andy p
22-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I've just registered interest on the site only just seen thread, what do you need from me next (anyone)?

peter thomson
22-01-2008, 09:41 PM
You should receive an email to confirm you want the manual. We're waiting for about another 60 people to confirm they still want it.

elnevio
22-01-2008, 10:20 PM
I've registered - will await the confirmation request email and then confirm deposit.

Will need to start sending round the boys with boards with nails in soon, to hurry up the ones who need to confirm...

elnevio
23-01-2008, 07:07 AM
I've confirmed now. This will surely be the best £40 you can spend for a VR4, even if you don't do work to the car yourself, as your garage can use the manual instead! Although you might have to wrap it in polythene first ;)

orionn2o
24-01-2008, 12:55 PM
To anyone who can't afford the 40 quid... seriously how the hell do you run a VR4??

Nice But
24-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Is it £40 all in? or + delivery?

elnevio
24-01-2008, 01:28 PM
To anyone who can't afford the 40 quid... seriously how the hell do you run a VR4??
Maybe that's why they can't afford the £40 /lol

Seriously though, dead right - you don't run a VR-4 if you need to be scrimping for pennies. I haven't got mine yet, but I'm prepared to spend much more than I have on my V6, due to the fancy kit on the VR-4, and the fact I want it to last flamin' ages.

Is it £40 all in? or + delivery?
I think it's exc delivery. But maybe if when it's all completed, they bulk deliver to the ClubVR4s in UK, NZ & Oz, who could then distribute in their respective territories? Cost dependent of course!

Nevman
24-01-2008, 01:42 PM
I haven't registered yet but if I decide to keep the car I'll get one.
It won't be earlier then late Feb.

Nice But
24-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I think it's exc delivery. But maybe if when it's all completed, they bulk deliver to the ClubVR4s in UK, NZ & Oz, who could then distribute in their respective territories? Cost dependent of course!

Thanks E, will confirm the e mail when I get paid, I paid £25 for my MX5 one so this would be a very good investment at a very good price.

SO COME ON EVERYONE:afro: we all need one. You know it makes sense/pan :scholar:

yetphoenix
25-01-2008, 03:19 AM
I've confirmed... Time i did get my hands dirty ? just alittle bit..

Dan_G
25-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Right, somehow missed this whole thread?..

Anyway I've now registered and will pay the deposit when i get the email asking to.

Dan

elnevio
11-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Er, apologies for any repetition here, but I saw this on fleabay, and wondered whether these have been seen before? Does anyone have one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-LEGNUM-HANDBOOK-INC-VR4-96-02_W0QQitemZ330210146495QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10400QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I assume the one we're looking at will be A LOT more comprehensive, i.e. workshop manual, rather than a user guide.

Kieran
11-02-2008, 12:30 AM
That's right. That item is a fairly rudimentary translation of the Japanese "where's my steering wheel?" manual. This is for translation of the actual service manual.

shaun1978
11-02-2008, 01:03 AM
right just added myself to the list.
I bought a galant workshop manual offa ebay for my last galant, but it doesnt even touch on the vr4 , its useless.

SiliconAngel
13-03-2008, 03:22 AM
UPDATE!!!

We're now at 119 confirmed requests. If anyone hasn't received a confirmation request via email after registering your interest on the JPNZ website, please post here or send me a PM.

Please note the NZ$99 price is only valid for the initial 150 confirmed expressions of interest. There will be a 50% price increase once the manual is finished. From Michael:

"once the manual has been released to everyone who put their name down to have the manual published we will then be increasing the price of the manuals to NZ$150 + post each so now is the time to buy".

So if you even REMOTELY want a workshop manual for your VR4, go to JPNZ (http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=23/SUBID=240/ID=650/SID=63076686/productdetails.html) and register your interest ASAP!

The Vee
13-03-2008, 04:40 AM
Registered long time ago and did get confirmation request which I sent back. Don't remember having to pay a deposit though, is that right?

peter thomson
13-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Yes that's right. 150 have to confirm before they request a deposit and start the translation

bigsed
16-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Over 200 showing now, so it should be underway I guess.

peter thomson
16-03-2008, 10:12 PM
They still do not have 150 of the 200+ confirmed though so will not start the translation until then

Kieran
17-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Currently 31 confirmations still needed! Any more for any more?

shaun1978
17-03-2008, 02:07 AM
/pan /pan I've lost the password to the email account I would have recieved it on DOH/pan /pan :thinking:

patrickstarfish
17-03-2008, 05:26 PM
done it had an email waitin for a reply of them

SiliconAngel
20-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I've lost the password to the email account I would have recieved it on DOHShaun PM me the details of the email account you used, the one you're using now and the name you registered under and I'll get Michael to forward the confirmation on to your new address. :thumbsup:

Kieran
20-03-2008, 02:54 PM
This just in on KieranCorp Breaking News...............:drummer:

Nutter_John
20-03-2008, 03:19 PM
get on with it then Sir Gingerlot

peter thomson
20-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Is the club buying the balance of the manuals so they can start translating??

Kieran
20-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Indeed!!:afro: /Poms

Yes, I am very pleased to announce that ClubVR-4 is bulk purchasing 20 manuals, which we will sell via the club shop to any future members and/or anyone who wants one but hasn't signed up for one. As a result, JPNZ will commence translation of the manuals despite us not having reached the 150 trigger level - JPNZ are happy that there's now enough requests for them to absorb the remainder!

Also, JPNZ have agreed that all copies of the workshop manuals will feature logos and contact details for both ClubVR-4 and OzVR-4 in the inside of the front cover as a thankyou!:afro::2thumbsup

So there you go!! Excellent news!/Banana

:singer:
On a personal note, I'd like to publicly thank the UK and NZ Club Committee members for agreeing to the funding, Trevor (Silicon Angel) for banging the drum on the OzVR4 side and keeping in touch with me with updates, and also Mike McCarthy at JPNZ for agreeing to commence translation. Spot on guys, there'll be a lot of happy enthusiasts thanks to you all!!/thankyou

Finally, and most importantly, Thank you to you guys in both CVR4 and OZVR4 for rallying around and pre-ordering the manuals - You've made what a few years ago we thought impossible into a reality!!!/thankyou /notworthy /notworthy

peter thomson
20-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Great news Kieran and thanks to all involved as well

Beastlee
20-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Is it ready yet /haz

bradc
20-03-2008, 10:20 PM
awesome Kieran

SiliconAngel
21-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Massive public thanks to Kieran's fantastic lobbying effort, and of course to the CVR4 committee for ordering 20 copies - we're all indebted to you guys!

I'd also like to thank Ian Beadle (VR4Pilot from OzVR4) who was the first one to notice JPNZ's VR4 Workshop Manual page - without that extremely fortuituous discovery we wouldn't even know about it!

On a more serious note, we should all receive an email from JPNZ within the next few days requesting deposit payment. If you start reading here that deposits are being collected and you've signed up but HAVEN'T seen an email requesting your deposit, please PM me or Kieran with your details (Name and email account you registered with) so we can chase it up with JPNZ.

Little Miss Road Rage
28-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I've got my email will pay it now

orionn2o
28-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Well done all of you.. Its great to know we have something new on its way! I've paid up my deposit! Just have to twiddle my thumbs waiting!

SiliconAngel
30-03-2008, 08:58 AM
I've paid deposits for two copies, as have quite a few OzVR4 members, so if you haven't received your deposit request by now you should have!

BTW make sure you pay the deposit in NZD ($30 per copy) NOT GBP. There appear to be problems with the calculations on their site atm. It probably won't affect the amount you're actually billed, but just to be on the safe side use the NZD amount.

Joikale
07-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Ordered and paid for one copy...

Edit2

Any news yet? Waiting sucks...

ianb
26-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I've ordered one.
Ian

Throbbe
26-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Oooops. Forgot about this during a house move, but just paid for my copy.

Fully
22-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Just sent them an email asking how they are getting on with these.
Should almost be ready!

Fully
23-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Hello Shane

Thank you for contacting us. We are currently in the process of
translation and expect to have complete in August.

Regards

JPNZ International Ltd.
29 Portage Rd, New Lynn,
Auckland, New Zealand.

Sweet

SiliconAngel
28-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Great work Shane, thanks for the update! :)

Louis
28-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Heard any more on this?, do you reckon we are still looking at a date in August, cheers Louis

Mark 4
16-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Probably !

peter thomson
16-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Last mention in the OZ thread was next month

Louis
01-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Anybody heard any more??????

Mark 4
02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Anybody heard any more??????

Yea, should be ready by now ?

panelman
02-09-2008, 10:15 PM
done

Mark 4
02-09-2008, 10:23 PM
done

Please elaborate.

peter thomson
02-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I think he just put his name down for a manual as well

Joikale
11-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I asked and I got an answer:

"Hello

We should be complete or very close by the end of this month.

Regards

JPNZ International Ltd.
29 Portage Rd, New Lynn,
Auckland, New Zealand."

orionn2o
18-09-2008, 11:18 AM
ooooh how exciting!

Louis
28-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Any updates??

peter thomson
28-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Latest info on OZVR4 is about 5 weeks now.

Hello Trevor

Good to hear from you. We are nearly complete but it has taken a bit longer than expected. I will be in touch at the end of this month to give you a confirmed completion date. Should be only another 2 to 3 weeks before we can start printing.

Regards,

JPNZ International Ltd.

eddyvr4
16-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Does anyone know is there a wiring diagram included?

looking at the untranslated JAP version, i can se about 33 seperate documents or sections, but there are no overall wiring diagrams.

before i ask JPNZ....

Kieran
16-10-2008, 09:59 AM
I don't think there is a wiring diagram, no.

Louis
16-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Hmmm, I thought there would have been one!

OnBoost!
22-10-2008, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't mind having my manual translated!

Joikale
23-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Waiting waiting...

Joikale
11-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Any news?? Or was this whole thing just a rip off??? /Grrr

GT40-Steven
11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Well there is no problem ordering it from the link on the first page. So what you guys say is that no one so far has received a translated manual?

Little Miss Road Rage
11-11-2008, 06:55 PM
No we haven't received it yet

peter thomson
11-11-2008, 07:03 PM
I emailed them 2 weeks ago and haven't received a reply and sent another one off today

peter thomson
12-11-2008, 09:02 AM
One of the OZVR4 guys who just payed for the manual received this message

"
Hello Tim
The registration period is over and we are just about to complete this manual, it will be available early next week. Please go through and pay the total amount now and you will receive the manual in about two weeks time. Once we make the manual available on our site the price will go to NZ $150 so best to make payment before then. The NZ $100 price is only for people who registered early and up till the manual is published.
"

peter thomson
13-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Just received an email to make the final payment.

Beastlee
13-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Same here but I never paid a deposit because they don't answer my e-mails about the payment options available.

bigsed
13-11-2008, 01:15 PM
I just got an email to pay the final balance, which shows as £70 in total! Less my initial payment of £44.89, which I expected to be the total that leaves another £31.42 to pay, after currency changes etc. Have I missed something here, I thought this was going to be around £40 all-in?

Beastlee
13-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Site says 100NZD as the running price.

Davezj
13-11-2008, 02:13 PM
i thought it was $100NZD as well.

£70 is too much even if it full price at $150 NZD as the exchange rate at the moment is is running 2.6 ish NZD to the pound. it should be £58ish full price.

venomboy
13-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Are you sure? my balance says 70NZD which is £26.22, I paid a 30NZD (£11.24) deposit which makes a total of £37.44. Plus a 20NZD(£7.49) delivery. Is everyone else the same?
VB

peter thomson
13-11-2008, 02:17 PM
My initial payment was $30 which is about £12. I just paid about £35 including delivery so that is about right with the way that the pound has been effected lately by the exchange rate. Might have been less as stated by venomboy but I didn't take a copy.

venomboy
13-11-2008, 02:23 PM
That's at todays rates, deposit would have been slightly different then but ballpark figure is the same. Are you sure that's right Bigsed?
VB

peter thomson
13-11-2008, 02:32 PM
I just got an email to pay the final balance, which shows as £70 in total! Less my initial payment of £44.89, which I expected to be the total that leaves another £31.42 to pay, after currency changes etc. Have I missed something here, I thought this was going to be around £40 all-in?

That is the figure in dollars when you go to make the payment the amount changed when I paid

bigsed
13-11-2008, 03:00 PM
This is confusing! The email link shows "£44.89 GBP - Balance £70.00 GBP"

I cant remember if I paid the deposit now, but I'm pretty sure I did. Order history shows:

Product Cost: £44.89 GBP
Freight (International post): £3.02 GBP
Sub Total: £47.91 GBP
GST: £.00 GBP
Total Including GST: £47.91 GBP
Type: Credit Card DPS

I'll check my statements and see how much it was charged at. Either way it still shows as £70.

your right Pete, it looks like the site has a bug, as it shows as £'s but when you go to the cart it drops to £31.42, which must be the total less deposit.

peter thomson
13-11-2008, 03:12 PM
This is confusing! The email link shows "£44.89 GBP - Balance £70.00 GBP"

I cant remember if I paid the deposit now, but I'm pretty sure I did. Order history shows:

Product Cost: £44.89 GBP
Freight (International post): £3.02 GBP
Sub Total: £47.91 GBP
GST: £.00 GBP
Total Including GST: £47.91 GBP
Type: Credit Card DPS

I'll check my statements and see how much it was charged at. Either way it still shows as £70.

your right Pete, it looks like the site has a bug, as it shows as £'s but when you go to the cart it drops to £31.42, which must be the total less deposit.

Yes I think it's just a glitch and is fine when you pay but I'll be checking my statement as well

White Lightning
13-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes, I got the email from JPNZ today too. My balance to pay is $70 NZD. Which equals £26.39 at the current exchange rate.

edit: hmm ... just clicked on the link to pay the balance, selected quantity 1 and clicked add to cart. Then it says "Your cart is empty." :inquisiti

yetphoenix
13-11-2008, 04:39 PM
just paid my balance of $70 NZD plus $20NZD P&P..:thinking:

Beastlee
13-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Well decided to pay the whole lot via my credit card so that's another one done.

Fully
13-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Woot Just paid the balance $83.48.

If you have any questions please phone us on [+64 9 825 0773] or email us at bookorders@jpnz.co.nz

elnevio
14-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I have now paid up! Now waiting with baited breath!!

Beastlee
14-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Hmm, have heard nothing from them about my payment. No e-mail acknowledgement at all....knew it was a bad idea!

peter thomson
14-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I don't think any body has had a reply yet Lee

Beastlee
15-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Not even a receipt for your payment?

SiliconAngel
16-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I've worked out with Michael a discount for anyone who wants to order an Owner's Manual with their Workshop Manual(s). Please go here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35595) to express your interest, but please be quick - we need to work this stuff out in the next day or so.

bigsed
21-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Paid for mine now, just waiting for its arrival....

White Lightning
25-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Just paid the balance for mine :2thumbsup

Nick Mann
26-11-2008, 12:08 AM
The link in my email doesn't work! /pan

Just sent an email to ask what next....

GT40-Steven
04-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Ordered mine now. Price is still $100NZ. Damned that I didn't order it two weeks ago when the exchange rate was better....

peter thomson
08-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Just received this email about the manual. I don't think they can be printed yet

"Hello Peter

We have completed the manual and will send soon, we are completing the
final editing of this manual.

Regards

JPNZ International Ltd.
4070 Great North Rd, Kelston,
Auckland, New Zealand."

Mark 4
08-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Sure is dragging on a bit !

peter thomson
13-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Latest email. Maybe they will be here before Xmas

"Hi,

We are now ready to send the 1996~2002 Mitsubishi GALANT / LEGNUM Code: WM214 workshop/repair manual, and will be posting to all who have paid in full this week. The manual is expected to take up to 10 working days to reach you if you are in another country other than NZ.

Please ignore the link below.
"

ianturbo
14-12-2008, 02:09 AM
just got mail sayin it will be 10 days for delivery , but when i paid they said 15 days and that was in november !!! i'll cross my fingers and hope it gets here before 1212 !!
ian

GT40-Steven
15-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I mistakenly paid twice and pointed that out via email a week ago. No reply to that so far and no delivery notice what so ever....

Edit: maybe I should go through the junk mail. Just came to think of that I didn't look there.

Joikale
15-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Latest email. Maybe they will be here before Xmas

"Hi,

We are now ready to send the 1996~2002 Mitsubishi GALANT / LEGNUM Code: WM214 workshop/repair manual, and will be posting to all who have paid in full this week. The manual is expected to take up to 10 working days to reach you if you are in another country other than NZ.

Please ignore the link below.
"

Hope those come soon, I would really need one, though I haven't received any info about those been complete... It was in june When I did order and pay my copy... hope it comes bef x-mas./bat

Edit... It was in April when I paid €57 and something...

phosty
27-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Has anybody seen their manual yet?

I haven't and I replied 'NO' to this email dated 28th December:

Hi, This email is concerning the 1996~2002 Mitsubishi GALANT / LEGNUM Code: WM214 workshop/repair manual, we appologise for the problem that has come to light. Two weeks ago we had sent an email to all who ordered the workshop manual asking if they would like the offer of the owners manual for NZ $30 including postage. Unfirtunatly we have just realised the email never left our server. To confirm please send either a yes or no to this email. If you send a "no"we will send your workshop manual immediatly, if you answer ÿes" we will combine an owners manual with your workshop manual and send as soon as payment is made via this link: http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131170/CATID=5/SUBID=52/page=1/products.html Apologies to all who have been delayed with the shippment of the workshop manual because of this problem, we decided to hold off sending until we have confirmation from you all on the owners manual / workshop manual package. Regards Michael Mccarthy (Director) Please ignore info below this line.. http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afa.asp?idWebPage=31171&CATID=23&SUBID=240&ID=650&SID=63076686&idJPNZCarManualsNZ_ProductEnquiry=141&strMode=Deposit Regards, Team @ JPNZ

peter thomson
27-01-2009, 02:36 PM
There is one in the UK now Phil. We should all be seeing our ones soon

bigsed
29-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Just for info, I got mine last week - I also handed the handbook to the order too.

Davezj
29-01-2009, 10:28 PM
i am still waiting!

Joikale
30-01-2009, 09:45 PM
i am still waiting!

You're not the only one waiting... Approx one month ago I sent them an(other) email. Soon I had a reply that I would receive my copy in two weeks. They propably use some other kind of chronology in NZ, coz according my calculations it was more than 4 propably 5 weeks ago...

Little Miss Road Rage
05-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm still waiting too might find out what card I paid for it with and get my money back

Beastlee
06-02-2009, 07:57 AM
I haven't even had an invoice from them detailing what I've paid for and the delivery address so I can't even remember which of my 4 addresses I asked them to send it to. It's impossible to get hold of them via e-mail either so I can't call them up to demand an explanation as to where all the manuals have got.
Can any of the NZ members point me in the direction of your Trading Standards authority, as far as I see they have obtained money by deception.

Throbbe
06-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Can any of the NZ members point me in the direction of your Trading Standards authority, as far as I see they have obtained money by deception.

Given the slow trickle of arrivals I'd say it's just good old fashioned incompetence, rather than any sinister motive, but yes, it is rather annoying.

Joikale
06-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Anyone from NZ wanna make some money, collect my copy, send it to me and earn some cash. PM if interested... I really need that.

Not really... Just really pissed.

Fully
06-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Both of mine turned up today =)

I would say the rest won't be too far away.

Joikale
12-02-2009, 08:02 PM
I've put some emails to them... no anwer anymore...

elnevio
12-02-2009, 08:05 PM
I replied to the 'do you want the owner's manual for NZ$30' email on Friday 6 Feb (saying 'no thanks, and when can I expect to receive the workshop manual?', and received this email on Monday 9 Feb:

"
Hello Nev

Thank you, I will send your email to reception so they can keep you in touch, we are currently sending out now so you should see soon.

Regards

JPNZ International Ltd.
4070 Great North Rd, Kelston,
Auckland, New Zealand.

Postal: P.O. Box 20-002 Glen Eden,
Auckland, New Zealand.

Phone: +64 9 825 0773
Fax: +64 9 825 0774
Mobile: +64 21 829 531
email: michael@jpnz.co.nz
"

Kieran
12-02-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm getting a little bored of waiting.... /bat

elnevio
12-02-2009, 08:19 PM
I know, must have seriously worn the typeface off the pages of their excuse book!

Joikale
13-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Has everybody received an offer for owners manual?

Just asking because I have not... Allthough I would not pay single penny more...

elnevio
13-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Has everybody received an offer for owners manual?

Just asking because I have not... Allthough I would not pay single penny more...
The offer email I received was back in December some time.

Little Miss Road Rage
16-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Ours turned up today....

finally.

Just in time to be sold as we are sadly going to be selling our legnum.

So if someone wants to make a generous offer on either then go ahead

elnevio
16-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Received my manuals today! :thumbsup:

Beastlee
16-02-2009, 09:08 PM
:p :/

Kieran
16-02-2009, 09:21 PM
What do people think about the quality of the manuals? On OzVR4 quite a few people have expressed concern about the amount of information NOT in the manuals?

Beastlee
16-02-2009, 09:25 PM
What do people think about the quality of the manuals? On OzVR4 quite a few people have expressed concern about the amount of information NOT in the manuals?

There's nothing in mine so far.....:sad3:

John TheAntique
16-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Mine arrived this morning. "no sleep tonight, no". (George Lewis)

Davezj
16-02-2009, 09:48 PM
people should have known what to expect just by look at the Jap version. it can only be a direct translation of that.

if it has less information then i think we will have something to say about that and voice our opinion to the translators.

White Lightning
16-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Mine arrived today and I must say I am very pleased ... :)

Davezj
20-02-2009, 10:21 PM
are there any wiring diagrams included in the manual.

The Vee
21-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Got mine yesterday. For the price don't think it's too bad. There are (from what I've seen - not had a chance to look fully) errors & omisions. It's certainly not - and in fairness not intended to be - a Haynes type of thing detailing every job, but if you're fairly handy with a spanner it's fine. There does appear to be reasonable amount of data but no wiring diagrams seen as yet

Subaru ETA
21-02-2009, 06:40 AM
wiring diagrams are usually a complete different manual so i wouldnt think they would have them in these workshop manuals

VR4 MAD
21-02-2009, 07:02 AM
are there any wiring diagrams included in the manual.

Yep, sure are............... :pimp2:

Try Volume 2, pages 197 thru 249.

/toycar

ianturbo
22-02-2009, 01:38 AM
I am a easy goin chap !! But were is my book i payed for last september ???i expected a bit of a delay due to translation stuff/popcorn but come on !!!!/Hmmm
ian

ianb
22-02-2009, 02:17 AM
I have just received mine, and am pretty pleased with it. Frankly I dont know how they made any money on the deal. Content assumes a fair amount of mechanical experience, they are garage workshop manuals after all. I'm happy with them.

thfelipeth
22-02-2009, 08:31 AM
so somehow i missed this workshop manual thingy. this is the first time i read the thread... now can i still buy one? are the manuals any good, now that most people have received them? cheers

elnevio
22-02-2009, 09:36 AM
It looks like they are gradually being sent out - so hopefully everyone who is expecting one will see it within the next few weeks.

By then, the club should have received the spare copies we ordered to a) get the minimum number required for JPNZ to start translating; and b) have a small stockpile for new members wanting to purchase them.

Once received, I expect the club shop will be updated, and a thread posted accordingly! :thumbsup:

Little Miss Road Rage
22-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Got mine too anyone wanna buy it?

Beastlee
22-02-2009, 02:10 PM
If I haven't received mine by the end of the month I will be speaking to the c/c company and buying one of the club ones or from a member who doesn't need it any more.

Fully
23-02-2009, 02:04 AM
so somehow i missed this workshop manual thingy. this is the first time i read the thread... now can i still buy one? are the manuals any good, now that most people have received them? cheers

Joikale
23-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I cannot suggest anyone to "buy" those, I paid my copy in APRIL and have not received it yet, but I'm not even keeping my hopes up.
First couple times i sended some email, they replied and gave me some excuses, last couple times (with email) they havn't even bothered to reply...

But what can I do? Talk with the cops I think...
/Grrr

Beastlee
23-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Joikale, what e-mail address did you use as I have never heard anything from them other than to ask me for money.

Joikale
23-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Actually it was through their feedback page, sorry

http://www.jpnz.co.nz/formwcs0130915/tn-contact-us.html

few times i got some info from michael (at) jpnz.co.nz

Beastlee
23-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks, will try him.

Joikale
23-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Please do try, and say greetings from me /Grrr

peter thomson
23-02-2009, 09:00 PM
He usually replies to me and I sent off another email today as I signed up for the manual right at the start and I'm still waiting for it.

Joikale
23-02-2009, 09:33 PM
He usually replies to me and I sent off another email today as I signed up for the manual right at the start and I'm still waiting for it.

Yep, but thats because you're far more polite thanI am :iloveyou:

Of course every one should get their paid manuals.
I just think this is not good publicity for JPNZ as business wise.

peter thomson
23-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Yep, but thats because you're far more polite thanI am :iloveyou: .

LOL..

Beastlee
27-02-2009, 05:41 PM
I've now sent the snottogram to Martin advising him he has 7 days to respond. I paid my money on 14 Nov 08 and the order doesn't even show up on my JPNZ account.

Davezj
27-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I got my manuals today vol. 1 and Vol. 2

not particularly impressed with the content to be honest.

The bit that every body wanted is not in there. yep you guess it fault codes.

Where are all the lists of fault codes and there associated flow diagrams to fix the fault. they are there in the Jap manual but not in the translated ones.
This is not on

what can we do?

Kieran
27-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I've now sent the snottogram to Martin advising him he has 7 days to respond. I paid my money on 14 Nov 08 and the order doesn't even show up on my JPNZ account.

I too checked out this morning - And my account on JPNZ doesn't show that I've paid the balance either! :veryangry

I feel a letter of complaint coming on....:thinking:

Beastlee
27-02-2009, 06:07 PM
K, don't you just want the money back now? How many that were ordered are redundant due to the VR4 no longer being with the person ordering?

I'd rather pay a little more and let the club have some funds TBH.

Joikale
02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
JPNZ promised to put my manual to mail... They said that it has propably got lost by post previously... They said that they have mailed it long time ago... No dates or anything else was given...
I have never got any info that "we have sent your manual".

Some how I feel that it was just another lie. But hey... I should receive mine in 6-10 days according to them...

peter thomson
02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
JPNZ promised to put my manual to mail... They said that it has propably got lost by post previously... They said that they have mailed it long time ago... No dates or anything else was given...
I have never got any info that "we have sent your manual".

Some how I feel that it was just another lie. But hey... I should receive mine in 6-10 days according to them...

10 days. That was what they told us back in November and I'm still waiting as well

Joikale
02-03-2009, 03:53 PM
No worries, then I just contact my bank's fraud department and I let them to decide what to do...

I called my bank on friday and after that I put some email to JPNZ and I got an answer yesterday (sunday) that It will be delivered 6-10 days. I take my money back if they don't send my copy. As simple as that.

Beastlee
02-03-2009, 03:58 PM
I've not had any response from Martin yet, he has 5 days remaining before I'll be looking for a club copy to buy!

Joikale
11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
anything new with this matter? Anyone??

Beastlee
11-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the reminder. No response and now I can contact my CC company.

ianturbo
11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Maybe we should have a list of who has got theres /who hasn't :just to see how many they have sent out !!speechles
Ian

Beastlee
11-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Amazing, having had no response for 4 months I finally sent an e-mail earlier advising them of my actions and that I was going to report them for fraud in NZ, suddenly I have had an e-mail from them!
Despite the fact for the last 4months I have been asking them to confirm the order details and I have provided them with the details of the sale as per my credit card statement they still asked me for a frigging reference number in order to send me out a new one. I guess they don't bother reading the e-mails sent to them as what I have just said above is clearly written about 4 inches below here response!

Hi Lee

All manuals have been sent but we did expect to have some go missing, I can send you another one if you would like which is not a problem,
If you could please send the reference number, I will get it out to you asap,

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused,
Regards Alana

yetphoenix
12-03-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm still waiting for my copy too .

Beastlee
12-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Contact Alana on bookorders@jpnz.co.uk, she seems to be pretty quick at dealing with it. My replacement is book is apparently already on the way!

Kieran
12-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Got in touch with Mike about my own missing manual and got the ball rolling. I'd paid the balance in full but it wasn't showing as such on my JPNZ order history.

Anyway, the ball is rolling. Mike also had this to say:

"Also I have just received an email stating there are a few other people on your forum which haven’t received their manuals, we have just sorted out two people today but can you let your members know if there are any others to get in contact with me please. We sent out a lot of manuals and have missed a few."

Mike can be contacted at jpnz@xtra.co.nz. You'll need to provide your address and it might also help to provide the date when you paid the balance.

peter thomson
12-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks Kieran I've sent off an email to that address now as they haven't replied to my recent ones either

orionn2o
12-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I've just chased this too since I dont have a manual.

Has anyone in the UK received theirs?

Joikale
13-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I gave them another two weeks to send that **cking manual, two weeks up still no manual.

Monday my bank can start getting my money back.

I'm through with them, Fook that firm.

Beastlee
20-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Well Alana has certainly done what she said, my books arrived today. Only problem now is that the dog managed to get the package as it was put, or rather rammed, through the letterbox. Only minor battle scars thank god!

As I'm going to be doing a fair amount of work on the car in the near future I'll post up my findings once I've used them in anger.

peter thomson
20-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Well she hasn't replied to me and I'm still waiting

elnevio
20-03-2009, 04:39 PM
I've just chased this too since I dont have a manual.

Has anyone in the UK received theirs?
Yep, received mine about a month ago.

Davezj
24-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Well Alana has certainly done what she said, my books arrived today. Only problem now is that the dog managed to get the package as it was put, or rather rammed, through the letterbox. Only minor battle scars thank god!

As I'm going to be doing a fair amount of work on the car in the near future I'll post up my findings once I've used them in anger.

you will be disappointed as they are rubbish!!

section missed out alover the place, seems like they started a section to translate did a few pages got board and moved on to the next section.

all you have to do to check is open the jap manual and see ho many pages it has go in each section some sections are missing about 50 pages.

there are no fault codes apart from the little engine section and fault finding flow diagrams.

not worth the money if you ask me.

Beastlee
24-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Sorry forgot ot provide feedback on my copy.

Well it started out bad and got worse. I only wanted to follow the guide for removing the front bumper but it proved useless and if it can't manage that how can it manage a full on task? They are quite literally paperweights.

There's only an index in the back of Vol 2 and it doesn't indicate which volume you are looking in. The page numbers in Vol 1 are not in sequesntial order and infact page 150 doesn't exist (page 150 is for the front bumper but thankfully it was in volume 2 not 1). The translations in the few place I read were not accurate even where it is obvious to anyone what the real name is, not acceptable when the company specialises in techincal manuals.

I'm hoping Kieran or someone with the Jap versions can confirm or deny if the original instructions consist simpy of a diagram with numbers and a series of bullet points that don't actually provide any insight. They also make no mention of the issue of removing the screw behind the washer bottle. I'm sure I could have worked thi much out myself form the Jap manuals.

I'm going to have a good look through as soon as I get a chance and will be complaining wholeheartedly to Alana once a definitve list of problems has been found.

orionn2o
24-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Think im going to talk to the credit card company today!

bigsed
24-03-2009, 09:10 PM
If anyone else is interested in getting their hands on one, I have a set available for sale, £37 posted. And you are guaranteed to get it!

bow dn
27-03-2009, 08:53 PM
So has anyone actually happy with their manual or is it not worth the hassel, coz i dont wana waste my time buying one if the are crap and it seems most of you have been stuffed around.

Mark 4
27-03-2009, 09:27 PM
We need group representation as stated previously.

Beastlee
27-03-2009, 09:51 PM
I put some thoughts to Alana who had previously been responsive but nothing..typical.

Joikale
28-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I received my manuals but vol1... well take a look..

Very hard to read and impossible to follow diagrams etc... Crab..
Informed JPNZ and pardon if this is a violation of copyrights, feel free to remove these pics.

Beastlee
28-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Well I decided to read both manuals through today....but I can't. Whilst I originally thought the page numbers were just printed wrong I now realise they are simply printed randomly onto the pages. Here's a sample of the page numbering 3,7,5,9,2,11. It seems they've printed the first few in the wrong order and then it's gone into the correct order, unfortunately on the wrong side of each page and out of sync. Has anyone else got this issue?

This is simply not acceptable and if they don't respond to me before I go back to the UK next week I will still be speaking to my credit card company anyway.

Joikale
28-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Yep, those pages are in wrong order... on manual vol2

Subaru ETA
28-03-2009, 11:05 AM
maybe someone who has one in auckland should be taking it back to them and shoving it up there arse?

Joikale
28-03-2009, 11:12 AM
I can give mine for that purpose. /pan

Subaru ETA
28-03-2009, 11:27 AM
lol "rush adjuster"

Beastlee
28-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Here's my latest e-mail as I got no answer from bookorders@jpnz.co.nz

Alana,

I e-mailed you the other day with regard to my received manuals but have not had a response from you. I can live with the numerous bad translations but the missing parts of the manual are unacceptable and I cannot work with volume one due to the fact the pages have been printed out of order. My Volume 1 pages start as follows 3,7,5,9,2,11 and then it proceeds to alternate as normal but with the pages out of sync, i.e. 4,13,6,15. I have now found the index as well but it is 7 pages away from the end of the book. This means that to follow a single procedure you have to keep flipping backwards and forwards through the book which isn’t any use when you’re working on the car!
Given the number of issues found with the books and the number of people who have purchased them and been unhappy with them I feel that a member of you senior management should provide an explanation. A number of us are considering legal action against your company regarding this matter and therefore, should a representative of your company wish to discuss this further, I would be happy to speak with them directly. I can be contacted on +49 XXXX XXX XXXX but please remember I am in Germany, time zone GMT +1.
Should I not receive a response to this message by Friday 3rd April 2009 I will advise the club officials and the other customers of this and we will proceed with the process of reclaiming our payments and legal action as necessary.

Yours sincerely
Lee Eastham

Beastlee
28-03-2009, 11:37 AM
I was going to add that a number of us are also members in other clubs around the world and that it wouldn't be too difficult to put them out of business. I figured that was a little too threatening even if it would be perfectly legal and easy to do.

Kieran
28-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I was going to add that a number of us are also members in other clubs around the world and that it wouldn't be too difficult to put them out of business. I figured that was a little too threatening even if it would be perfectly legal and easy to do.

I notice MDOC are trying to get numbers together for a translation.... I did wonder whether to point Simon (Their Admin) in the direction of both this thread and the one on OzVR4....

Fully
29-03-2009, 06:05 AM
Seems to be more than 1 version of this manual!

Throbbe
30-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I notice MDOC are trying to get numbers together for a translation.... I did wonder whether to point Simon (Their Admin) in the direction of both this thread and the one on OzVR4....

That's a tricky one. I've seen a chap with a lot of happy customers driven out of business on the back of 2 well publicised cock ups, at least one of which he wasn't given the opportunity to put right.

However, I think one of the pertinent issues in this case is that the firm is in another country (not for all of us obviously, I'm guessing the Delica crew are UK based too). If they were a UK firm I would have been reasonably confident in my legal position and got my money back*, but I don't know what laws apply in the upside down parts of the globe, so would probably have to put it down to experience.

* Actually, I sold mine on and linked to this thread so the buyer knew what they were getting, but the principle stands.

Beastlee
30-03-2009, 01:05 PM
That's a tricky one. I've seen a chap with a lot of happy customers driven out of business on the back of 2 well publicised cock ups, at least one of which he wasn't given the opportunity to put right.

However, I think one of the pertinent issues in this case is that the firm is in another country (not for all of us obviously, I'm guessing the Delica crew are UK based too). If they were a UK firm I would have been reasonably confident in my legal position and got my money back*, but I don't know what laws apply in the upside down parts of the globe, so would probably have to put it down to experience.

* Actually, I sold mine on and linked to this thread so the buyer knew what they were getting, but the principle stands.

The problem is they have had ample opportunity to fix the issue but they don't even respond to messages that are sent to them. I'm fairly certain NZ will have trading laws that say a product has to be fit for the purpose it was advertised at and that something as major as this would be considered as a failure to provide said product as intended.

ianturbo
31-03-2009, 11:08 AM
i have mailed them a few times and never had a reply !/pan but they was quick enough to mail me for the final payment !!!:thinking:
ian

peter thomson
31-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Finally i have had a reply but just the usual about them sending it soon. I'm not sure I believe the bit about most of the preordered manuals being posted though.

"Hello Peter

I will send your email to dispatch and they will let you know the status of your delivery, we have sent most of the pre ordered manuals out so yours should be on the way. Dispatch will be in touch.

Regards"

elnevio
31-03-2009, 02:34 PM
My two manuals appear to have the pages all in order (i.e. 1 to 250) and both have their indices right at the back.

But no contents relating to the AYC and very little on the automatic transmission.

peter thomson
31-03-2009, 03:10 PM
It was the transmission I would have been interested in as well

ianturbo
31-03-2009, 09:58 PM
i would just like a book !!! /Grrr
ian

Mark 4
31-03-2009, 10:06 PM

Do not let other people suffer the poor level of service that we have had. My manual has not arrived and from what I am reading it will be almost useless when it does. Please do exatly this Kieran. Cheats do not deserve to be in business.

Beastlee
31-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Actually the Mitsi Delica manual is already available in English.

Kieran
01-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Actually the Mitsi Delica manual is already available in English.

My understanding is that it doesn't fully cover the 4x4s - Hence MDOC have approached JPNZ for translations. They've got a couple of stickies regarding getting the 'Interested' numbers to the trigger levels, just like we did.

Joikale
01-04-2009, 04:40 PM
My understanding is that it doesn't fully cover the 4x4s - Hence MDOC have approached JPNZ for translations. They've got a couple of stickies regarding getting the 'Interested' numbers to the trigger levels, just like we did.

After JPNZ translation they propably still do not have fully covering manual. /pan /pan /pan /pan /pan

Wembe
28-04-2009, 12:39 PM
should w edo about this matter? Shall we let these guys go on conning pple?
We need some suggestions here.

Joikale
26-05-2009, 02:52 PM
So everybody got their manuals?

venomboy
25-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Is anyone else still waiting for a manual?