PDA

View Full Version : ralliart vr4's where converted to miles right ??..

rees
22-10-2007, 12:28 PM
im sure that the ralliart batch of vr4's were converted to miles when they were imported right ?

its just that i went to view this >>

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330175889637&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

and the car is fine but its advertised as 111463 kms

when i went to look at it it read the same on the odometer BUT AM SURE the odometer is reading in miles ?

therefore 111463km = 69,000 ish miles

but 111463 MILES is obviously a big difference ( something like 178000 km's)

the bloke assures me that they are in km's

but hes not skilled like my self :scholar:

so can anyone assure me??

i looked at his docs = 2x mot certificates : 1 says 96000 MIles the other and most recent one say 111463 KMS

so the question boils down to = are ralliarts in miles or kms? :speechles

plz anyone pm me asap as i know im right but .... just checking:inquisiti

Nutter_John
22-10-2007, 12:39 PM
I would put money on all UK Sourced Ralliart cars ( eg imported but MMC via Raliart and as part of the official 200) being MPH from new ,

Looking at that add I would say it is a gen uk version and if the paper work (v5) states it was first registered in the UK then it will be MPH

I also note he states that the car is restricted to 155mph , this is not true nor is 30 mpg - infact ask him to prove that the car car reach 30 MPG !!!!!

timiano
22-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Mines in miles.

Nick Mann
22-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Yep - ralliart imports were converted to miles when new. I guess the first few could be km's as it was driven on and off ships/transpsrters etc, but the dealerships converted them to MPH as soon as they got there.

UK from new, Ralliart model should have its odometer completely in miles, IMO.

HMG1K
22-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Yep - ralliart imports were converted to miles when new. I guess the first few could be km's as it was driven on and off ships/transpsrters etc, but the dealerships converted them to MPH as soon as they got there.

UK from new, Ralliart model should have its odometer completely in miles, IMO.

Yep - all the 200 official Mitsubishi Galant saloon and estate imports had their speedo in miles, like UK cars, when sold - so the mileage computer will also show miles covered.

The only difference between 'early' official imports - shark-nose but on an 'X' reg plate and those of the 2001 and 2002 '01 / '02' plates - is the rear fog was in the rear bumper on the early ones and it moved to be combined in the rear light clusters on the later models...

Aside from that I'm confused too with the mileage / km issue... It looks like a UK official import with lots of optional extras, like the rear wash wipe.

Perhaps give Amanda a call at Mitsubishi HQ..? Very helpful - she's in Customer Services. Get her to run its chassis number through their system..? Unless some one can do it on here...

unclepete
22-10-2007, 01:43 PM
I also note he states that the car is restricted to 155mph , this is not true nor is 30 mpg - infact ask him to prove that the car car reach 30 MPG !!!!!

I don't want to open up another debate about this again but it IS possible - my bird got 30.6 mpg at over 90mph in France (rushing for the ferry) with AC on and a full load and I got 32mpg through Britain when I picked up Beastlee's old car.

It can be done.

Sorry for any anguish the above may have caused.

Brunty
22-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Don't forget the dashboard was only converted to 'show' MPH by way of a sticker - therefore if his sticker has fallen off or been removed it could lead to confusion.

Also carefully check the service intervals as I reckon various permutations could mean the car has been serviced at:

2,800 mile intervals (unlikely, but would make it the best looked after VR4 in the world!),
4,500 mile intervals (as it should be), or
7,200 mile intervals (be very careful)

Nick Mann
22-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Don't forget the dashboard was only converted to 'show' MPH by way of a sticker - therefore if his sticker has fallen off or been removed it could lead to confusion.

And the converter electronics to change the signal! /pan

Brunty
22-10-2007, 09:06 PM
:thinking:

And the converter electronics to change the signal! /pan

Obviously - but the signal is still only displayed as numbers at the end of the day, the 'units' are only an adhesive label over the KPH sign easy to remove/disturb.

EDIT - Just checked the photos on EBAY with the MPH sticker clearly visible. No doubt in my mind this car has 100k miles on the clock (note that TRIP A shows on the dashboard picture, no mention of mileage in the advert).

HMG1K
22-10-2007, 11:12 PM
:thinking:

Obviously - but the signal is still only displayed as numbers at the end of the day, the 'units' are only an adhesive label over the KPH sign easy to remove/disturb.

EDIT - Just checked the photos on EBAY with the MPH sticker clearly visible. No doubt in my mind this car has 100k miles on the clock (note that TRIP A shows on the dashboard picture, no mention of mileage in the advert).

You;re right Brunty - the sticker is clearly visable... Though the official ones had no MPH sticker - they were the genuine MPH speedo with no cover sticker. I think the give away is the speedo on these had MPH in bolder more prominant numbers, and the KMs in smaller numbers - like on all UK cars, Galant or otherwise...

Give Mitsubishi HQ a call and get them to run the chassis through their system - there were only 200 officially imported by Mitsubishi, the rest were unoffical 'grey' cars...

Other than that - does the car on eBay stack up...? Looks like a lovely example - especially for the price.

Kieran
22-10-2007, 11:42 PM
You;re right Brunty - the sticker is clearly visable... Though the official ones had no MPH sticker - they were the genuine MPH speedo with no cover sticker.

That's not quite correct. Even the 'Official' UK cars also had the Jap spec cluster with a MPH sticker. The VR-4 dash was different enough that it wasn't feasable to drop in the UK High Contrast dash (which is a different style).:scholar:

Spirit
23-10-2007, 11:21 AM
What happened then Rees....did you buy it ?

HMG1K
23-10-2007, 11:56 AM
What happened then Rees....did you buy it ?

I see it's back on eBay again.

White Lightning
23-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I see it's back on eBay again.

So it is .... and still has "Mileage 111,045 KM" in the advert.

Meakin
27-10-2007, 08:10 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f189/manision-house/galant%20gr4/camarma052.jpg

Deffinately a sticker, as it doesn't light up?

I think it's a uk one, however he's saying KM to hide the fact that it's a high mileage car, due to the amount of jappy import galants...

Nutter_John
27-10-2007, 08:30 PM
That total is to be considered as miles unless it has a certificate from it's import