PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle tracking devices...

HMG1K
22-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Can anyone recommend / give feedback on their experiences please - I'm torn between the RAC Trackstar Plus (also known as the TrafficMaster TrackStar TM100) or the Tracker Horizon.

Both alert the owner via a phone call if the alarm goes off on the car / car is moved unauthorised and both use the newer GPS tracking system.

When it comes to price there's about £50 between the TrackStar and Tracker - plus I've found them even cheaper via online retailers than the actual firms themselves.

Thank you in advance...
philip

Nick VR4
22-10-2007, 03:31 PM
I have the Tracker Retrive which I have never used thankfully

Retrive is the one where you tell Tracker the car has been stolen and then they active the tracker

Most insurance companies do not recognise this sort of tracker any more

HMG1K
22-10-2007, 03:36 PM
I have the Tracker Retrive which I have never used thankfully

Retrive is the one where you tell Tracker the car has been stolen and then they active the tracker

Most insurance companies do not recognise this sort of tracker any more

Interesting stuff - thanks for that Nick... That's what the car has at the moment.

Being the new owner I have have to pay the subscription fee anyway, so I'm just weighing up whether to stick with the newer version of a Tracker or go elsewhere to a different device.

bernmc
22-10-2007, 04:19 PM
There's a chap on one of the 350z sites that used to sell them. His advice was not to bother. The good thieves know where the tracker is hidden. He felt the cash was better spent on some decent gap insurance.

HMG1K
22-10-2007, 04:22 PM
There's a chap on one of the 350z sites that used to sell them. His advice was not to bother. The good thieves know where the tracker is hidden. He felt the cash was better spent on some decent gap insurance.

Ooo ! What's gap insurance..? Sorry for sounding dumb!/pan

Nick VR4
22-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Ooo ! What's gap insurance..? Sorry for sounding dumb!/pan

GAP Insurance is a type of GAP Insurance which, in the unfortunate event that your car is deemed a total loss (write off) following an accident, fire or theft by your motor insurer, pays you the difference between the original purchase price of your car and the written off settlement paid to you by your motor insurer or, if greater, the amount you require to settle your finance agreement (where applicable).

http://www.gap-insurance-online.co.uk/

HMG1K
22-10-2007, 06:37 PM
GAP Insurance is a type of GAP Insurance which, in the unfortunate event that your car is deemed a total loss (write off) following an accident, fire or theft by your motor insurer, pays you the difference between the original purchase price of your car and the written off settlement paid to you by your motor insurer or, if greater, the amount you require to settle your finance agreement (where applicable).

http://www.gap-insurance-online.co.uk/

Ah ! Will give that a look - thanks Nick!