PDA

View Full Version : ICE Install Started

Spirit
24-01-2004, 10:30 PM
First part of my new ICE install has been completed - the Pioneer AVH-P6400CD head unit and seperate DVD player in the 2nd din slot is done and working successfully.

Rear speakers upgraded today to Pioneer TS-A1710's (200w).

Next step is to get the headrest screens, amp and sub installed - all sat here in their boxes looking at me :D I have changed the amp to an Alpine now aswell. Will post some pics once Barry has the attachments sorted

enigma
24-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Cool as!!! Get them pics in!

Spirit
05-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Headrest screens fitted tonight - was scarey watching them being cut apart :rolleyes5 but all went ok.

Sorry for the poor quality pic - forgot my cam, this was taken on my mates phone. I will take some decent pics once all finished. Just got the amp/sub and in car cables to do now ;)

One in and the 2nd headrest cut :

Spirit
22-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Final payment made tonight - total just under £1500 all in.

Got a sub box that Shaz is going to sort covering tomorrow and final stretch (amp/sub in boot) should be done by the weekend. :-D

Nick Mann
22-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Fantastic! Two sound offs at Jap Fest then... Exhaust and Sound! The only entrant in both will of course be BDA!

Spirit
22-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Fantastic! Two sound offs at Jap Fest then... Exhaust and Sound! The only entrant in both will of course be BDA!

May take sub out for Japfest - less weight for track :-D ;)

SGHOM
24-02-2004, 05:23 PM
how does this look ???
12/240V DVD player. 12V/240V 5" monitor. reconditioned, but with guarauntee.
player + 2 monitors, remote control & with a splitter, you can use the 2 from the one player. & they will fit in the headrests. £155 .

Spirit
24-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Derek

Need to ensure the monitors come with or can get the headrest mounting kit.

Also if you use this as a standalone then you are relying on the sound from the monitor speakers only.

Do they come with their own inverter too ?

SGHOM
24-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Derek

Need to ensure the monitors come with or can get the headrest mounting kit.

Also if you use this as a standalone then you are relying on the sound from the monitor speakers only.

Do they come with their own inverter too ?not sure on the mounting kit ?? but a plan could be made !!
monitor speakers only........ not sure on that one ??
inverter not needed, both are 12V !
I just thought the price was right, & have found out just now, that I may get them even cheaper !!
www.kingavon.co.uk is the manufacturers/wholesalers site, & they are sold through city electrical.

Spirit
26-02-2004, 12:15 AM
We are all done and completed :-D :-D :-D :-D

Finished at 10pm tonight so too dark for pics - will take some at the weekend an post them. What a difference the amp/sub makes ;)

Japmetal
29-02-2004, 02:26 PM
I should be removing all extraneous brackets from my spare wheel well this week; then the boot floor can be lowered to it's actual level & my ICE re-install can begin again ;)

The only problem is I need two froont door cards & a split rear seat back/bench to match my GTi interior before I can go through with the final phases ! where the h*** am I gonna find those [in the UK]? :huh: