PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Perth, Australia

SiliconAngel
23-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Hi guys,

Been trolling the forums for a while now, just doing research. I'm an active member of the OzVR4 (http://www.ozvr4.com/) community and I'm currently waiting for my car to complete Australian compliance. Still a bit wet behind the ears as I'm yet to even drive one and this import process takes months, so can't WAIT!

Details on my car available here (http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374). :)

Trevor

bradc
23-10-2007, 04:06 AM
I know you :)

hawks
23-10-2007, 04:55 AM
/Wave

Kieran
23-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Hi Trevor and Welcome - Do I know you from someplace?! :D

Nick Mann
23-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Nice! Looks like a type-s from the outside, but with a manual gearbox when you look inside! That is a combination I don't remember seeing, so it must be a very rare version of a very rare car!

Enjoy! :thumbsup: /yes

Nick VR4
23-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 nice looking car

SiliconAngel
23-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi, thanks guys :)

Yes Nick that is a manual type S, but wasn't aware they were any more rare than VR4 manuals in general (about 10% from what I've been hearing). It was getting a BLACK manual type S that was the difficult part, and yes I'm paying a hell of a premium for the privelidge!

Nick Mann
23-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Heh! I haven't seen many manual facelifts at all! I can only think of one that might be a type s and that is a dark blue saloon. The only other manual facelifts I have seen have been type-v's.

Well done on finding a rare car to your pre-defined requirements! That must have been very hard to do!

Lillywotsername
23-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi and /Welcome

Don't envy you trying to keep it clean but the car looks very nice.

ANTHONY
23-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi Trevor and Welcome - Do I know you from someplace?! :Dprob OZVR-4 and g'day mate

bradc
23-10-2007, 08:22 PM
manual Type S's do exist, we have about 5 members with them in NZ at least

Nick Mann
23-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah, but facelift? And 5 out of how many? I still maintain its a rare car. Most facelift manuals in the UK are type v's

bradc
23-10-2007, 08:40 PM
ohh yes, they are definitely a rare car, but they are always available here in NZ. 90% of the time there are at least 2 on trademe

SiliconAngel
24-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Don't envy you trying to keep it clean but the car looks very nice.Haha yea black cars are a pain for that, but I've had cars in the past I kept in near-showroom condition - it takes a bit of effort, but its worth it (to me at least ;)).

prob OZVR-4Haha I think Kieran was being facetious Anthony ;)

Yeah, but facelift?I think you'll find, Nick, that ALL Type S's are facelifts ;)

But yes, the combination I wanted IS very rare, so when this one came up I nabbed it within hours, despite it costing about twice what most people are paying for their cars in Japan (and I got nailed by the exchange rate crash a couple of months ago, which didn't help). The importers I've spoken to suggested it might be six months before another black manual Type S comes up again, and there's no guarantee it will be any better nor any cheaper, as people are likely to fight over them ;) So I'm VERY happy with the car... but I'll be even happier once I'm driving it!! :D

Behind every great MAN there is a greater WOMAN!!!!!BTW Lilly I am no history buff so don't know the intimate details of famous / important people's lives, but just off the top of my head Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla, two of the most influential scientists in history, who have both been responsible for reshaping human advancement, are both men who had no significant female influence (or even support) throughout most of their adult lives... ;)

bradc
24-10-2007, 02:30 AM
There are Type S prefacelifts, they are the 260hp auto models.

Black manual type s facelift's are so super rare though!

SiliconAngel
24-10-2007, 04:26 AM
There are Type S prefacelifts, they are the 260hp auto models.There are? Hmm, every time you think you know something about these cars, someone moves the goal posts... From everything I've read the Type S and Type V's only apply to Series 2's and there's only one type of Series 1 (other than the Supers, of course).

Have you got any details on this, Brad??

I guess you learn something new every day... And for the past couple months, a great deal of that has been from you, Brad LOL ;)

bradc
24-10-2007, 10:18 AM
For the prefacelifts there were VR-4 Type S's which came with ASC, TCL, AYC, 260hp and auto gearboxes. There were manual VR-4's (no suffix) which had AYC, 280hp and manual gearboxes

SiliconAngel
24-10-2007, 01:17 PM
But MOST Series 1 autos weren't Type S's, were they??

Kieran
24-10-2007, 02:23 PM
But MOST Series 1 autos weren't Type S's, were they??

Nope! ALL the Pre-facelift autos were 'VR-4 Type-S' specification.:scholar:

What you need my friend is this link. It is still work in progress, so please comment if you think somethings not right.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27013

ianturbo
24-10-2007, 07:57 PM
hi and /Welcome2 to the manual club ! i like the carbon dash !
ian

SiliconAngel
25-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Thanks Ian :) Actually everyone can get a carbon dash - they're available from your local Mitsubishi parts distributor for import from Japan ;)