PDA

View Full Version : fuel

simon387
25-10-2007, 08:08 AM
hi was wondering about the real MPG i currently do about 750 miles per week and spend about £150-180 a week getting about 25-19 MPG that a mixture of motorway cruising but mainly A road overtaking i know the legnum has a rep as a fuel guzzler but was wondering how much you all spend on fuel doing what kind of mileage with average driving i have read threads talking about the best MPG you can get but just wanted it in real terms ie normal driving daily driving and how much you spend.
thanks for your help.
simon.

bradc
25-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Don't get a VR-4 then! You will use about 25-30mpg in normal motorway cruising, but the kicker will be the servicing every 3-5000miles. I would suggest a nice diesel wagon like a pug or mundaneo :)

Nick VR4
25-10-2007, 08:18 AM
When I was driving my VR4 daily to work, going to meetings etc

I mangaged 250 miles per tank taking it very carefully which wasnt fun /Grrr

Kieran
25-10-2007, 08:48 AM
In the UK, most of us find the VR-4 considerably more thirsty than Brad suggests.

Most of them are auto. If you go a lot of motorway miles, expect about 26mpg at best.

When I was using mine daily in mostly urban traffic I managed arount 21/22mpg. This meant a £52 tank of super unleaded lasted 230 miles or six days!

pitslayer
25-10-2007, 10:54 AM
im currently rolling a jag 4litre xjsports, which is also the twr racing edition, ive done 90 quid on fuel. since friday....ive done 300 miles in it. and this is driving sensibly

Rambaud
25-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Get a GDI! :)

Filled up in Cambridge this afternoon.

After 165 miles, the gauge is showing more than 3/4 remaining. This would equate to nearly 50 m.p.g.

I suspect the gauge is being very optimistic - but I shall fill up again tomorrow to obtain a more accurate reading.

Kenneth
25-10-2007, 09:20 PM
I think we need a sticky, or a big banner at the top of the site that says:

If you are concerned about fuel economy, DO NOT get a VR-4. Do not get a high performance car of the engine size of a VR-4, do NOT pass go, do NOT collect $200. GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL. (don't pick up the soap though...)

Kieran
25-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I think we need a sticky, or a big banner at the top of the site that says:

If you are concerned about fuel economy, DO NOT get a VR-4. Do not get a high performance car of the engine size of a VR-4, do NOT pass go, do NOT collect $200. GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL. (don't pick up the soap though...)

Noted for the updated buyer's guide. /haz /haz

Nevman
26-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Fair point Kenneth.
The fuel economy and insurance cost were the only things I was concerned about after (and before) buying VR-4. So what I did? Got another evening job (not every evening though) to make extra money to be able to afford it. And I'm absolutely happy with it :happy:
My mother's husband said that he would never work extra for the car but everyone got their own freeks, aren't they? So mine (and probably most of you guys) is VR-4 and I do everything to have it, drive it and service it as best as possible :) Other people collect stamps... /Devil5

simon387
28-10-2007, 09:44 AM
lol yeah thanks for that kenneth.. not really worried by the fuel consumption i drive a 3.0 hilux surf 750 miles a week probably spend more on fuel than you i was just intersested in what the members on here averaged out of interest.. but thanks for your input.:scholar: