PDA

View Full Version : OK OK so its not a VR4, but..........

enigma
25-01-2004, 02:10 PM
It is the new Galant, as advertised in Times Square New York. Yep I was there last week and missed all the fun of the site being down. Thank god I had plenty to do!!

enigma
25-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Being a bit of a muppet I then had to drag Helen down to the local Manhattan Mitsubishi Dealer to check it out in the flesh.............

enigma
25-01-2004, 02:16 PM
And you know something................I hate to admit it.........but in the Flesh Helen and I (the car in the flesh, and not Helen and I!) decided it didn't look too bad at all, and it was cheap! The fully loaded GTS with a 3.8 V6 and 230HP was only $25000, or a tad under £14000 in real money!

Dmac1969
25-01-2004, 08:43 PM
We wont be getting it tho i take it? Might be fun to personally import one .... :D

enigma
25-01-2004, 08:55 PM
That would be OK if the Americans put their steering wheel on the correct side! I dont suppose it will be long before they hit our shores......with 1.6 and 2.0 engines no doubt :(

Dmac1969
25-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah LHD is a pain , but i suppose ud get used to it! Ive heard rumours that were not gettin the 9G at all , but were gettin the evo 8 body shape Lancer instead...They better do something soon tho coz , Evo apart, the UK range is pants now theres no Galant..

enigma
25-01-2004, 09:15 PM
An import from Japan is a far wiser option! Although I bet you dont get the thumping V6!! The best option is of course the 8G VR4 ;)

Dmac1969
25-01-2004, 09:29 PM
I dont think they have the 9G in japan , what i heard was its built in the USA mitsu factory for that market only , and apparently Australia are going to get a similar car , but built at the factory that used to build the Sigma estate (remember them?). Talking of 8G VR4s , one was traded in at my dealer last week , so i went over to look her over...but she was already sold...missed out again! ah well , ive got the sport front bumper and sideskirts to go on my car , id like to do her up a bit and run her before i trade her anyways.

Mante
28-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Heh, I could work out exporting them to you guys..but you would hate me when u get them. The 9g sales are so low prepare to read about buy one get one half price! LHD thats what we use, dont know why...RHD took two months to get used to, had to stop shifting from 2nd to 5th

enigma
28-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Looked OK to me........but so did some of the cabs I rode in.......they handle like ocean going vessels though! Understandable though when you consider some of the pot holes we drove over could have swallowed a VR4 whole!!!

I am sure the 9G would make an excellent sleeper! Slap on a couple of turbos and some nitrous and I bet you could easy see 1000BHP! Shame there is no 4WD though :(

Mante
28-01-2004, 06:44 PM
living around potholes just makes your reflexes very sharp! You are absolutely correct with the potential 3.8L mivec equipped thats alot of displacement for a car that will have a lot of torque steer. The famous phrase "no replacement for displacement" comes to mind whenever I say 3.8L to myself..No wait only the 2.4L has mivec which some members believe it can also be bored to 2.8L add a mivec/vtec controller and its knocking on the door of much stronger us cars