PDA

View Full Version : Displeased with AYC

Mante
26-01-2004, 05:39 AM
Ok, if your not current with the weather in the US its roughly 4" of snow on the ground now. The vr4 and I had a very very interesting trip home, after drifting across 4 lanes I finally realized that most of the power was directed to the rear wheels ( is it that I drift to much on dry tarmac lol causing them to have less tread) Never the less after I do a slide recovery AYC then wants to kick in :undecided causing another swing in the opposite direction. Considering Im used to doing slide recoveries its no big problem for me I just dont like to be second guessed by a computer! I wonder if I unplug the ayc ecu would it cause any significant problems for the car minus killin ayc...hmm

All in all love the AWD can do without computer error (ayc)

-LegnumVR4-
28-01-2004, 07:41 AM
U have the 6A13 engined VR-4 in the US??

Spirit
28-01-2004, 10:08 AM
He has probably the ONLY 8G VR4 6A13TT in the US - specially imported :-D - hey Mante, any chance of some pics of your car in the snow out there ?

Mante
28-01-2004, 06:01 PM
legnumvr4: heh yea I told you a couple years back I would pull it off :) thats why I was asking how did you do this & that to your rebuild of the legnum.

spirit: pics are uphere (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=23861#post23861)