PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used these eBay shops?

fifeweegie
01-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi,

I'm new here (in terms of posting), but thought I'd just stride in a very confident manner and get straight to the point, and pretend I've been here for ages and hope no one notices that I'm new.

Does anyone have any expereince of either of these shops on eBay?

These people sell dsics and various other bits an pieces -http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iezura for Japanese cars.

(On a more detailed point, are VR4 discs the same as standard Gallant discs?)

This shop sells bushes - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Flo-flex-Polyurethane.

they don't appear to have any Mitzi parts, but I found them when I was looking for parts for my wife's MX5. I've sent them an email asking if they've any intention of stocking Mitzi bits, and waiting on their response.

Cheers

Tom

Nick Mann
01-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Hello, Tom!

How you doing? Long time no see!! :P

Not used either of those shops, no. The VR4 is 5 stud and almost all non-VR4s are 4 stud. (In the UK anyway.) The non-brembo Evos definitely take the same front discs and pads as the VR4, and I think the same rears but don't quote me on that. Best bet is to look for Evo 4 as that didn't have the Brembo option.

If you find poly bushes for a good price, let us know. It has been discussed before. Here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19370

fifeweegie
01-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the reply Nick

It looks like a full set of 4 OE spec standard discs from Iezura are just of £100 delivered, whereas the best price I can find anywhere else is £265 plus delivery from Camskill. The price seems too good to be true, but there again, that's much more than the price you'd pay for the same parts for an 'every day' car, so maybe they're OK after all. (I don't think VR4 standard discs are that special to justify the price, just a lot less popular in terms of stock holding, tooling etc.)

Still haven't had a reply about the bushes. The price they're asking for the ARB bushes for an MX5 is about 60% of MXParts price - the sort of price MX5Parts would be asking on one of their Special Offer days, so I think they're bone fide bargain. Just hope I can convince the to do the VR4 set - from the link you gave me it looks like there would be enough support for them to do that.

Thanks again,

Tom

Nick Mann
01-11-2007, 02:41 PM
I would be interested in poly bushes, obviously funds depending!

I'd double check that £100 thing before buying - it seems too cheap. I have seen discs at just over £100 for 2 before, but all four? That does sound like 4 stud galant territory rather than 5.

Davezj
01-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Just checked out the ebay site the front disk advertised as VR4 and they are not correct.
look at the spec at the bottom standard VR4 disk is 294mm and 5 stud. the ones andertised are 276 and 4 stud. The disks are for a none turbo v6 not a VR4.

Don't exactly know what the rears are but 284mm 5 stud sound right, correct me if i am wrong.

fifeweegie
01-11-2007, 03:15 PM
I was a bit suspicious - part of their spec says EC5A, rather than EC5W. However, being a tight fisted Scotsman I might just email them anyway for clarification - that would leave me another £160 quid or more to squander on buckfast and deep fried haggis and other racially stereotypical activities.

As for the bushes - I've just got a reply saying they'd be interested if I can supply dimensions or parts to copy. Nick - do you know how the previous search ended up?

Tom

Davezj
01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
I was hoping someone had found some cheaper disks than camskill at £125 a pair for the standard fronts. which i personaly thing are a bit steep. or am i just tight as well. why should a 294mm disk be more than twice the price of a 276mm disk.

fifeweegie
01-11-2007, 10:14 PM
That's what I was thinking Dave - I got a set of 4 discs and all the pads for the wife's MX5 from mx5parts for £60 quid on one of their special offer days. I don't see why some that are a little larger should be so much dearer - i.e. more than 4 times the price.

Tom

Nick Mann
01-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Nick - do you know how the previous search ended up?

I can't tell you anything more than what is posted in the thread I linked to earlier. There are part numbers and diagrams in that thread if they help? Plus descriptions of where each bush fits.

fifeweegie
06-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks Nick and Dave for you comments

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier - I was at my usual and trying to do too many things at once.

I've decided to go with the Camskill discs, on the basis I might choose something slower and lighter than the VR4 to trial a new disc supplier.

As for the bushes, I'm going to buy 'pff the shelf' the MX5 Anti-roll bar bushes from thes guys to assess the quality before going to the trouble of getting them to make up VR4 from drawings or whatever, and then asking for volunteers on here for others to make the leap of faith with me.

Thanks again guys, I'll let you know how I get on.

Tom