PDA

View Full Version : Camber Adjusting Arms.

DefeXion
02-11-2007, 05:32 AM
I just got new tyres on my legnum and got the alignment taken a look at at the same time. My front wheels are one about -1 degree camber and my backs are on a whoping -3 degrees. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get camber adjusters to fix this (hoping I don't need new suspension... not just yet)

You See
02-11-2007, 06:56 AM
No arms available for our suspension type dude...but Gly has come up with a solution using washers. Worked on both his Leggies and Mikes one too...yet to do mine tho - one day I/he'll get to it!...muahahahahahaha :P

bradc
02-11-2007, 07:44 AM
the back ones are quite easy to do, it just involves some washers where the rear suspension arms bolt to the chassis.

stuey
02-11-2007, 11:36 AM
just put new rear tyres on, and and the inner wear is pretty bad. Alignment is ok, but you can visibly see the negative camber from behind the car. I'll checkout the washer trick, cheers.....

Gly
02-11-2007, 08:53 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?filter[15]=Rear%20Suspension&t=19221

DefeXion
03-11-2007, 11:44 AM
easy as that?
You're just kiding me arn't you. I'm actually going to drive home and my wheels are going to fall off arn't they >.<

Will give it a try and let you know. What do ya reckon a suitable camber is considering I can't swap my tyres left to right.

Wakaba
04-11-2007, 02:27 PM
If it makes you feel more safe....use the washers to figure out how much spacer you need on each side, then take those measurements and cut some cromo or plated steel tubing for spacers. Grade 8 bolts and you should be just fine for safety. Make sure you have enough thread holding your suspension together.

DefeXion
05-11-2007, 09:17 PM
That's a smart idea, I was actually thinking about getting a full plate cut and drilled to do the trick, but was unsure what thickness I would need so washers first will probably be the best idea.

It's a shame we don't have a math equation to calculate the camber and amount of spacer required to straighten the wheels up. Somebody should get out the ruler and start measuring angles (bags not).