PDA

View Full Version : Is this anyone's old VR4 that's up for sale?

HMG1K
04-11-2007, 12:36 PM
My search for a shark nosed Galant VR4 continues..! Is this any member's former car..? http://www.synergy-cars.co.uk/61895/stock.htm

Any help / guidence grately appreciated, as always! /thankyou

bradc
04-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I think you should buy the daewoo tacuma. Isn't that grill nice? It's the car that just keeps smiling!

MPBVr4
04-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Don't recognise it as a members car but looks OK in the pics. It looks like it has a black recaro interior. the best. Low mileage but will soon need a cambelt service.

HMG1K
04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Spoke to the 'dealer' today who rang me back with his 'friend' there who I chatted on the phone...

The good bits! Full Ralliart service stamps from new, every 4.5k... immaculate bodywork... alloys perfect... full black Recaro (as MPBVr4 says)... Hasn't been used much in the last 4 years - spent most of its time locked away in a garage, it's going in for a service and MOT this Tuesday (not a main dealer service)...

Bad bits - which are ringing alarm bells to me! The 'dealer' is selling this car for his 'friend' (both of whom I spoke with on the phone) but when asked about part-ex or warranty the 'dealer' says this is a private deal (even though it's advertised as trade on AutoTrader and via his trade website... The 'friend' who owns the car hasn't registered himself on the log book saying he got the car as part of a property deal as payment and has his own car and van and wants to now sell the car... Alarm bells ring that his name not being on the log book could mean that he's not the rightful owner to sell this car.

Being abroad again on business some of this week, the 'friend' offered to pick me up from the airport and let me have a drive in it back home and go from there...

Am I right in thinking should walk away..?

Rambaud
04-11-2007, 08:43 PM
The V5 ("log book") is not a doucment of title.

It merely records the details of the Registered Keeper - who may or may not be the legal owner. They often are one and the same.

Are you able to contact the previous owner to verify the service history etc?

Kenneth
04-11-2007, 08:48 PM
surely you can get some details on the car and then query the ownership history?

Forget what they call it in NZ, but you go to a website, pay some money, provide the details necessary and then you get a report on who owns the car, any accident history recorded and any outstanding financial interest in the car.

Nick Mann
04-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Ownership shouldn't be an issue. I'd raise an eyebrow at the deal not being trade, though. How many other cars on his forecourt are not his to sell?

Incidentally, I'm sure my first VR4 was Y*** UEU. Supplied by Poole Mitsubishi originally. They could confirm some of the history when I bought that one.

Nevman
04-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Providing the car really got 40k on the clock, the cambelt service has not been done probably so you'll have to add it to the total bill...

HMG1K
05-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Thank you - great advice from you all...

I paid £3.00 to do an HPI check online to see what the status is - says it has 3 owners from new, although 'dealer' and 'friend' say there's just 1 owner from new on the log book...

The rest is clear on HPI apart from a number plate change at some stage in its life...

pitslayer
05-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Bad bits - which are ringing alarm bells to me! The 'dealer' is selling this car for his 'friend' (both of whom I spoke with on the phone) but when asked about part-ex or warranty the 'dealer' says this is a private deal (even though it's advertised as trade on AutoTrader and via his trade website...
do they know this is completely illegal in every single way, if i could be bothered id find it on trading standards. a dealer is not allowed to sell, a car or advertise it for sale under there trading name, then say its a private sale, i have spoken to trading standards about this, and it is a BIG BIG BIG NO NO!

Fully
05-11-2007, 05:19 AM
It is being sold under them.
So they have to make all warranties valid for that car, just like they do on there other cars.

DefeXion
05-11-2007, 06:24 AM
sounds like you have the aces... if you do your homework

ANTHONY
06-11-2007, 12:03 AM
have you seen this thread.........

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=287576#post287576

HMG1K
22-11-2007, 09:53 PM
See this car is still up on Auto Trader - bloke and his mate at the time (on the Sunday) said they'd give me first refusal as they had another guy really interested and was ready to buy on the Tuesday...

Three weeks on and it's still up for sale... I think the seller (private) not having legal right with his name on the log book to sell, and his mate advertising it via his trade company but saying it's a private sale thus no warranties come with it may have something to do with it... Shame as it looks a lovely car.