PDA

View Full Version : Legnum VR4 for sale

haydar
26-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone

After over 4 years of fantastic ownership I'm now selling my VR4 :(

The car is hardly used and the wife is only 26 years old and has just put points on her licences (hence cannot get insured on it). Just can't justify having two cars in the family and one not doing anything. (Actually I can but the wife can't ;) )

It's a 97 model with 65k miles and the car has really been cared for. I spent £1500 last years on the transmission shudder problem (totally fixed), it has a complete set of new lash adjusters, 18" alloys with AVS sport tyres (less than a year old, plus buyer can have the original 16" wheels with lightly used Pirelli P0s). Also the major cambelt service has also be done. All bills and receipts from Ralliart/Mitsubishi/etc...

It also has all the HKS stuff, Pro boost controller, Induction Kit, Exhaust and Turbo timer.

All the above comes to more than £4500 spent in the last 18 months and this is not to mention the pioneer ICE system with twin Alpine amps. In the last four years the car has only covered 20k miles and sits mostly in the garage.

If anyone is interested please contact me. Also, anyone who has successfully sold one of these cars could they let me know where they advertised etc... I haven't sold a car in 8 years and wouldn't know where to start.

As for the the price, I don't want a long sales process (too painful :wall: ) so thought £6995 would be reasonable. Also might be interested in a p/ex for something the wife could drive.

Thank you

haydar
26-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Pictures:-

Spirit
26-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Sorry to hear you are selling her mate, but some lucky person is gonna get a bargain at £7k ! :-D

Nick VR4
26-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear this a few sites you might want to advertise on
Scoobynet for sale section
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/Forum.asp?ForumID=17

The Lancer Register
http://www.lancerregister.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=15

I would suggest you add MOT and Tax expiry dates too

Kieran
26-01-2004, 06:34 PM
*** DELETED ***

Sorry guys... Just remembered I've got engaged... :uhoh2: :noshake: :noshake:

Nick Mann
27-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Come on, Kieran! Tell her it's your engagement present! It has every mod I would like to do on mine. Part of me says I should have waited and bought an older model with a few bits and bobs.

Don't regret it Kieran - do it now!! Think of the track day experience in a VR4 as opposed to the GLS!

(Haydar - 1.5% commision payable on sale, yeah?)

haydar
27-01-2004, 03:36 PM
(Haydar - 1.5% commision payable on sale, yeah?)

Nick, with that kind of pitch I'd say at least 2.5% :D :D

haydar
27-01-2004, 04:30 PM
OK, I've advertised in the lancer forum (thanks Nick). Also I forget to mention that the MOT runs out in Feb (but there is no problem in it passing) and it's TAXED until August. The car also has EBS turbo grooved brake disks and Ferrodo pads. I'll even throw in the original exhaust :D

Cheer.

Nick VR4
27-01-2004, 04:36 PM
OK, I've advertised in the lancer forum (thanks Nick). Also I forget to mention that the MOT runs out in Feb (but there is no problem in it passing) and it's MOT'd until August. The car also has EBS turbo grooved brake disks and Ferrodo pads. I'll even throw in the original exhaust :D

Cheer.

Haydar
You have 2 dates for the MOT Feb and August :wow: :thinking: :D

haydar
27-01-2004, 04:38 PM
I meant taxed :)

Kieran
27-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Think of the track day experience in a VR4 as opposed to the GLS!

I am looking forward to exploiting GLS Power to the full on the track, so gerroutofit!!!! :smug: :angel1:

michaeli
28-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Would you be intersted in a straight swap for a Renault Clio DCi80, 52 Reg?? 5 door, silver met, power steering, abs, remote central, electric win (F), 80bhp insurance group 3, 20,000 miles, FRSH, still under warranty. The majority of mileage is on motorway......

Oh and CD Player, remote controlled from steering wheel....

Alloy wheels.... (5)

haydar
28-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Would you be intersted in a straight swap for a Renault Clio DCi80, 52 Reg?? 5 door, silver met, power steering, abs, remote central, electric win (F), 80bhp insurance group 3, 20,000 miles, FRSH, still under warranty. The majority of mileage is on motorway......

Oh and CD Player, remote controlled from steering wheel....

Alloy wheels.... (5)

Could you email some pictures (haydar.kirmani@intelliq.com). Cheers.

:rolleyes5 VR4 to Clio Deisel. How the mighty fall :-D

Big Ian
28-01-2004, 12:12 PM
:( jeees man!!!!!!!!!!! wish i had some cash :thinking: ,your selling it to cheap? good luck it look's a cracker :thumb1: .

jbmitchell
31-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Did you do the swap for the clio? I am looking to buy a VR4, but need to sell my car first (Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC if your wife is not too tall or fat!).

Spirit
31-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Now that is a great car - my last Jap car was a 2.2Vtec import - huge fun to drive :-D

Believe it or not, I sold mine to a guy who was buying it for his wife's 60th birthday present :laugh: I hope I have that much fun when I am 60 ! ;)

michaeli
01-02-2004, 11:38 AM
My car is now on Autotrader for sale.....

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&min_pr=7000&max_pr=8000&postcode=s44+6qf&miles=10&max_records=50&source=1&sort=3&search=SEARCH

Mistry
03-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Hi interested in your car, but need to sell my MY01 WRX first, will keep in touch.
Never really thought about a VR4 before so I need to do some research.

Can you answer a couple of questions to get me going

What are the running cost like? ( I do about 6 - 7000 miles a year)
Is it a group 20 car?
How practical is it, I have my 2nd baby on the way and need an estate.
I guess this car is a grey import?

Mistry

Watford based

Spirit
03-02-2004, 11:27 PM
If it helps you can read the Buyers Guide published by Japanese Performance Mag here: http://www.p.honey.btinternet.co.uk/buyersguide.htm

haydar
03-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Hi interested in your car, but need to sell my MY01 WRX first, will keep in touch.
Never really thought about a VR4 before so I need to do some research.

Can you answer a couple of questions to get me going

What are the running cost like? ( I do about 6 - 7000 miles a year)
Is it a group 20 car?
How practical is it, I have my 2nd baby on the way and need an estate.
I guess this car is a grey import?

Mistry

Watford based

Running costs are relative. It's not as cheap to run as a diesel of course but when compared to other cars of similar performance I think it compares favourably. The car is classified a group 20 but again I think the VR4 has escaped the insurance rip-off culture and is surprising cheap for a car of this performance. I'm with Admiral and I'm paying around £800 per year, not bad for London. Others on the site have found Adrian Flux to be quite cheap.

As for practicality, this is the Legnum's, as apposed to Galant, (sorry all Galant VR4 owners :) ) speciality. I have three children and we easily get all our paraphernalia in the car for all manner of trips.

Most VR4s are imports and even the official Ralliart versions were just put through the SVA certification rather than the full Euro certification. There is no problem getting parts and main dealers happily service them. The timing belt service is very expensive at around £700, which I had done about 7 months ago.

I'll be the first to say a VR4 is not for everyone. If however you want something very discrete and handsome, very practical, fast as cr*p and definitely don't see yourself driving a BMW then it's hard to find another car that fits the bill.

The last thing I'll say it that the VR4 really comes into it's own with an after-market exhaust and induction kit, a boost controller and larger wheels and wider tyres. This of course will cost thousands unless the car you buy already has them, like mine..... :) :) :)

If you have any questions you can email me directly on haydar@syedkirmani.com.

jbmitchell
04-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey Haydar,

How about a lovely silver Prelude and a pile of cash? Are you so disgusted by the thought that you don't even want to talk to me? :shifty:

haydar
04-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Hey Haydar,

How about a lovely silver Prelude and a pile of cash? Are you so disgusted by the thought that you don't even want to talk to me? :shifty:

Ha ha ha ha. Oh sorry, you were serious weren't you!!! The ONLY reason I'm selling my beloved VR4:smitten: is that my beloved wife has rocketed my insurance by being under 30, less than 3 years with a full licence and now with a whole reef of points! Also she now wants a full blown MPV. (Some school run rivalry I think :cool1: )

Anyway I love to talk to anyone about VR4s to the point they put a gun to their heads so no, I'm not too disgusted to talk to you. Sell your car quickly and come buy a car that'll put an eternal smile on your face. :thumb1:

enigma
04-02-2004, 12:23 PM
So Jon, after the little test at the weekend you have been bitten by the VR4 bug?

Cool! :-D

jbmitchell
04-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Me and the wife would like a VR4 now(and the kids quite liked the noise too!). I will try not to reverse into my friends dads car in mine though :-D

Haydar, 280bhp semi sports car to van with windows ... :( really sorry for you man.

haydar
04-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Me and the wife would like a VR4 now(and the kids quite liked the noise too!). I will try not to reverse into my friends dads car in mine though :-D

Haydar, 280bhp semi sports car to van with windows ... :( really sorry for you man.

Tell me about it!!!!!!!!! At least I've still got the bike.....

mike
06-02-2004, 11:11 AM
jbmitchell, you have PM. :D

haydar
15-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Hi everyone

With great joy I can say that the VR4 is no longer for sale. No it's not sold but after seening and driving dozens of MPVs the wife has actually decided she prefers the VR4 :-D . The last car we went to see was in Kent (van with windows) and on the way back I got her to drive the VR4. She averaged 120mph and by the time she got home she'd made up her mind. It's going to cost me in terms of insurance, but at least I get to keep the VR4.

Apart from the few VR4 members who were interested I got a lot of crank calls from people. To share just one with you:-

Caller: I'm calling about the car.
Me: Yes it's still for sale.
Caller: Tell me about it!
Me: Well, what exactly do you want to know?
Caller: Will you take a PX?
Me: If it's an MPV I might be interested?
Caller: I have a Honda Civic.
Me: No, not interested.
Caller: Does the car have a service history.
Me: It's been regularly serviced but being an import I don't have a service book for it.
Caller: What it's an import. Your asking too much for it. I'll give you £5000!
Me: <in shock> You're a dreamer arn't you. Good bye.

Spirit
15-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Not to late to make the meet tomorrow Haydar if you can get to Swindon for noon ;) :-D

Paulo
13-03-2004, 01:44 PM
You have pm

richibass
26-06-2004, 02:26 AM
Hey Dude,
I'm looking for a legnum, Sounds like yours!!! can you post some pics, link doesnt seem to be working!

Cash waiting, want to spend it this weekend, can you help!!!!