PDA

View Full Version : wrong time on clock

KEENY
05-11-2007, 10:10 AM
ello peeps

i seem to have a rather annoying lil problem with the clock in on the dash.

it seems that the clock runs 5 mins slow over a 7 week period. im not sure why but it never used to do it.

if it was a major loss in time i would check the battery but the car always starts first time every time. i have even left the lights on for an hour before starting the engine (on a cold start) and it still started on the button.

so im unsure as to what is causing the annoying little problem.

although thinking about it i was driving home a few days ago and the radio cut out, by chance i did look at the clock and that was out to. i wacked the radio facia and the radio and clcok came back on,

but i had lost my programed radio stations and the clock completly reset.

any thoughts?

Nutter_John
05-11-2007, 10:13 AM
standard clock issue , in the member section there is a article describing how to fix it

KEENY
05-11-2007, 10:35 AM
yeah cos i have a free £20 at this time of year with 3 kids, lol

AncientOfMu
05-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Then use your watch till after christmas :)

*meant in the nicest possible way, I have 2 kids so I know where you are coming from*

richy rich
05-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Do a search all info is there if you look for it.

Beastlee
05-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Jut rip it out and fit some whizzy gadget instead. I'm just fitting my EBC screen there this week. Who needs a clock when they're driving anyway?? Should be a stopwatch ;)

KEENY
05-11-2007, 06:38 PM
i need a clock cos im on the motorway alot. my sat nav gives me an e.t.a. so i need a clock that i can glance at to see how much longer im going to be driving for.
also for it to show me how much time i have to make up cos i got delayed in a traffic jam. probably where some idiot was doing 90 and didnt seen the car cutting in front of him cos he was to busy looking at his watch cos his clock was broken.

mpau009
05-11-2007, 06:41 PM
i need a clock cos im on the motorway alot. my sat nav gives me an e.t.a. so i need a clock that i can glance at to see how much longer im going to be driving for.
also for it to show me how much time i have to make up cos i got delayed in a traffic jam. probably where some idiot was doing 90 and didnt seen the car cutting in front of him cos he was to busy looking at his watch cos his clock was broken.

Im sure it has been covered in the non-member section as well if you have a hunt. Both mine were fixed by popping it out, and re-squeezing the pins in the plug.

KEENY
05-11-2007, 06:44 PM
yeah i did find something thanks. i will have a crack at it tomorrow as it seems easy enough to do.

im dreading finding out if the radio cutting off has anything to do with it aswell.

Beastlee
05-11-2007, 08:11 PM
I've done two repairs (both cars had teh fault) and the radio should be unrelated. I suspect the head-unit wiring has been converted to ISO connectors and either has a loose ISO connector or or possibly badly converted cables (soldering or crimps).

The stereo wiring is easy to get to, should take you 20 minutes total.

Jerry Shaw
25-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Take the plug off and bend all the pins slightly downward. It makes a better contact and voila, job done.

No offence to having a members section, but for a quick question and answer, is it really right to be pointed there in the first reply?

peter thomson
25-11-2007, 01:49 PM
If you were a full member you would know there was a bit more to it than just bending the pins

Nutter_John
25-11-2007, 02:47 PM
No offence to having a members section, but for a quick question and answer, is it really right to be pointed there in the first reply?

So lets all go that way , cancel our memberships , not pay anything towards the CVR4 website , ah guess what there would be no CVR4 as unless I'm not mistaken it ain't free to host a website the size of this one , it only runs by having members who pay to use it's added features

But to answer why do I point people to the members section , simple to help support the club .
But heres a better question why do people ask questions before searching for the answers as was pointed out on this thread by people the info is there if you serach for it

Jerry Shaw
26-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Agreed the info is there if it is searched for and yes it is agreed that it is not a free ride when hosting such a site. I found the info I needed by searching, but the statement wasn't intended to suggest free information.

It is fair to say that within the members section there will be a wealth of info that would be tedious to repeat within individual threads, and would be more in depth than a mere explanation anyway.

I am not going to apologise for the remark as I felt it was justified as the "simple" and "possible" solution I suggested was contained within one line of text. (And yes, I do realise there are more solutions to the same fault.)

If the question was related to an engine stripdown, and the info was in the members section, then by all means, I would have pointed in that direction too.

Ok..... Rant over, apologies for being off topic.

BTW, Did you solve the original problem Keeny?? /lol

PS: I also realise that this is quite possibly the only english Galant site around. Thus making it even more of a gem.

HMG1K
19-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Folks - quick question... The lid / roof / top of the clock on the dashboard is a seperate peice - does this come off easily...? If where abouts are the holding clips for this panel..?

I want to fit another alarm red flashy light and was thinking either between the back seam of the panel and the dash - or a small hole on the dash between the cup holder (or heated seats switch if you are lucky enought to have them fitted!) and the gear stick panel...

I'm fed up of my poxy "no one can see the car's alarmed" light hidden away under the steering column by the driver's window...!

peter thomson
19-02-2008, 09:51 PM
It's a tight fit but just needs to be pulled up and the clock and cover come up together

Nick Mann
19-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Aye - it lifts vertically, one clip pretty much in each corner. The clock comes with the cover.

HMG1K
19-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Thank you Nick and Peter! Much appreciated!

White Lightning
19-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Use a large flat head screwdriver with a cloth wrapped around it and carefully lever one side at a time.

HMG1K
20-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Use a large flat head screwdriver with a cloth wrapped around it and carefully lever one side at a time.

Lovely tip! Thank you too!

I'm liking the thought of installing the light there!

pitslayer
20-02-2008, 07:06 PM
remember to have your swear jar with you. getting them out is the hardest part.
and try to ignore the little voice in the back of your mind going"its going to break"

HMG1K
20-02-2008, 08:50 PM
try to ignore the little voice in the back of your mind going"its going to break"

I gave up with that location cos of that voice!

I've now wired in an extra alarm flashy light in the centre consoul between the gear stick and the cup holders... Used a fat screw to make a hole large enough for the light... then wired it back and hooked it up to the existing flashing light on the steering column.

Beastlee
20-02-2008, 10:35 PM
I have removed the clock on both my cars and I just got my fingers in the gap and pulled, the worst that happened was that the thin anti-rattle strip came unstuck. Look what happened on the second one :

uploaded/4273/1203543196.jpg

Your new location should be plenty visible.