PDA

View Full Version : TC off when you want to play ?

KiwiTT
26-01-2004, 09:13 PM
I was behind an M3 today. I was able to accelerate, with him for a couple of seconds than the TC cut in and I dropped back.

I was wondering, if I think I am going to have a little "Play", should I switch it off.

Spirit
26-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Not sure mate but it was suggested to turn it off when I did my 1/4 mile runs, so on one run I did and it neither improved or worsened my time :|

Brind
26-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Traction control should only come on when you start to lose grip.. what were the road conditions like?
I'd be annoyed if it came on in decent conditions when giving the car some welly! in fact with 4WD I'm very surprised it did come on??
I'm yet to experience any kind of wheel spin apart from tyre screeching when doing 60mph+ round a roundabout... damn good fun that was.

I don't have it on mine so I don't know how sensitive it is.. but there should certainly be a switch by the wing mirror controls to turn it off anyway.

KiwiTT
26-01-2004, 10:00 PM
It kicked in on the dry, turning right at an intersection.

I believe my tyres are losing traction, hence my other post (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2780) about a replacement set.

i3ooyah
31-01-2004, 11:08 PM
you can take the cornor faster then the traction control gives u credit for :( im glad there is a better 2 turn it off