PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Arch Extensions

probbo
05-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Does anybody know if you can actually get hold of any of these for a pre facelift VR4?
Cheers

Nick Mann
05-11-2007, 09:52 PM
The facelift is the same shape, except for the front bumper. The arch extensions will fit perfectly, although you may have to drill holes for the fittings?

The only ways of getting them will be second hand (rocking horse droppings) or from a stealership.

Nutter_John
05-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Drop AncientofMu a Pm i'm sure he had some

probbo
05-11-2007, 10:34 PM
So the facelift wheel arch extenders can be ordered from the dealers and they are a direct fit? Sounds good!

I got some evo 7 wheels which I put on at the weekend. They are on 235's although I would have preferred 225's but the tyres were too good to turn down - all virtually new. I've got no scrub or anything and am really pleased with them but they don;t half stick out of the front wing. The rears don't look too bad, it just the fronts which is why I think they need some kind of arch extension if only on the front.

Has anyone done this mod? If so how does it look on the rest of the syling of the pre facelift?

SGHOM
05-11-2007, 10:38 PM
I've got no scrub or anything ?

try tracking it !! :helmet: :helmet: /rally

stuartturbo
05-11-2007, 10:38 PM
I have a set from woodeye will let you know what the quality is like when they arrive

stuartturbo
05-11-2007, 10:41 PM
try tracking it !! :helmet: :helmet: /rally
mine 235 rubbed big time
But when i span a coooooooombe i managed to get the passenger side tyre to rub the inner wing. When on a set off ramps you would not think the tyre and inner wing could make contact/rally

AncientOfMu
06-11-2007, 12:43 AM
OK rough mitsi brand new prices are as follows..

Front Arch extension ~ £80 plus vat each
Rear Arch Extension ~£80 plus vat each
Front bumper moulding ~£38 plus vat each

So I make that...£465.30 for a set of brand new ones from Mitsi.

Check the prices if you want and I'm sure you will do.

I have 2 fronts, 4 rears and one bumper moulding. I dont need them anymore as the car is going..

They are used and need rubbing down and spraying in the colour of your choice....

Given how much they are new and how rare they are I think if anyone is interested in mine they best send me a pm.

MarkSanne
10-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Do you have pictures of them while on the car?

Nick Mann
10-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Any facelift type S has them - look at my garage, or Spirits, or bradc's, etc.....

bradc
10-01-2008, 07:16 PM
hopefully not for much longer, I've got something special planned :D

Louis
10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
There is a set in the Classifieds, for sale section, see here

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Classifieds/showproduct.php/product/366/cat/4

probbo
10-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I bought a set off Woodeye but unfortunately they were moulded from the post facelift VR4 and they do not fit mine (pre facelift '96). I think he mentions it now in the advert but it was not originally stated. They do not fit in with the existing front bumper mouldings and side skirts. You could try and blend them in if you were good with fibreglass or know a good bodyshop but I can't be bothered.

As a result my complete set is for sale. All parts in the set are already primed by woodeye - one of only a couple of sets. £55 plus UK postage and quick delivery. If interested PM me