PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone S-03 PP - anyone had these ?

KiwiTT
26-01-2004, 09:15 PM
I am looking at replacing my tyres this year. I read that this particular tyre improves as it wears.

Has anyone had these tyres and would they have them again ?

pjjohnson
27-01-2004, 01:53 PM
I had them - never again, poor grip and poor wear

Roadrunner
27-01-2004, 01:53 PM
The S-03PPs are not as good as the S-02PPs (were). I had six sets of S-02PPs on previous Subaru Legacies and loved them. When they went end-of-line, I tried one set of S-03PPs - didn't like them at all. Wet weather grip wasn't even close to the S-02s (I had suspected as much from the tread pattern). The reference to Bridgestones improving as they wear also applied to the S-02s - basically the rubber gets softer and stickier the further into the tread it wears, but I really don't think it's that noticeable. It did take a good 1,000 miles for the S-02s to bed in and give me confidence but, after that they were fine.

I've since used Avon ZZ-3s (which were OK, but needed around 3,000 miles to bed in and inspire confidence) and Toyo Proxes T-1Ss (now on my second set) which only needed around 1,000 miles to bed in but I need to run them around 2psi higher to cater for the softer sidewalls (now running 36psi front and 34psi rear). Happy with the Toyos :)

Brian

KiwiTT
27-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the good feedback.

I have a set of Toyo's currently, but they are getting a little long in the tooth. They are not even available as a model anymore anywhere, so I think that line has ceased.

I may try the T-1s.