PDA

View Full Version : Brake Deals

orionn2o
06-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Anyone know of any good deals on pads and disks going at the moment??

Probably want Ds2500's. plus some decent non standard disks.

:)

chris8g
06-11-2007, 05:07 PM
First of all being a new member i'd like to hi to everyone. hi. I don't know what Ds2500's are but i had to replace front pads and disc's on my TT within a week of buying it. I got the larger version EBC disc, vented, groove and dimpled with EBC red dust pads for £310 fitted, from demon tweeks. Seemed like a good deal to me and man do they work

Nick Mann
06-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I bought some discs for Vickys 206 GTi earlier this year from an ebay user called levo21. (Ebay feedback 95%) They groove the discs themselves, you can have 8, 20 or 40 grooves. They can supply Evo 4 discs and pads for:

Front discs £150 the pair.
Rear discs £150 the pair.
Redstuff £54 front, £39 rear.
Yellowstuff £60 front, £43 rear.

If five or more people are interested in buying together, they can reduce the price of the discs to £120 front, £100 rear. If even more are interested, further price reductions are possible.

The discs can also be plated for £10 a pair, preventing corrosion on the non-working surfaces.

Vickys have done a fair few miles now, with greenstuffs (It's only a 206!) and we are both still very happy with the performance and look.

I guess if interested parties post up here, then a group buy could be organised.

psbarham
06-11-2007, 07:47 PM
i'm running mintex grooved discs which cost 180 quid a pair delivered , they are a lot harder cast than the ebc ones which work very well with the carbotech pads, so should be ok with the ds2500's

Eurospec
07-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Well if you guys would like a deal put together, let me know what combos you would like and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers,

Ben.

unclepete
07-11-2007, 11:27 AM
I bought some discs for Vickys 206 GTi earlier this year from an ebay user called levo21. (Ebay feedback 95%) They groove the discs themselves, you can have 8, 20 or 40 grooves. They can supply Evo 4 discs and pads for:

Front discs £150 the pair.
Rear discs £150 the pair.
Redstuff £54 front, £39 rear.
Yellowstuff £60 front, £43 rear.

If five or more people are interested in buying together, they can reduce the price of the discs to £120 front, £100 rear. If even more are interested, further price reductions are possible.

The discs can also be plated for £10 a pair, preventing corrosion on the non-working surfaces.

Vickys have done a fair few miles now, with greenstuffs (It's only a 206!) and we are both still very happy with the performance and look.

I guess if interested parties post up here, then a group buy could be organised.

I'd be interested in any half-decent brakes, which cost less than the Mintex but are noticeably better than stock. So long as these fit within standard wheels, I'm in.

SGHOM
07-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I'd be interested in any half-decent brakes, which cost less than the Mintex but are noticeably better than stock. So long as these fit within standard wheels, I'm in.
As yours is a facelift Pete, you could go for the brembo's. but you would need larger wheels. /rally

Nick Mann
07-11-2007, 11:34 AM
The fronts are a direct replacement for standard discs/pads.
I am pretty sure the rears are too, but will need to check before I guarantee it!

They have just negotiated a deal with Carbotech, apparently? So will be letting me know deals with the pads as carbotechs as soon as they can.

They have done group buys with other clubs in the past.

orionn2o
07-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Hmmm interesting..

I've got Rossini disks on there now with the ferodos. Just wondered about trying any other combinations since these new disks are warped in about 10,000 miles which i'm not majorly happy about.

Had the 3g disks before with EBC red stuffs and they warped too :(

Eurospec
08-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Some Popular Combos from other platforms:-

Tarox 40 groove + Ferrodo DS2500
EBC Turbo Groove + Red/Green Stuff
Std Disks, Carbotech pads (Evo)
EBC Turbogroove + Ferrodo DS2500
DBA + Red/Green/DS2500

DBA and EBC i think are good value for money. The tarox/DS2500 combo is better, but it costs more.

Cheers,

Ben.

orionn2o
13-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Ben, Do you or anyone else have an opinion on these??

http://www.nitrac.co.uk/index.htm