PDA

View Full Version : EC1W upgrades - please!

michaelme
07-11-2007, 04:32 AM
Hiya.

I've got an EC1W legnum with a non-turbo 4G93 GDI motor.

It runs smooth and eveything but I'm keen to get it going a bit quicker.
I've found a place that can custom make a set of extractors for a half decent price, and another in Hamilton that can supply the remainder of the exhaust for an ok price, but I'm looking for more.

I'm not trying to build a race car out of this by any means (it's a work vehicle so reliability is a must), but at present it's gutless.

Any suggestions on a cheap and easy upgrade?

Kenneth
07-11-2007, 05:18 AM
Hiya.

It runs smooth and eveything but I'm keen to get it going a bit quicker.
I've found a place that can custom make a set of extractors for a half decent price, and another in Hamilton that can supply the remainder of the exhaust for an ok price, but I'm looking for more.

I'm not trying to build a race car out of this by any means (it's a work vehicle so reliability is a must), but at present it's gutless.

Any suggestions on a cheap and easy upgrade?

To be perfectly honest, the cheapest and easiest upgrade is to sell it and buy a VR-4.

The amount of money you would have to spend to get any worth while gains out of a GDI engine just isn't worth it. You aught to do some research on GDI engines using google.

I used to have one and did a lot of research, in the end I sold it and got a VR-4... Have never regretted that choice.

Gly
07-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Hiya.

(it's a work vehicle so reliability is a must), but at present it's gutless.

its a 1.5 tone car, its going to be gutless with a 1.8l engine that was built to be ecconomic,

leave it as is if you want reliabillity.

bradc
07-11-2007, 09:54 AM
I agree with Kenneth :)