PDA

View Full Version : More answers please

Roberto
07-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Ok, So that seems to be the AYC amswers ( See another thread http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27821 )

Now for the rest of the drive train.

I've read the good threads and explainations ( esp. Wirdys )./thankyou

But mine is a hopefully simple question.:dizzy2:

So here goes:

When you fill the manual gearbox, transfer box, rear diff and AYC fluids, Is it the case that you just fill the cases with the correct oil till they are full, or is there a specific amount and thats exactly whats needed???

As always/notworthy

Kieran
07-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah, with the transfer box, rear diff, gearbox and the AYC clutch fluid, there is a specified amount of fluid. Fortunately, the amount is basically level with the bottom of the filler plug. So what I do is empty, then fill untill it just starts backing out of the filler hole. Make sure you fill nice and slowly and on a level surface too otherwise you might get a bit of air in there that causes a false 'Full' reading. :scholar:

The AYC hydaulic circuit is filled via the reservoir in the boot and the dipstick is marked with 'Min' and 'Max' levels. :scholar:

Roberto
07-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks K,

A gentleman as always...

Nick Mann
07-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Errr... K?

Your rule is appropriate for the manual box, but not the auto! That has a dipstick.

bradc
07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Kieran knows that - but Roberto said manual in the first post :)

And yes he is right about all of the levels, fill them up until the oil starts coming out

Kieran
07-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks for correcting Nick for me there, Brad... It's his age you know...../pan

Nick Mann
07-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Sorry. As Kieran says, it's my age. As I go grey, people are starting to describe my ginger locks as strawberry blonde!

Kieran
08-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Sorry. As Kieran says, it's my age. As I go grey, people are starting to describe my ginger locks as strawberry blonde!

Oh, how sad.:( I almost shed a tear to think that the golden glow of the 'gift' bestowed upon you is fading. It almost turns my pure-blood to ice....

I-S
08-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Nurse, this man needs 1000ccs of IV ethylene glycol, stat!

Kieran
08-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Nurse, this man needs 1000ccs of IV ethylene glycol, stat!

/haz