PDA

View Full Version : Ralli Art Suspension Information.

GavDaniels
08-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey Guys,

I just got some Ralli art suspension components, which I am considering fitting to my Legnum. I have checked all the part numbers, and they match up with numbers in a Ralli art option list I found.

But I expect that the rear struts are left and right, so hoping somebody might be able to tell me which is which, and what they will lower the car to. The rear ones also have damper adjustment controls on them also.

The part numbers on the struts are as follows
RAEC5301G1 - Front 2 struts
RAEC5302G1 - Rear ??? Strut
RAEC5303G1 - Rear ??? Strut.

Also, the springs have the following colour codes on them. They are painted on as dots on 3 coils of each spring, (1 colour per coil, read from top down) which is obviously to list the height and dampening rates.

Front Springs - 1 White, 2 Blue, 2 Grey
Rear Springs - 1 White, 1 Blue, 2 Orange.

Am interested if anybody else has this kit on their Legnum and can help out with the sides for the rear struts, and if their colour codes are the same.

I have also uploaded the Ralli Art Legnum options list I found. Unfortunately is is in Japanese.

Regards

Gavin

Gly
08-11-2007, 07:30 PM
theres no sides, on the front,

and the rears only go on one way,
u'll notcie the lower mount one side is flared out.
when you take your old ones off make sure the new ones go in the same way...

i think the flared end slips onto the mount?

GavDaniels
09-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Hey Carsten,

Thanks for that. I haven't really looked at them for fitting as yet, because I would like to get an idea of how low the car may end up with them on. So was hoping to find somebody who has them who could measure guard to tyre clearance.

Any idea on the colour coding on the springs?

Regards

Gavin

Kenneth
09-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Hey Carsten,

Thanks for that. I haven't really looked at them for fitting as yet, because I would like to get an idea of how low the car may end up with them on. So was hoping to find somebody who has them who could measure guard to tyre clearance.

Any idea on the colour coding on the springs?

Regards

Gavin

Richard (KiwiTT) has the Ralliart suspension option in his 1997 Galant VR-4. I am not sure if they are the same, but you may want to pm him if you are interested in finding out.

detonate
09-11-2007, 06:54 AM
I have the same struts, not sure on what springs I have, though they're black and look similar. Too dirty (and old) to see the dots I'm afraid.

But here's a pic you can see my Legnum on 215x40x17's

http://gallery.helix.net.nz/VR4-Legnum/100_9942?full=1