PDA

View Full Version : Amazing what you find when you change a bulb ...

White Lightning
08-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I just had to share this with you.

I have just popped out of work lunchtime to replace a dead number plate bulb...

I popped the boot lid and found that I could not remove the bulb as there was something in the way. This "thing" I had noticed before I did not do anything about. It was basically a box shaped thing about 10cm x 10cm x 5cm in size and covered in a bit of old towel and wedged in place in the boot lid. Up until now I assumed it was something to do with the old alarm system which I am slowly ripping out of the car. So I removed the "thing" and removed the bit of towel from it. Now, I was expecting to find some kind of electronic alarm type box inside. No. Instead it was half a concrete brick ....

:inquisiti

It was not holding anything in place. I checked. It's almost as if someone put it in there to make the boot lid heavier so that it did not spring open so quickly.

How bizarre ... :speechles

Anyway, it's gone now ... and I have got a new working bulb in there :scholar:

Wierd.

Wodjno
08-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Was it "Green" ?? :inquisiti

White Lightning
08-11-2007, 03:41 PM
The brick was just normal grey colour ... the towel bit was just a dirty colour ... not green. I don't think there is any damp in there.

Wodjno
08-11-2007, 03:46 PM
So it wasn't "Green" then :speechles

jayjay99
08-11-2007, 03:55 PM

/haz damn shame

ANTHONY
08-11-2007, 10:11 PM
just think of the weight loss

White Lightning
08-11-2007, 10:49 PM
just think of the weight loss

That's what I thought ...

Has to be worth at least 0.0001s on the drag stip /yes

Paul Beazer
12-11-2007, 02:48 PM
As in purest greem?

VR-04-TT
14-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Was it "Green" ?? :inquisiti

The brick was just normal grey colour ... the towel bit was just a dirty colour ... not green. I don't think there is any damp in there.

lol I think that just shot straight over the head and left a good splat mark on the wall :happy: /pan