PDA

View Full Version : help again guys

jimmy
08-11-2007, 11:43 PM
/Grrr hey guys im still seem to be having trouble with the idle ive taken the stepper out and it seems to be fine it has a brown plastic x on it but it doesnt turn, is it surpose to turn? and all so when i reset the system by un pluging the batterie it goes great until i rev it a little? does any one have any idea if the stepper is stuffed or what cause its starting to really bug me and i need it fixed for when i go back to west auckland shortly. thanks/pan :inquisiti

Nick Mann
09-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Sorry - not an issue I have come accross. Have you tried reading diagnostic codes?

Subaru ETA
09-11-2007, 11:21 AM
if you take the stepper motor out and look at the plug pins there will be 6 of them. the outer 4 are positives and the middle 2 are you negatives if you get what i mean.

wuth a ohm meter you want to check for resistance in the circuit, SO, for the 2 positives you go from one positive to the neg, and take the reading. then from the other top positive to the neg. then do this with the bottom row (man this is confusing just writing it down so i hope you get what i mean!)

your reading should should be 0.72 ohms.

if i have compltly confused you say so and ill try to take some pics

jimmy
11-11-2007, 09:53 PM
yep im confused pics would be easyer i had a look and now im gone

jimmy
21-11-2007, 09:54 AM
hi guys i ended up going to the local mitsi down here in wanganui and they did a m u t test $35 found the stepper had burnt out replaced and all good thanks for every thing :iloveyou: :zzz:

Subaru ETA
23-11-2007, 05:40 AM
ooooops...forgot about this! sorry i didnt get the diagram up!