PDA

View Full Version : help immobile galant again

strapping young lad
09-11-2007, 07:53 PM
2 years ago the Torque Converter went bye bye and the mechanic bought a strengthened one for it i believe (it felt like it in my wallet anyway)

well last week ive lost drive again and a whine coming from under the engine bay....

so...

im doing some research so does anyone here know of someone who can supply either a new or recon TC?

bloody thing shouldnt have given up the ghost after only 2 years should it? have i not got any claims on warranty on something like that or is the wallet going to be emptied again?

cheers

dyf

Kieran
09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Did they replace the torque convertor and the splined shaft it sits on, or just the T/C?

Also, if they fitted both, were they standard or strengthened ones?

strapping young lad
09-11-2007, 09:11 PM
no both the TC and the splined shaft was replaced (i had the shaft on display in my office!)

im told they were strengthened ones

strapping young lad
12-11-2007, 09:48 PM
bump :pimp2:

car is being taken away tomorrow (finally)

anyone got suggestions to source a TC?

Kieran
12-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Try a mail to JPAT - www.jpat.co.uk and they should be able to advise. They're aware of the V6-24's tendancy to eat its gearbox.:scholar:

strapping young lad
13-11-2007, 05:08 PM
got a quick response from them 339 where they take it off my hands, get it refurb and sent back in 3 days

cant be bad

car has gone to do the doctor to see how poorly it is :(

strapping young lad
15-11-2007, 10:54 PM
its defo the TC, shaft is ok, just the bits inside the tc have gone..

sending it tomorrow, and getting the gearbox flushed (sounds expensive!)

Subaru ETA
18-11-2007, 09:14 AM
that stragne for the internals to go in the converter after 2 years. you do trans flushes and stuff to it?

strapping young lad
24-11-2007, 10:48 PM
it was flushed when i went last time (2yrs ago) the g/b has been sent away to fit the new shaft and flush it again for swarf.

mechanic thought it odd going to quickly..

bank account isnt too chuffed either

should be back on the road on tuesday... so it would be off the road for nearly a month :(

strapping young lad
28-11-2007, 11:26 PM
car is now back on the road again

the tc came back 3 days after i sent it off, minus the shaft (they forgot to send it) but this was quickly rectified and the shaft was sent out the same day so i only lost a day and a half with the shaft missing.

the warranty is 12 months with jpat and is only valid if you buy the shaft with it (makes sense)

drove my car for the first time tonight.. boy do i miss it!

nice to feel a proper engine at last,

been pootling to work in a 6yr old renault scenic... EWWW! (mother in law's!)

1.6 and no va va voom!

Wodjno
29-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Long time no see :speechles

Are you still Skinny ?? Or did you get Fat again :scholar: