PDA

View Full Version : Noise in the back

Nevman
11-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Sometimes I can hear a squeaking (i hope that is the right word :) ) noise in the back when coming off the bump or the curb. I think it is the shock absorber mount or something like this.
Do you think about anything else that may cause the noise? Where can I buy required parts and is it a big problem to change them?

Thanks in advance.

Davezj
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Is it a squeak or a chiry vibration?

I had a chirpy vibration, and it can from the rear seat clips that hold them in the upright position. to fix it put some tape round the mating point with the clip and the chirp stops. try putting the seats down and doing the same thing that gives you the squeak, at least it will rule out the seat back clips.

ANTHONY
11-11-2007, 08:44 PM
i also had a funny noise from the back but only happens when the wife sits there and i go fast

Nevman
11-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Is it a squeak or a chiry vibration?

I had a chirpy vibration, and it can from the rear seat clips that hold them in the upright position. to fix it put some tape round the mating point with the clip and the chirp stops. try putting the seats down and doing the same thing that gives you the squeak, at least it will rule out the seat back clips.

Does it apply to recaro sits as well?
I think it's rather squeak (well... at least I think it is cause I am not the best with all these onomatopoeias)

peter thomson
11-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I had some noise in the back as well but fitting a rear strut brace appears to have got rid of it

Nevman
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
But mine happens ONLY when I'm coming off bumps, curbs or if I go over the hole (ditch ?) on the road.
Did you have this same experience.

peter thomson
11-11-2007, 09:30 PM
No probably just when cornering .I tend to try and avoid curbs and ditches as I wouldn't have a bumper or side sills as it is too low to chance going over them

Davezj
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
are you sure it not the jack or something else moving about in the boot. have do the take everything out of the car that isn't screwed down test?

Nevman
13-11-2007, 12:07 AM
No, I am sure it's nothing in the boot. I believe that it is shock absorbers mount.

richy rich
13-11-2007, 12:24 AM
i also had a funny noise from the back but only happens when the wife sits there and i go fast
same prob when i have the kids in the back but its screams off joy