PDA

View Full Version : Question about Galant front spoilers

mackinnon
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I've got a 98 Galant GLS that when I bought it had only one headlamp washer jet left on it. Now the other one has been broken off (how, or by who I don't know) & it's annoying me slightly as it has left two holes in the front spoiler

Anyway, I keep seeing Galants with front spoilers like the one in this picture

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-SERVICE-DIAGNOSTIC-MANUAL-CD_W0QQitemZ120179885502QQihZ002QQcategoryZ18334QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that have no headlamp washer jets on them. Does anyone know what Galants these appear on?

My thinking is that is one of these spoilers refitted to my GLS might be better than sourcing another two headlamp washer jets & fitting them only to see them broken off again.

ANTHONY
11-11-2007, 10:41 PM
that is a preface lift VR-4 ...........................But the CD in the advert is proberly for a USA spec motor

Nick Mann
11-11-2007, 10:47 PM
There are plenty of different front bumpers, almost any of which will fit your car.

The problems are:
1. US cars - the headlights are a different design, so the bumper and grille are also different.
2. One particular bumper (see pics of my car - click my username and then the appropriate link) needs a different grille to match the bumper.

It would probably be easier and cheaper to fill the holes in your bumper and repaint it?

bradc
12-11-2007, 03:30 AM
Any JDM bumper apart from Nick's one will work fine, there should be lots out there, can't be too hard to find one!