PDA

View Full Version : Operation 'return to standard' has started

AncientOfMu
12-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Due to a very good friend of mine I now have Heated, Lit workspace to put my car back to standard for sale :).

This evening started at 19:30, by 22:00 I had achieved the following.

Front grill removed.
Headlights removed.
Front splitters removed (for spraying)
Bumper removed (grill and bottom lip are getting re-sprayed)
Side skirts removed (for spraying)
All four door cards removed and replaced.

I will update this thread with further progress pics just in case anyone is interested. The plan is she will go on e-bay next monday so I have a full week of evenings and a weekend to get everything done :).

d i c k i e s
12-11-2007, 10:57 AM
no mucking around huh!

AncientOfMu
14-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Well this evening I managed to get the drivers side skirt back on.

Passenger side door frames and rub strips masked off.
Painted the passenger side bits.
Cleaned the passenger side door cards.
Painted the fog grills.
Prepped the passenger side skirt.
Started to prep the front bumper.
Also decided to take the V6 for a change rather than the golf so I could listen to some sounds :D

Pics below.

The Vee
14-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Give my eye teeth for some space like that to work on mine!!
Looks like you're doing a fine job there mate. Maybe I've not kept up somewhere, but why's it going?

AncientOfMu
14-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Looks like you're doing a fine job there mate. Maybe I've not kept up somewhere, but why's it going?

The fact that if I kept it it would be off the road over the winter, i need the money and I cant justify £35 a week petrol when I only work 5 miles from home.

And keep up ffs! /pan /pan

The Vee
14-11-2007, 02:08 AM
oops
That told me!!:iloveyou:

psbarham
14-11-2007, 07:48 AM

:D :smug: :smug: :smug:

White Lightning
14-11-2007, 02:07 PM
The fact that if I kept it it would be off the road over the winter, i need the money and I cant justify £35 a week petrol when I only work 5 miles from home.

And keep up ffs! /pan /pan

I hear that. I am feeling the strain at the moment using the VR-4 daily. I only live about 4 miles from work and the VR is just drinking fuel in this cold weather. Not good when you are trying to save for a wedding!!!

And to make things worse I can't even use the bike to get to work because of my back and achilles problems at the moment ...

Anyway, good luck with the sale Don. It's a shame to see it go but needs must I guess ...

AncientOfMu
22-11-2007, 03:33 AM
Interior all back in :).

Oil change done.

Front bumper back on.

Just some more bodywork bits to tidy and shes done :).

Havn't been able to do much this week as the family has had the flu :(. Not me thank goodness, just everyone else.

I'll post some more pics once I get back to the lockup :).

And a big thanks to Kieren who came down on Sunday to give me a hand, (and have some bits too) :P.

AncientOfMu
03-12-2007, 11:49 PM
All done. Just writing the advert for Ebay and Pistonheads and Autotrader now.

The Vee
03-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Looks fantastic - bet it's even better in the flesh. Good luck with the sale

Spirit
04-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Looks fantastic - bet it's even better in the flesh. Good luck with the sale

Ditto :happy:

ANTHONY
04-12-2007, 12:33 AM
looks good Don

Kieran
04-12-2007, 01:13 AM
I popped down to see Don a few weeks ago and it did look good back then, even though it was pre-polish!

The other thing about this car is that the underneath is nearly as good as the top - being a recent entrant to the UK means the tinworm's not been to work!!

AncientOfMu
04-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the kind comments guys :iloveyou:

Now on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-Mitsubishi-Legnum-Galant-VR4-Type-S_W0QQitemZ160187346145QQihZ006QQcategoryZ18230QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jayjay99
05-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah, good luck on the sale mate, looks mint!

Turbo_Steve
05-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Wow, that paintjob really does look the mutts....especially in the engine bay!

MPBVr4
05-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the kind comments guys :iloveyou:

Now on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-Mitsubishi-Legnum-Galant-VR4-Type-S_W0QQitemZ160187346145QQihZ006QQcategoryZ18230QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That the way to sell a car - great description etc:2thumbsup
Good luck with the sale Don.

bradc
05-12-2007, 07:02 PM
good ad and good luck with it. Whats the Res?

Kieran
05-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Whats the Res?

Cardinal auction rule broken!/pan Go to the back!!/pan /pan

bradc
05-12-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm not going to buy it am I? So I should be able to ask :)

AncientOfMu
05-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Reserve will only be revealed to potential buyers who come to look at the vehicle.

I think that was what I said in the ad.....you coming to the UK brad? before monday?

And no offence taken brad.

I have set the reserve realistically on the value of the car. Thats all im gonna say :happy:

As I've said before I do need to sell it but I'm not going to give it away. I'd rather file for bankrupcy first.

bradc
05-12-2007, 07:51 PM
hehe not a problem. It's such a nice car :)

SGHOM
05-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Looking good Don /rally I hope it doesn't sell. :thinking:

pitslayer
01-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Don, when i have sorted the paypal and the cash out with you, do we have to do "operation return back to non standard"

Kieran
01-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Don, when i have sorted the paypal and the cash out with you, do we have to do "operation return back to non standard"

Does that mean the white Peril has found a new home?:inquisiti

pitslayer
01-02-2008, 09:42 PM
yes it does kieran

ANTHONY
01-02-2008, 09:45 PM
woohoo nice one

Turbo_Steve
01-02-2008, 09:47 PM
"He shoots, he scores!!!!!"

bradc
02-02-2008, 01:11 AM
cool, I like it when they stay within the club :)

pitslayer
02-02-2008, 02:02 AM
i always said i prefer to buy a club car, because i can trace the history of it, with this one i dont really have to considering everyone knows it already, which also makes life a lot easier.

Nutter_John
02-02-2008, 02:09 AM
well done pitsy , got yourself a galant with a working g'box now :p

She is a nice car seen and you will enjoy her

psbarham
02-02-2008, 10:16 AM
yes it does kieran

woo hoo, nice one, and may i say a cracking choice /GJ

pitslayer
02-02-2008, 06:22 PM
ithought so to. only thing is i have now been looking at pics of it all white, and im getting even more ideas. so confused on what to do
do i leave the black bottoms all around, or do i spray them all white
do i spray itall white and leave the fog light area black

Nick Mann
02-02-2008, 08:13 PM
A guy at work has a completely white one. I don't actually like it all that much. It's known as the Ghostbusters Wagon! /pan

I have nothing against white (except that it is hard to keep clean!) but the black bits on Dons make it look cleaner and more substantial IMO.

Congrats! Good result for both of you, I'd say!

Beastlee
02-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Bugger, better look for a different back-box LOL

Congrats to both parties.

pitslayer
03-02-2008, 12:36 AM
if i dont like the back box its going free to any clubmember. Its the law

ANTHONY
03-02-2008, 11:57 AM
i think it would look better all white IMO

pitslayer
03-02-2008, 01:17 PM
it looks really good all white with the super splitters. And in black. Then have to detail the wheels then to match

Turbo_Steve
03-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I'd keep the black: it just makes it that little bit unique, personal, but is very subtle into the bargain.

Anyone who knows is going to go "hang on a minute...."

pitslayer
03-02-2008, 03:50 PM
if i do it all white it gives me the dilema of what colour to do the wheels. if it is white and black i know what to do the wheels as.

i really need a set of cibbies though, might see if i can make a set out of a knacker headlight i have, i have an idea how to do it,

d i c k i e s
03-02-2008, 10:33 PM
i really need a set of cibbies though, might see if i can make a set out of a knacker headlight i have, i have an idea how to do it,

Im listening? hehehe.

pitslayer
04-02-2008, 12:04 AM
im thinking if i can buy a set of cheap morretes. And them retrofitting them to a galant headlight taking a mould and going from there

pitslayer
17-02-2008, 02:00 PM
well, we got the interior back in it yesterday, wasnt bad. got there about 9am. to the lock up then for 9:10, where don got to witness the epic handling skills of a jag booting it around a corner and hitting black ice, must of been a wierd site, seeing a jag step the arse end out coming through a junction. loaded a whole interior in to the black estate and the jag. and then back to the house. after a cuppa and a ciggie we attacked the car, we were done in about 2 hours maybe a bit more. with a long trip to tesco twice we had left about 2.
don i believe sustaining the only injury.
didnt get any pics as we just got straight into it and got it done.
and im sure i have had said it before, but those god damn front door cards!!!!!

oh and another handy tip, when your struggling to put the new card on, and don comes up and has it on within 30 seconds, make sure you have actually put the clips that hold the door card in, on. /lol

AncientOfMu
18-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Was a great morning :).

Good to see you again Kyle.

Just need the rest of the money and you can drive her in anger (well after youve put some super in her).

Seriously I cant wait until she actually gets driven again.

My wife was concerned that it would be difficult for me If you went to Japfest but I assured her that 'leggie' belongs on the track and it would be good to see what you have done to her.

I actually didn't notice you goin sideways..... was too busy concentrating on keeping the V6 on the road. (Disclaimer...I was on a tight deadline to get the V6 back for the wife to use)

pitslayer
18-02-2008, 02:11 AM
it was a very tight deadline, stupid key.
had it all planned out, wake up at 4am, unit for 4:15-pick up van, and jerry can for some petrol. get to the unit...open the shutter, open the door, straight to the office with keys for the vans. wheres my key...by...where the hell is the other half of it.....4:45, running out of time, cant find the offending remains of the key, dont know where it has snapped of to/Grrr have to leave. completly forgot about the jerry can. all was good, untill i filled the jag up with petrol...30 quid, i havnt used it since last friday going to bristol and it had 40 put in then, and this uses far more than ten quid...fuel gauge knackered, only reading 3/4 tank, so guessed how much fuel was in there.
get there, pull the stuff out of dons black one, to the lock up, get a bit sideways on one junction, to heavy a foot really..load up full interior and wheels into 2 cars, 10 minutes. and then back and empty interior onto lawn.
then it was plain sailing

after the quick test lap around your street, i will not be driving it in anger, will end in tears.

she will be used on the track, with that horrible thing going through my mind of *Don is watching, dont bin it* will take it easy, will be first time out on the track so will take it nice and slow i think.

will be keeping an eye out for a leather door card for your car though :( :(

all in all a good day, apart from ben constantly asleep on the way there and the way back.

and the police are also using Vauxhalls again on the motorways, i spotted a fair few on the way back