PDA

View Full Version : 'Accelera Alpha' tyres?

Robotnik123
12-11-2007, 12:53 PM
A workmate has offered me 4 barely used 225/50/16 Accelera Alpha tyres for $NZ250. He bought them for $99 each on trademe, but then decided to get larger mags so the tyres are now surplus for him. Anyone ever heard of or used these? They are V-rated steel belted radials and are made in Indonesia.

I figure they must be pooh, but considering I drive like a grandma most of the time, I might take a punt, especially since the price ain't bad and I am a bit skint at the moment.

bradc
12-11-2007, 07:19 PM
If you're comfortable with not going fast most of the time, then yeah they will be an ok option.

The only thing to really worry about is that you still may need to stop fast!

Robotnik123
12-11-2007, 11:48 PM
If you're comfortable with not going fast most of the time, then yeah they will be an ok option.

The only thing to really worry about is that you still may need to stop fast!

Well I bought them. I figure they'll be adequate. Better than the worn Pirelli P6000s on the car now probably.

Robotnik123
13-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Well I bought them. I figure they'll be adequate. Better than the worn Pirelli P6000s on the car now probably.

So I got these trademe special tyres fitted today and did some spirited driving around a few twisties and stuff like that this evening. Anyway, the car seems to handle fine. No worse than before. I need to do further testing me thinks!:inquisiti