PDA

View Full Version : TV Arial's

miller
12-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Just found them in the spare wheel housing in my car. Are they of any use over here?

Mike

Nick Mann
12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Don't know. I know the TV on the MMCS will not work in the UK due to different broadcasting standards, but if you fitted a different TV reciever, then maybe they would be useful?

Kieran
12-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Don't know. I know the TV on the MMCS will not work in the UK due to different broadcasting standards, but if you fitted a different TV reciever, then maybe they would be useful?

That's about the top and bottom of it - Depending on the connectors the aerials have. I would guess at 3.5mm minijacks?

omar
12-11-2007, 10:24 PM
In my experience the jap t.v antennas don't work over here even if you have a compatible uk tuner the antennas are still on a different frequency and reception is poor. Jacks on most of these t.v antennas are 3.5mm have tried to use jap aerials and got very poor results ( can look really cool though in retracted position only).hope this helps you some, i'm in the car audio, security etc trade so if i can help any further don't hesitate to shout.