PDA

View Full Version : AYC MUT alternative

MPBVr4
13-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Don't know if this has been flagged up before but might be useful:inquisiti

http://www.btrprep.com/btr_products.htm

Davezj
13-11-2007, 02:29 PM
looks like a nice system, but it is for active center diff ours is a passive viscous coupled unit, is it not. with no ECU.

this would be ok for evos with said diff.

Just thoughts! but still a good find.

MPBVr4
13-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Active Diff on Type S. LSD on Type V I think:inquisiti

Nutter_John
13-11-2007, 02:55 PM
err the cars with AYC have an ECU and and active diff via the clutch packs

So by the looks of it this should assist with AYC flushes etc

other than that I can't see a use of it

Gowf
13-11-2007, 03:58 PM
I dont think that it would control the ayc. As said the evo's have an active centre diff that is controled by a button on the dash to select either snow, gravel or tar, and its this that the unit is bypassing, not the ayc circuit. So nothing to do with the rear diff at all.

I did only have a quick look though, and if it would be a handy tool to own if you had an evo

Louis
13-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Roger rally was doing a similar thing, putting a button on the dash or a paddle control on the sterring column, so that when you are in tar setting you can hit the button and have snow setting through a corner, and back to tar setting when you are round the corner, his controlled the centre diff.
The snow tar gravel setting only actually controls how long the acd holds for, before it releases, different times for each setting, check out the mitsy website for info on it.
I~ have seen a similar unit which tells the ecu what to do, so you can turn on the pump to bleed the AYC, but you can do this by shorting out the pump so it is on while bleeding, similar to what the mut does during a mitsy ayc change, also turning steering to left and right full lock as the steering angle sensor tells the diff what you are up to!. so activates the pump.

stuartturbo
13-11-2007, 08:44 PM
for that price no
but i'd sell you a launchx431 we sell at work and you could use it for live diag the works on any car via diag port thats how my ayc was bleed out

Kieran
13-11-2007, 09:52 PM
for that price no
but i'd sell you a launchx431 we sell at work and you could use it for live diag the works on any car via diag port thats how my ayc was bleed out

Just banged "Launchx431" into google....

HOW MUCH?!:speechles /help

stuartturbo
13-11-2007, 10:06 PM
yep bit more than £600 for the other thing
aimed at proper diagnostics rather than one shot ayc bleedind a little excessive /lol/lol