PDA

View Full Version : English 6A13TT Workshop Manual

SiliconAngel
14-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi guys,

I'm sure you've got another thread discussing this somewhere, so sorry for not taking the time to find it (them). Just want to attract as much attention to this as possible.

As I'm sure some of you are aware, there's been some discussion of a genuine VR4 Workshop Manual being done by JPNZ (http://www.jpnz.co.nz), a technical translation house in NZ. I got an email from them tonight, stating the following:

Hello from JPNZ International

We are taking requests for the Galant / Legnum workshop manual. This manual will be a full factory workshop manual with illustrations. Please see at link below:

http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=23/SUBID=240/ID=650/SID=63076686/productdetails.html

If you have already confirmed your request, thank you.

We expect to cover all of the below in the manual:

GENERAL INFORMATION, ENGINE MECHANICAL, TURBO,ENGINE LUBRICATION & COOLING SYSTEMS, FUEL & EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS, ENGINE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT, CLUTCH, FRONT & REAR AXLE, MANUAL / AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, STEERING WHEEL, PROPELLER SHAFT, BRAKE, WHEELS & TYRES, SUSPENSION, INTERIOR EQUIPMENT AND MUCH MORE…….

We mainly have call to cover the 6A13TT engine at the moment but will add any other engines if there are any requests for them, any engines with no requests we will not add into the manual. The manual will be somewhere between 400 to 500 pages once complete.

Process to complete this manual.

1. We require 150 + requests to consider translating and publishing a manual.
2. We order the full Japanese manual from Japan.
3. We then require a NZ $30 deposit from all interested people.
4. Translation will commence and take between 8 to 12 weeks.
5. Full amount to be paid by all and we will ship the manual to be delivered in 5 to 10 working days.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Michael McCarthy (Director)
JPNZ International Ltd.
29 Portage Rd, New Lynn,
Auckland, New Zealand.

Postal: P.O. Box 20-002 Glen Eden,
Auckland, New Zealand.

Phone: +64 9 825 0773
Fax: +64 9 825 0774
Mobile: +64 21 829 531
email: michael@jpnz.co.nz

www.jpnz.co.nz

For repair manual info for your vehicle please go to: www.repairmanual.co.nz

We need 41 more expressions of interest in this, and then we'll FINALLY have access to a genuine English Workshop Manual! I've been trying to get hold of one for MONTHS and I'm so keen I'm strongly considering ordering two just to move things along that much faster - for the money, its definitely worth it!

So anyone that hasn't expressed an interest in this, please follow the link (http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=23/SUBID=240/ID=650/SID=63076686/productdetails.html) and click away, and we could all have one of these in our hot little hands in about three months!!

I've also already emailed Michael to find out if we get a physical or electronic (or both) copy and will post up the reply as soon as I know. If we only get a physical copy I'll just scan it and provide a download for anyone who wants an electronic version.

A question for the mods - is there any way you guys could send a PM or email to your members about this? Just sitting here it could get missed by a lot of people quite easily...

So why are you still here?! Get clicking!!

SiliconAngel
14-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Putting my money where my mouth is, I've now ordered a second copy for myself, as I consider less than AUD$200 for a decent workshop manual an absolute bargain!

40!

Lillywotsername
14-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Angel... Most of the peeps that may be interested will be on later tonight. I am sure you will have some interest.

Nick Mann
14-11-2007, 06:34 PM
The thread is a Sticky in the General area:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27485

But thanks for highlighting it again! It would be better if further discussion continued in the other thread - to keep it all in the same place.

VR4 MAD
14-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Putting my money where my mouth is, I've now ordered a second copy for myself, as I consider less than AUD$200 for a decent workshop manual an absolute bargain!

40!

Point to note though................Steps 3 and 5 of the process mentioned in JPNZ's e-mail use the word "ALL".

If ALL the 150 people who express interest don't pay the deposit nothing happens and no body gets the finished produce till ALL have paid in full.

See my post in the other thread about this here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=285016&postcount=27).

/toycar

Sydo
15-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Signed!

SiliconAngel
15-11-2007, 02:26 AM
Point to note though................Steps 3 and 5 of the process mentioned in JPNZ's e-mail use the word "ALL".

If ALL the 150 people who express interest don't pay the deposit nothing happens and no body gets the finished produce till ALL have paid in full.

See my post in the other thread about this here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=285016&postcount=27).
Yes I know... I should probably have made myself clearer. When I said I've ordered a second copy for myself, I meant I've orderd, intend to pay for and receive two copies. I absolutely do NOT advocate people go clicking to get the numbers up unless they're prepared to PAY for it.

I'm prepared to pay for two. Because, as I said, getting a manual for this car even at TWICE the price JPNZ are asking is a bargain IMO.

valmes
17-11-2007, 06:23 AM
If anyone needs it in Russian here it is:

http://ftp.domainbg.com/Mitsubishi/Japan/Mitsubishi/Galant/Manuals/1996-2003%20Galant%20Legnum%20Aspire-ustroistvo%20obslujivanie%20remont/

matsondawson
19-11-2007, 08:54 AM
I've signed up.... 149!! One more to go...

matsondawson
25-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Here ya go, I translated a page or so for you... can I have $1 ?
Amazin what high school japanese and google translate can do.

uploaded/616/1195976235.gif

uploaded/616/1195978037.gif

uploaded/616/1195979271.gif

Davezj
14-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Bump!!
193 want manul on web site where is it?

No Dave, the English translation of the Workshop Manual hasn't even STARTED yet. The reason for this is we don't have 150 confirmed requests as yet - nearly 80 of the original requests registered on the JPNZ website have gone unconfirmed. Once we get 150 confirmations, everyone will receive an email requesting deposits of NZ$30. Once JPNZ receive that from everyone, the manual will be started and we should see it completed a couple of months after that.[/QUOTE]

does this mean people email address have changed , or some other kind of in used in the registration.

what do people have to do to re confirm registration.

just register again, if so lets do it.

matsondawson
15-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Hmmm maybe they could change their website to say how many people have confirmed, and do another mailout.
And those that don't respond in a month get removed from the list.

VR4 MAD
15-02-2008, 01:05 AM
It's really really disappointing to see how slowly the process to get the translation of the manual started, is going. /Grrr

Then again, it's not that surprising...........very easy to register interest, just a little more difficult to reply confirming interest..................... and that was to difficult for 80 people. :speechles

Just imagine for a second then, how hard................. (and how long it will most likely take, given how slowly people have been to just confirm)............. it's going to be to get 150 people to dig deep into their pockets and pay the $30 deposit before JPNZ even get to start the translation.........../pan /pan

Sorry for all the pessimism...........I just wish this process would be over so we can get the bl**dy thing translated......grrrrrr

Rant over

/toycar

Kieran
15-02-2008, 01:58 AM
VR-4 Mad.... I understand your frustration - I feel much the same if I'm honest. It will happen, the confirmations do keep ticking up, but with number of users we have on both here and OzVR-4, I'm amazed we can't scrat up 150 people who want a workshop manual!/pan

richy rich
15-02-2008, 09:31 AM
It's really really disappointing to see how slowly the process to get the translation of the manual started, is going. /Grrr

Then again, it's not that surprising...........very easy to register interest, just a little more difficult to reply confirming interest..................... and that was to difficult for 80 people. :speechles

Just imagine for a second then, how hard................. (and how long it will most likely take, given how slowly people have been to just confirm)............. it's going to be to get 150 people to dig deep into their pockets and pay the $30 deposit before JPNZ even get to start the translation.........../pan /pan

Sorry for all the pessimism...........I just wish this process would be over so we can get the bl**dy thing translated......grrrrrr

Rant over

/toycar
All I can say about this is /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

phosty
06-03-2008, 07:31 PM
If anyone needs it in Russian here it is:

http://ftp.domainbg.com/Mitsubishi/Japan/Mitsubishi/Galant/Manuals/1996-2003%20Galant%20Legnum%20Aspire-ustroistvo%20obslujivanie%20remont/

I downloaded this just to have a look at the likely content. Whilst my wife can read russian to a small degree (she is Slovakian) I think this would be beyond her.

However I noted on flicking through that there seemed to be a lot of info in the russian version that I don't remember seeing in the Japanese version. See pages 147 - 149 where they show the turbos being overhauled - section 15-14 of the Japanese version does not include this?

Also 112-124 of the Russian version seems to cover detailed overhaul of the engine internals, bearings, pistons etc yet this is missing from the Japanese version.

Are all these extra bits Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) or actual separate overhaul procedure manuals that have been incuded in the single Russian translation?

Will the JPNZ translation include all that good stuff?

Goku
06-03-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm sure you can get one, the VR-4 was sold NZ new anyway, so at least one mitsubishi dealer should be able to get them