PDA

View Full Version : windscreen wipers

ianturbo
17-11-2007, 04:57 PM
any one any ideas for me , when i pull wipers to wash screen ,and put wipers on intermitent they don't work !! they only work on constant mode (on all time )which is a bit crap when tryin to clean screen !!:speechles
ian

miller
17-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Are you sure when you lift the toggle to 'clean' action its actually coming full height? There seems to be a catch halfway on the cycle which you need to be a bit firmer?

Could be shooting totally off the wrong branch/pan

Mike

pitslayer
17-11-2007, 07:06 PM
clean your screen with autoglym fastglass, then apply 3 coats of rainx and you wont need your wipers ever again

miller
17-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Ive seen this RainX advertised, is it really as good as it says on the tin?

pitslayer, i presume any good glass cleaner will do the job of the autoglym stuff?

oh and sorry for digressing this post!

Mike

Johnny_Cashed
17-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Autoglym Glass Polish and Karlack glass sealant seems to be a more popular combination at the moment

ianturbo
17-11-2007, 08:04 PM
i don't need polish , i need wipers to work on intermit !!!//pan pan /pan /pan

Johnny_Cashed
17-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't know, first you want four wheels on a car, now you want wipers too? Getting a bit picky :scholar:

Turbo_Steve
17-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Sounds like a faulty relay / intermittant wipe module. I've had identical symptoms on another car.
That said, I haven't got a clue where this lives on the Mitsi's. sorry.

ianturbo
17-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't know, first you want four wheels on a car, now you want wipers too? Getting a bit picky :scholar:/Handbag /Handbag /Handbag your right my next question was goin to be (how can i get 50 mpg !!:pimp2: :pimp2:
ian

miller
17-11-2007, 09:25 PM
/Handbag /Handbag /Handbag your right my next question was goin to be (how can i get 50 mpg !!:pimp2: :pimp2:
ian

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/

/pan

pitslayer
17-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Ive seen this RainX advertised, is it really as good as it says on the tin?

pitslayer, i presume any good glass cleaner will do the job of the autoglym stuff?

oh and sorry for digressing this post!

Mike
if it were crap, i wouldnt use it lol. i suppose any good glass cleaner will do, i prefer fastglass myself only like 6 quid if that, rainx is about 8 quid though, but so worth it, i find 3 coats sufficient lol, to be honest since applying it to all our cars ive used wipers 3 times in torrential rain that was it. mainly because i couldnt go fast enough, for it to clear itself it was that bad

which always makes me think of the question is it illegal to not use your wipers in the rain, if you can see perfectly clearly with rainx?
you dont actually need wipers, or a windscreen, or washer for an mot.

get 50mpg pah no problem, buy yourself a jaguar xj6, with the trip computer, drive it down hill with no accelerator touch down and it will do 99mpg/pan /pan

n13l pm
18-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Got to agree with pitslayer, its all about rainx. I use rainx glass cleaner then rainx rain repellent, on all my windows, great stuff. You will find twin packs available for fairly cheap.