PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy

gavinjacques
17-11-2007, 07:30 PM
hello i have singled out 3 ralliart galant estates to buy and just trying to see if anyone knows these cars.
firstly Y322 UEU in silver for sale down south
secondly Y332 UEU in white for sale closer to me up north
and thirdly **51*** in burgandy with leather in st albans
would be nice if cars already known to this club so can get better idea of condition and tlc they have received
cheers gavin

TAR
18-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi and welcome to the club.

Are these all private sales? If they are from dealers, give us some links and if anyone is nearby, they might be able to take a look for you. I'm not far from St Albans.

Service history is all important with these cars, they need an oil service every 4500 miles!

Nick Mann
18-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I used to own Y336 UEU. If I had seen either of the others with similar plates it would have stuck in my head! So sorry, not really any help. If you go and view, post up where and when and there is a chance that a member or two will go and offer an experienced eye.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

HMG1K
18-11-2007, 09:27 PM
First one is up on AutoTrader - under the Legnum section... Looks very tidy and decent price...

Other two are on ebay...

peter thomson
18-11-2007, 10:43 PM
The red one on ebay was advertised by a trader more than a year ago in autotrader and I think going by the mileage it has not been used since then so could be the same trader on ebay

gavinjacques
19-11-2007, 03:42 PM
thats the three i mean. hoping to look at white one this week the red one on ebay wants 8-9k but hehe has no reserve.
is it true the ralliart ones are mapped for 95 ron unleaded and also is cambelt something that can be easilly done or is it best to take to steeler?

HMG1K
19-11-2007, 04:01 PM
SOmething doesn't ring true with the red one on ebay... Reading the question some one's asked about servicing, and the seller says they'll show the buyer in person - presumably after they've won and must go through with the transaction...? Simple question - simple answer..? Not sure about the white one. Doesn't say much - have you rung the seller...? What does he say...? My cash would be on the silver one down south... looks 'honest'!

Not sure about the unleaded fuel - what I've read from other postings on here if you use anything less than Super Unleaded in the UK, then the car suffers and doesn't perform / run as it should...

The cambelt... again from reading elsewhere on here it is a big job - say 7 hours... When you do have it done get all the belts changed, and the tensioners... plus recommened is the water pump as the belts power the water pump and vice versa - so if the pump goes you need to take the engiune to the same stage as if you are changing the belts just to get to the water pump...

I'm sure others will correct me if anything above is incorrect...

Nick Mann
19-11-2007, 09:46 PM
The official UK cars and 95 ron..... It has been rumoured several times, but no-one has ever proved or disproved the theory. I always ran mine on super anyway.

Make sure someone knowledgeable does the cambelt service, even if it's not a stealer. It is a biggy, including platinum spark plugs etc, and people have discovered that they have been ripped off in the past.

gavinjacques
20-11-2007, 03:32 PM
thanks the seller of the white one i contacted and has done just over 80,000miles and sounds in good condition history etc and for the saving over the silver its worth going to se.

HMG1K
20-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Keep us posted on the silver... I haven't seen it, but like I say looks and seems like a great car - plus is one of the official 200 Mitsubishi imported to the UK... My money would be on that than the red one on Auto Trader... even though that one looks to be another official UK car...

They are as rare as land... they don't make them anymore!

Good luck...

Bit of advice before you go on your travels, becoming a paid up member will save you a lot of um-ming and ahh-ing over bits and peices and what to expect. There is a wealth of buyers guides, info, and searchable previous posts which will prove invaluable knowledge to be armed with before you buy... It's what I did and it was the best £20 I ever spent!

Kieran
20-11-2007, 09:27 PM
The official UK cars and 95 ron..... It has been rumoured several times, but no-one has ever proved or disproved the theory. I always ran mine on super anyway.

I have a UK brochure here for the Galant and it does have the VR-4 in it too. It says to use 98RON.:scholar:

Personally, I think that the 'changes' that mitsubishi made weren't as comprehensive as one might think... For example, the brochure quoted that the UK cars have beefier batteries, and alternators than the Japanese ones - Just like the Japanese Cold-area spec cars.... :thinking: