PDA

View Full Version : speed

gwange
17-11-2007, 07:58 PM
hi, im looking to buy a legnum,can you tell me the 0-60 and top end and what problems i need to be looking for. i own a skyline r34gtt at the moment are they pretty close

Turbo_Steve
17-11-2007, 09:08 PM
I've come from a 300ZX TT that dyno'd over 400bhp, and I don't regret it. I've driven a couple of R34s and the VR-4 isn't as quick on A-roads. Across country lanes, windy roads, the so called "Impreza territory" it's a seriously capable machine.
It puts the power down so effortlessly, and handles so well, you will want more power :)

gwange
19-11-2007, 11:15 AM
cheers steve, im seriously considering this as they're more pratical for my growing family

rees
22-11-2007, 03:19 AM
they're
fast (0-60 = ~5.5sec top speed 150mph +)
different
quality well built/durable
uncommon
big but still quite nimbe due to ayc
comfortable
need any more reasons ??

gwange
22-11-2007, 12:04 PM
No,will be getting one as soon as i sell my skyline

Turbo_Steve
25-11-2007, 11:58 PM
beware: the skyline has more power but generally uses less fuel!

bernmc
26-11-2007, 10:51 AM
I've gone the other way - VR4 to GTR-33.

VR4 is easier to drive fast, safer for the average driver (which most of us are), stealthy and way more practical.

Most VR4's around are tiptronic, so you've got a slush converter in the way. Skyline is much easier to tune as there's so much available for it.

So far, the GTR is one of my all-time favourite cars, but I'd swap a GTT for a VR4 any day.

Gowf
26-11-2007, 01:06 PM
As Bern said... It all depends whether you get one with a proper gearbox or not. The gear ratios on the manuals do let them down slightly as they are way to short, so you are limited to around the 150ish mark. Also because they have the worlds smallest tub's on them they seem to use fuel like its going out of fashion.
All that said, i have a manual and wouldnt ever want an auto. Ive also got an R33 GtsT at the moment to run about in while the VR4 is off the road... The skyline is an awesome toy, but i really miss the vr4.

Turbo_Steve
27-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I think it's worth mentioning that the gearbox choice should be influenced by the intended use of the car. Our Legnum VR-4 is a daily driver (hey, it's the wife's car!) and although she is a spirited driver when she wants to be, it does a lot of hum drum stuff, and sits in traffic etc. The Tiptronic is perfect. My only bugbear is possinly the Traction control, which I have to remember to turn off if I am going to drive it irresponsibly, as it turns a brilliant handling car into an understeering bag of slush.

As has also been mentioned, the ECU map is very strange: ours actually uses less fuel when driven hard than on part throttle. I keep checking the lambda voltage, but all seems fine.....

jpnvr4
21-12-2007, 06:41 AM
As has also been mentioned, the ECU map is very strange: ours actually uses less fuel when driven hard than on part throttle. I keep checking the lambda voltage, but all seems fine.....
I was wondering if I was seeing spooks when it cam around 2 that .... i cruise home and the gas just disappers .... flooor it home and I would swear it used less gas ....wonder if anyone else noticed this?/duh

TAR
21-12-2007, 10:32 AM
I would agree with your theory on fuel usage.

I get about the same mileage from a tank of fuel whether I drive it carefully or not.

The biggest killer is traffic in town, you can just see the needle drop.

ANTHONY
21-12-2007, 09:13 PM
i have a manual and get about 26mpg on a run

jerryd_33
30-12-2007, 11:33 PM
I was wondering if I was seeing spooks when it cam around 2 that .... i cruise home and the gas just disappers .... flooor it home and I would swear it used less gas ....wonder if anyone else noticed this?/duh

Hi M8,
Have had the VERY SAME and LUCKILLY went through 2 MOT`s. But FAILD misserably on the last on EMMISIONS.
Anyway, got a UNIVERSAL O2 ( Lambda probe ) off of good old Ebay fitted it and lowered the Fuel pressure, if you have the ADJUSTABLE REGULATOR kind fitted........................EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE PASSES THE THE EMMISIONS TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try those two points and see if that helps.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A VERY VERY VERY BIG O!!!

MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE FUEL ECONOMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: /rally /rally /rally /rally :scholar: :scholar: :scholar: :scholar: :scholar: :scholar:

Sorry no pics of the O2 being changed as I had to change it WEEK before CHRISTMAS.

Let me know if you are going to change your O2 sensor and I will tell you which way arround the wires go.

Wodjno
31-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi M8,
Have had the VERY SAME and LUCKILLY went through 2 MOT`s. But FAILD misserably on the last on EMMISIONS.
Anyway, got a UNIVERSAL O2 ( Lambda probe ) off of good old Ebay fitted it and lowered the Fuel pressure, if you have the ADJUSTABLE REGULATOR kind fitted........................EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE PASSES THE THE EMMISIONS TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try those two points and see if that helps.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A VERY VERY VERY BIG O!!!

MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE FUEL ECONOMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: /rally /rally /rally /rally :scholar: :scholar: :scholar: :scholar: :scholar: :scholar:

Sorry no pics of the O2 being changed as I had to change it WEEK before CHRISTMAS.

Let me know if you are going to change your O2 sensor and I will tell you which way arround the wires go.

Nice 1 :D

have you got Linky Linky to 02 sensors :scholar:

jerryd_33
01-01-2008, 09:57 PM
NEW Universal MITSUBISHI 4 Wire Oxygen Lambda sensor o2 Item number: 250179324964 tpg.sales

Hi WODJNO,

Sorry no linky to o2 sensors but the above item is the one I fitted to my car. Just check if he has any more.

Yes the ebay site has a listing for one ( possibly more ).